Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Nov 27, 2021 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 67  Next
Soomi
Post Posted: Nov 25, 2020 8:41 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

You said exactly what i thought. Its been a while since i get such nice replies that makes sense. I guess rune factory subreddit really just mess with my heads. Thank you for making me feel welcome here.

Bribri
Post Posted: Nov 25, 2020 8:59 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Hello Soomi! I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Now when it comes to the topic at hand, I think it's fine to marry the younger characters just because you enjoy the content they offer. That being said, when it gets to a certain degree (like adults talking about how hot they think characters who look like actual 10 year olds) that is when it does become very... Not good.

Because I am using an anon account and this is a forum I associate with light hearted topics, I don't feel quite comfortable going into why the "it's just a drawing" thing does not work in most cases where the romance candidates/characters depicted look/act underage but as long as it does not get into sexual territory, I think everyone will get along with you just fine.

Soomi
Post Posted: Nov 25, 2020 9:41 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Thank you. I just like Cecil because of his cute design. Kinda hope he acts his age. Personally he doesn't look that young to me at least his in game design. He doesnt looks that young when compared with kiel either. Maybe its because im asian so our standard on how young a character looks like are different than people who lives in a western country.

I encounter some international students in our university and they looks so mature for their age at least to me. We look like teenagers when being compared with them side by side.

nongo
Post Posted: Nov 26, 2020 1:19 am 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Welcome to the forums Soomi! Don't worry, you are safe here.

In one of the photos on the main site Alice is seen holding a flip-phone. I guess technology is more up-to-date in this game, so I can only assume it's the most recent period in the RF timeline. Do all the games go down in time depending on their number? RF1-2-3-4? Because a lot of the games seem to coexist at the same time due to sharing the same characters. RFF and ToD are together because Tabatha and Candy are in both. RF4 takes place during RF2's second gen because of Barret. Or are all the cameos meant to not be canon?
Spoiler:

RodCopper Fishin
Post Posted: Nov 26, 2020 1:30 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Is that a phone?? It looks like it could be a pass or ID or something to me

Kikki
Post Posted: Nov 26, 2020 3:19 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It looks like a phone cuz of the way she's holding it, and it sort of looks like it might hinge in the middle though I'm not too sure of that. It does look super thin, almost like a ticket or something. And it's got what I assume is the "Seed" logo printed on the back. It could be a phone or other communicator, but I'm not prepared to say that it is, yet, since there's too many different things I can imagine it being and I don't know which is more likely.

runefactor
Post Posted: Nov 26, 2020 2:24 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Soomi wrote:
Is it weird that i honestly like cecil as a marriage candidate despite being an adult women? Well im not a real adult yet. Im just a student attending college. Coming from a rune factory subreddit it seems like that community is very sensitive when it comes to young looking characters. Rune factory 5 isn't even come out yet and i already seeing Cecil slander just because he looks young. I encounter such comments like 'an adult should legally dislike underage people' and i was like ??? Hes not underage? Looking young =/= underage and all of the sudden they're giving irl situation like child marriage out of nowhere which is very uncomfortable.

I was offended with these claims honestly because I don't look my age irl ;; Yea i do like a cute type characters but if they seriously thought my preference on an anime artsyle characters reflect irl then there must be something wrong with their heads. In the end of the day its just a drawing. The people in rune factory subreddit needs to relax omg. Its not that deep. It can be toxic at times so i end up delete my reddit acc because i can't stand being there.

Sorry if it sounds like im only ranting here but the people on subreddit can be so rude and unrespectful. Im not aware that reddit can be a toxic website until like a year later. I have nowhere to go to talk about rune factory until i saw this websites. Everyone here seems nice and polite so i hope we could have a civil and interesting topic here. Also yes im super hype for rune factory 5. Sorry for my english im just bad when it comes to grammar.

It's not weird! You like what you like. It's a very fun and light hearted game, don't feel bad about it! Kiel and Amber were among my favorite RF4 characters. What can you do if they have such adorable lines and events? I think I could have a bigger issue if this game was more serious/mature and the romance portion of the game was more sexual.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Nov 26, 2020 4:26 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Back when I was playing 3oT, I really liked Tatsumi and thought it was such a shame that he wasn’t a bachelor until I realized that he’s like 10 years old, which made me feel pretty awkward. I don’t really mind younger looking characters, and my issues/lack of interest in Kiel and Amber as LI were because of their personalities (although in Kiel’s case, I sometimes felt like he acted innocent to mess with people). I think Cecil is really cute but I’m a bit wary just because he reminds me so much of Illuminata, whom I didn’t really liked.

Soomi
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2020 12:25 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Fr tho. Not that i didn't like illuminata but i prefer if cecil didn't act like her seeing how the game describe him as 'delusional detective' which really remind me of her. I just hope he's nothing like her and seriously pursue his dream becoming detective and not just all talk. But i guess i dont really have to worry about that since he have an actual mentor like Terry to guide him unlike illuminata.
They also described him as 'innocent young man' which idk what to feel about that. I mean they could give us a bit of a twist on his character like 'despite his looks he have a somewhat sinister personality or smth' lol since we already have kiel with that kind of personality.

Martin and Cecil are siblings but they really look nothing alike. I wonder if one of them are adopted tho but we just have to wait until the game release to find it out. They didn't seem to have the same sibling relationship like Forte/Kiel.

Mecha-Lollipop
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2020 1:37 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Threw together charts comparing official art to cut scene art to portraits on bachelors/bachelorettes. Spoiler tags because images are large.

