* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 22, 2019 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Shortybread
Post Posted: Jul 27, 2019 3:55 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Ahh, I skimmed the topic because I missed a lot of conversation but I just wanted to post cause I'm SO HYPE!! :heart: I love Rune Factory, and this game happening at all is like a dream come true. :lol:

I definitely think the building could be MC's farmhouse - doesn't seem too unlike one to me - but a guild or a smithy would be SO cool, so I genuinely hope that's what it is. I love guilds in video games in general, and management elements where you get to run a shop or business are so fun! I think they would be really well suited to Rune Factory already, since you can make your own accessories/weapons/tools to begin with. Would be neat if the townsfolk posted requests for items they want you to craft, and you can deliver them to them! If the building is far away from town, that would be cute, working on stuff at your workshop and then running it out to the town for people~ :lala:
I'm not gonna get my hopes up for that, because like people have mentioned it's all speculation!! But dang, that idea is so cute, I love it. :lol:

I'M SO EXCITED to see the bachelors and bachelorettes too!! RF4's cast had such great designs imo, and all of the characters felt really intricate and in depth to me? At least in comparison to previous games, as well as earlier games in the SoS/HM franchise. I (still) couldn't choose who to marry, because everyone was so darn charming... ;-;
And I'm so hoping for some more Univir characters! Or a new fantasy race?? That would be super exciting. :0c
It's probably too early to tell, but I think the MC's seem super cute too, LOL!!

The color purple being important is also very interesting!! Don't know how to take that but--
Spoiler:
it being related to the Dark element or a Dark dragon would make a lot of sense!!

Ehppy
Post Posted: Jul 28, 2019 9:57 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

^ A workshop could be really fun!! They already had some light shop-managing mechanics in RF4, and I found it pretty fun. Would be really cool if they expanded upon it in RF5! And I also really love the idea of a guild. :heart: So many possibilities.

And I'd love to see more of the Univir too! And more mermaids. I'm gonna flip my lid when they start revealing bachelor(ette)s

I really love the interview that Kikki linked. They sound so enthusiastic and excited to make something truly special. I'm not worried in the slightest and feel like this could be the best RF yet. *-* Fingers crossed!!

And yeah that teaser was more than I was expecting so I'm super hyped over it lol.
Any RF news is good news to me, and super super exciting. :heart:

infel
Post Posted: Aug 07, 2019 11:09 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I read the article and I can also tell the creators are really into both of these games. I'm glad also that Rune Factory is coming back. It's a game series that more people need to play. RF4 I need to play. I never got into it sadly much and I've played two in the series. I want to play the DS version and the new version. Hope both these do well because this series are good. =D.

nongo
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2019 9:54 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

I really hope this game does well too considering it died for a few years.
I remember reading comments saying, "Rune factory what's that? Is that like a Stardew Valley rip-off?"
Like no, nothing is a rip-off from anything. RF came before Stardew. I really hope this game coming to the switch will give it a lot of heat and gain more interest from non-fans.

MaiIsMe
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2019 2:07 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Will they have new news this month too?

nyahoarder
Post Posted: Sep 10, 2019 2:00 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Can't believe I missed the announcement on the RF4S save data bonus! Aaa I was really hoping for cameos from RF4 and I'm so glad it's confirmed we're getting a couple. I definitely could see Margaret and Dylas, as was mentioned. Arthur and Amber also seem pretty likely? (But personally I love Xiao, so as unlikely as it is... please?)

I wonder if the game will still have cameos aside from the save data bonus ones? It'd be a little off if you had to have RF4S to have cameos at all (plus they're from only one game), I feel, but I could see them avoiding doing 4+ cameos to focus on the new cast.

Late to this conversation but I really hope the house in the illustration is some sort of shop. It'd be fun if they built up that mechanic more! It was neat in RF4 but kinda felt dull and not fully realized.

Daisuke Tsubasa
Post Posted: Oct 09, 2019 4:14 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

News has been pretty slow to non-existent as expected. FoMT Switch releases this month where most of Marvelous's PR has been focused on alongside Daemon x Machina so hopefully after that the momentum goes back to normal. We did have a slight update on 5 a while back during briefings about the Chinese versions for RF4SP ::

https://nintendonewsblogger.tumblr.com/ ... factory-5s
Quote:
Marvelous has shared some new info on the development of Rune Factory 5. We’ve learned that the game’s “world view”, protagonist, and scenery have been finalized.

World view probably refers to the game's overall themes. Well, whatever the case I can keep waiting. A ton of games ahead of us + ones I haven't finished yet.

whimsicalwendall
Post Posted: Oct 13, 2019 8:31 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I love the guild/smithy idea! The building they revealed looks a little decrepit to me, I wonder if rennovating it will be on the menu. I think a Harvest Moon: A New Beginning style set-up where you spruce up an old town and recruit new villagers from surrounding towns or by saving them (or defeating them in their monster forms if we go down that path again and I hope they do) would be thematically consistent and also a lot of fun.

Speaking of surrounding towns, I really would like there to be some! Even if they're just small traveler's outposts between dungeons or if they're not home to any named characters, I'd love some other towns you can visit to flesh the world out a little more.

Characters are always what excite me most about new games, I just love learning about and getting attached to a new cast, and I cannot wait until they reveal them--even of it probably won't be until next year. ;w;