Plans for RF4s!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Do you have any special plans for the game when it gets ported to the switch? Will you do the same thing you did another time you played for nostalgia's sake, or will you be doing a path you always intended to but never got around to?

I really really want to replay and marry Leon or Meg like I always intended to, but I haven't seen my fave bachelor Dylas in years so I likely will marry him again like I always do lol I think I'll end up focusing more on the farming than the fighting aspect though! I always tend to focus on that more and forget the farming all together, so I'm going to try and switch it up. Also tend to use the same weapons, so I'm going to try something different with that and maybe have the dual blades (my usual weapon as backup).

I also tend to forget to have other people come with me to help fight; I'll go by myself like A FOOL so I'm going to attempt to actually use that mechanic this time around lol
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm probably going to try to do more if there are more than 3 save files involved. Otherwise, Forte, Meg and Dolce will be my top choices as usual. I might also finally get around to doing a female playthrough - something I've been delaying since the release of the JP version.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm finally going to go for Vishnal, after having him be my first inclination in my first playthrough, but ending up with Arthur, and then in my second playthrough unable to resist Leon (who I believe will always be my favourite.)

I did use Forte sometimes and I often brought fairies along but I think I'll probably try to consistently bring party members along right from the beginning this time, and level my crafting as much as possible right from the start, which helped my second playthrough a lot...I did way better in battles the second time over the first. I think I will still rely on my cute fairy buddies once I have them, though...those tiny ladies are insanely powerful, very aggressive, and are great for hitting weaknesses.

Plus this time maybe I'll actually finish Rune Prana. I got pretty far through in my second play but it's around then that I just drift away from the game because there's not much plot left to work with. And I never did try the Sharance maze, though I'm not sure if I even want to.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I think for me it'll depend entirely on WHAT the extra content we're getting turns out to be. Old habits die hard. I'm sure I'll do something different, I'm just not sure WHAT. I've played RF4 through a few times and it was pretty fun to see just how fast I could get through the main story. Can't wait to see how the new difficulty destroys me. :lol:

I got I think...halfway through the Sharance Maze? I'd like to go back to that, though not on the new difficulty...haha
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm gonna remarry Dylas lol. I need to see his animated portraits and Newlywed story haha

Also Meg. I wanna marry her too.

Oh, and maybe actually beat Rune Prana. I just never did in my other files haha
Sanne
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I'm gonna rush to see every newlywed dialogue first!

Once I've seen all new post-marriage stuff I will probably start a new Arthur file and grind everything to max for once, I love RF4.
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

PeachyKeen wrote:I'm gonna remarry Dylas lol. I need to see his animated portraits and Newlywed story haha

Also Meg. I wanna marry her too.

Oh, and maybe actually beat Rune Prana. I just never did in my other files haha
yeah maybe I'll like actually finish and beat the main storyline in this game
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I never actually got married, so I'd like to achieve that at least lol. The randomly triggered events just frustrated me too much towards the end. But I loved Dylas and I know he wanted to marry me.

Idk if I'd go for Dylas again. I'd maybe have a go and wooing some of the other bachelors that I didn't get to know as well last time.
FoolishGhoul wrote:I also tend to forget to have other people come with me to help fight; I'll go by myself like A FOOL so I'm going to attempt to actually use that mechanic this time around lol
Omg same!! I always forget it's a function! Maybe if I play with one of the new harder difficulties it'll be harder to forget about.
Night Owl
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

As long as there's more save files, I'll probably end up marrying everyone I can. And maybe this time around I'll beat Rune Prana without dropping the difficulty to Easy just because I was just done with that whole dungeon. I've only ever beaten that dungeon once... Maybe I'll finally do all the Requests for Liza, make all the best equipment, etc. I kinda want to hit max level at least once, but that'll take an eternity and a half. Also maybe on a different file, I'll try out the new "Hell" difficulty. Wonder what's that like...
Kumquat
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I think I'm going to play as Lest this time around. I married every bachelor in the 3ds game, and I even married Leon twice (once with a son and once with a daughter)! So this time my main file will be as Lest and I'll give the ladies a shot. Think I'll go for Xiao Pai first. I also want to have my own harem in this game (I never dated multiple people at once in the 3ds game) so it'll be a new experience. Everyone will want a piece of me 8)
Definitely going to play on the new hard mode too because I love a good challenge!
I want to say that I would try maining a new weapon this time around, but I already know that won't last long before I go back to the dual blades haha :lol:
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I will most likely just go right to Leon, Dylas, Arthur in that order lol. I ended up marrying everyone I wanted to in the DS version, finished the storyline and Sharance, so this time it will just be playing to my favorites while enjoying the game on a big screen :)

I did start a Lest file on my DS and was on my way to making a harem for him, so maybe I will actually finish doing that this time around, pending if there are more than 3 save files!
Lin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I really doubt I'll get RF4 again, unless they give us a better 3rd arc but IF I do... I'll probably mostly do things the same? Maybe I'll bite the bullet and actually get married this time, but I kinda doubt it since I like none of the bachelors very much. It'd have to either be Leon or Doug, probably Leon because Doug really annoys me sometimes and reminds of my ex a bit too much. Plus if you marry Doug your kid sometimes does that lame fireball spell right?...lol. Sad.

More I think about it the less I want to replay unless they add something awesome.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So I've married everyone before to see their events, but my main files were always Arthur, Dylas and Leon, so will probably go for those three again to see any new after marriage content. Arthur has always been my overwhelming favorite, but since it's been many years since I've played, I'm very curious if that's still going to be the case now. The older I get, favorites always seem to shift a little bit.

I don't have much interest in replaying as Lest, but if s/s is a thing I have a mighty need to marry Meg in one of my files.
PiplupPeanut
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Years ago, my 3DS died while I was saving on my Arthur file because I was on an overseas trip. I'd bought a European 3DS charger in France, but then I went to Italy and wasn't sure it would work there so I didn't use it. Then, shortlly after I got the pregnancy announcement scene with Arthur, I saved and my 3DS died at the same time, taking my husband with it.

...so basically I plan on marrying Arthur again haha. Luckily I had a Vishnal file at the time so all of my combat related stuff was safe on another file.

I also want to marry Kiel for once! I'm not a fan of his design but he's always been a bit of an enigma to me, so I'd love to see his character better.
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Soapylion wrote:I never actually got married, so I'd like to achieve that at least lol. The randomly triggered events just frustrated me too much towards the end. But I loved Dylas and I know he wanted to marry me.
He wanted you and you denied him soapy smh!

I do hope they've ironed out the random events thing. I get that it's supposed to be random, like irl, but damn, it was too frustrating. I'm still waiting on Doug's marriage event in my 3DS file