Bachelors:
Spoiler:

Bachelorettes:
Spoiler:

runefactor
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2020 5:56 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Soomi wrote:
Fr tho. Not that i didn't like illuminata but i prefer if cecil didn't act like her seeing how the game describe him as 'delusional detective' which really remind me of her. I just hope he's nothing like her and seriously pursue his dream becoming detective and not just all talk. But i guess i dont really have to worry about that since he have an actual mentor like Terry to guide him unlike illuminata.
They also described him as 'innocent young man' which idk what to feel about that. I mean they could give us a bit of a twist on his character like 'despite his looks he have a somewhat sinister personality or smth' lol since we already have kiel with that kind of personality.

Martin and Cecil are siblings but they really look nothing alike. I wonder if one of them are adopted tho but we just have to wait until the game release to find it out. They didn't seem to have the same sibling relationship like Forte/Kiel.

Agreed! Illuminata really got on my nerves. I'm hoping Cecil isn't as nosy and bossy. I'm curious about his relationship with Martin as well. If I had to guess, I wouldn't say either of them's adopted, they prob just look very different or maybe they're half brothers... Just guessing though. Martin seems to be stoic and loner-y so maybe that's why they're not so close.

@Mecha thank you so much for the images!! They look so damn purrdy! From the looks alone, I think this is already my favorite marriage candidate selection in any RF game. To be very honest, I'm not a huge fan of how animal like Murakumo and Fuka are... Just the animal ears was more than enough for me in the past... But it seems everyone is really into their designs so I'm happy for you hee hee there are more than enough options for me. I love Fuka's skin tone!

Ronin19
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2020 5:02 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Mecha-Lollipop wrote:
Threw together charts comparing official art to cut scene art to portraits on bachelors/bachelorettes. Spoiler tags because images are large.

Bachelors:
Spoiler:

Bachelorettes:
Spoiler:

Man, I love all the guys so much, but definitely falling for Murakumo. That dang smile!

As for the girls, they're all cute. Fuka, to me, in her sprite, looks too young, but that's just me. Ludmilla is definitely my top pick so far.

Bluie
Post Posted: Nov 28, 2020 7:50 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I definitely love Murakumo and Ludmilla when it comes to character design alone. Murakumo looks jolly and his character description leads me to believe he'll be a loveable dork. Ludmilla looks like she'll be a hoot, probably a big tease, and her being a succubus has some great story potential. I usually play through every Rune Factory (that has gender protagonist options) twice to see the different dialog options (and because I want to) so I think I have the mains I'll be going after set, for now.

I do like Lucas on his looks alone, but I'd have to get a better feel on him all around before deciding to romance him. Everyone else I'm neutral on. I'm honestly very pleased that this game has someone for both genders that appeal to me, because I honestly wasn't very fond of any of the options in Rune Factory 4. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the characters and really enjoyed their dialog, but I never wanted to marry any of them. I ended up going with Arthur and Clorica because they were easy to romance and available from day one in the game. Same with RF3, chose Collette because easy and accessible.

In fact, the only time I can remember where went for a specific candidate because I liked them was Alicia in Rune Factory 2. Literally only went for Bianca in Rune Factory because of the challenge, but I LOVED Alicia and still do. I think she's the only 'Christmas Cake' candidate we've gotten who looks the part. My memory is foggy because I vaguely remember there being an older bachelorette in Tides of Destiny, but hell if I can tell by just looking at the character art.

Regardless, happy to see we got some aged-up bachelors (possibly only Lucas, but idk Murakumo don't look like a baby or teen), but it'd be nice to see some of the bachelorettes given the same treatment. I get that the market is for Japan first, and it's ageist as heck towards females over 20, but the times, they are a changing. Perhaps this is the first hurdle.

Daisuke Tsubasa
Post Posted: Nov 28, 2020 1:55 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Quote:
In fact, the only time I can remember where went for a specific candidate because I liked them was Alicia in Rune Factory 2. Literally only went for Bianca in Rune Factory because of the challenge, but I LOVED Alicia and still do. I think she's the only 'Christmas Cake' candidate we've gotten who looks the part. My memory is foggy because I vaguely remember there being an older bachelorette in Tides of Destiny, but hell if I can tell by just looking at the character art.

Alicia being the most mature looking is amusing when you consider her and Ray's mother Natalie looks super youthful even post-timeskip when she's become a grandmother. And yeah, she along with Yue are the only ones who don't get married in gen 2. Well, if you married Mana or Alicia then Yue remains single but marry anyone else and she'd act as a spare for a rival who lost out i.e. marry Julia and it's Max x Yue etc. On the other hand, Alicia is forever alone u.u I'd love for an RF2 remake with an enhanced / more varied gen 1 gameplay with Mana as the playable fem protag lmao

re: Tides Lily I'd code being an "older" bachelorette. Not mom level but onee-san at best in the vein of Illuminata or now Priscilla's older sis.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Nov 28, 2020 4:06 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Ludmila is certainly the most popular so far, I can see why. She really stood out from the other girls, and she’s also kinda different compare to the past bachelorettes. I really do hope she’s a fun character to hang out with, and not someone will annoy me.

I can sort of forgive we didn’t have a mature bachelorette here, as it’s the first time we have a mature looking bachelor. So far we only have 3 mature looking bachelorettes, I think? And I agree Lily is more of an onee-san type.

But still, it’s definitely better if we actually have one
Spoiler:
especially like Lynette who is an enemy turned to an ally.

But, oh well...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 67  Next