Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Ludmila is certainly the most popular so far, I can see why. She really stood out from the other girls, and she’s also kinda different compare to the past bachelorettes. I really do hope she’s a fun character to hang out with, and not someone will annoy me.

I can sort of forgive we didn’t have a mature bachelorette here, as it’s the first time we have a mature looking bachelor. So far we only have 3 mature looking bachelorettes, I think? And I agree Lily is more of an onee-san type.

But still, it’s definitely better if we actually have one
Spoiler:
especially like Lynette who is an enemy turned to an ally.
But, oh well...
I mean, we have five months left until the game drops yet they've unveiled presumably most of the candidates + villagers. Feels a bit sus especially when the last unveiled bachelor / bachelorette iirc was 2 months before release in Japan. Leon and Clorica were the last to be shown I think. I think if we're lucky we'll have a secret 7th candidate per gender, both who may be strongly plot tied.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Daisuke Tsubasa wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:Ludmila is certainly the most popular so far, I can see why. She really stood out from the other girls, and she’s also kinda different compare to the past bachelorettes. I really do hope she’s a fun character to hang out with, and not someone will annoy me.

I can sort of forgive we didn’t have a mature bachelorette here, as it’s the first time we have a mature looking bachelor. So far we only have 3 mature looking bachelorettes, I think? And I agree Lily is more of an onee-san type.

But still, it’s definitely better if we actually have one
Spoiler:
especially like Lynette who is an enemy turned to an ally.
But, oh well...
I mean, we have five months left until the game drops yet they've unveiled presumably most of the candidates + villagers. Feels a bit sus especially when the last unveiled bachelor / bachelorette iirc was 2 months before release in Japan. Leon and Clorica were the last to be shown I think. I think if we're lucky we'll have a secret 7th candidate per gender, both who may be strongly plot tied.
What could have been with Venti. You know, an extra mission that unlocks with the power to turn Venti into a human and then the wedding event right after.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I’m not really expecting secret candidates here, but it would be cool if it will actually happen. I do feel the silver haired girl and the butterfly guy are strongly tied to the plot and maybe they’re related ‘cos they both have the same hair color. I could be wrong though.

And, Venti is sort of a wasted potential... Although, I’m unsure with her human form, but that’s a different story haha.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I think that the silver haired lady has the potential to be older. I believe Lily in ToD was quite popular, so that fact should be indicative to the developers. We’ll have to see!
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RodCopper Fishin wrote:I think that the silver haired lady has the potential to be older. I believe Lily in ToD was quite popular, so that fact should be indicative to the developers. We’ll have to see!
True. Don't forget Lily's Iwasaki art doesn't look that old but she's confirmed as among the eldest of the bachelorettes.

We still need to see silver haired girl's in-game portrait + anime cutscene screensshot. I hope she has a yamato nadeshiko type of personality. A serious, graceful, eleagant woman who doubles as a warrior.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Unfortunately if anyone has potential to be a secret candidate, it's Livia. Seems plot tied and screams
Spoiler:
secretly a dragon based on her eyes and would be parallel to Venti's human form
Honesty, I'm super disappointed how young Fuka looks in her portrait. Like her official art and all that didn't look nearly that young and not to mention the anatomy is just...off. She didn't need to be as big as murakumo or anything, but I wish she wasn't so young looking. I thought Lucy was a good "young but not too young" looking type (same with Cecil).

But in the end, appearances don't really matter cause you can have a great/likable character of a candidate despite not caring for their appearance, or alternatively, their personality can ruin an otherwise fine design (Pia and Lily for me personally, were frankly, disappointing).

Overall the girls are def cute, but way too safe/same-y and not much diversity really. Murakumo may not be that much older compared to like Reinhard or Martin, but the man is MASSIVE build/height wise and obv werespecies appeal. Lucas certainly is at least late 20s, early 30s altho his appearance is kind of all over the place in terms of trying to gauge his age.

I'd give an arm for a candidate like his sister or Lucy's mom. Technically, Priscilla's sister actually has a nice portrait but her model is a disaster and otherwise she's not much my type ~personally~.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I kinda disagree with the girls being samey. I think the guys felt samey for me. Mature, manly, gentleman, competent... It felt all of them were like that. The only different was Cecil. They didn’t even have a genki or a jock kind of guy, or kind of a comic relief guy. I feel the RF4 guys were more diverse than RF5.

At least the girls were kinda different. A tomboy, a wereanimal who speaks differently, a serious and strict one, a normal girl and a succubus.

And I am disappointed with the portraits. All of their normal poses look the same, and some of them feels kinda off too. The 3D models were kinda hit or miss for me as well.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I feel like the guys have the better variety in RF5, compared to the girls. We've got a stalwart and forthright knight type, a quiet, socially-awkward blacksmith (who secretly names his tools like they are pets or friends), a cute young detective type who seems on the perky side, a jovial, manly were-man, a stately older man (who looks and sounds sort of butler-like in being elegant and efficient and capable) and...er, the Butterfly Man. Can't describe him yet, since we've seen essentially nothing of him, though he strikes me as an eccentric, somehow. But they seem like very different types to me, from personality to appearances. I love the variety in the guys, I think it's as good as RF4 that way :) I'm super happy with them. Definitely looking forward to getting to know everybody better.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:Unfortunately if anyone has potential to be a secret candidate, it's Livia. Seems plot tied and screams
Spoiler:
secretly a dragon based on her eyes and would be parallel to Venti's human form
Honesty, I'm super disappointed how young Fuka looks in her portrait. Like her official art and all that didn't look nearly that young and not to mention the anatomy is just...off. She didn't need to be as big as murakumo or anything, but I wish she wasn't so young looking. I thought Lucy was a good "young but not too young" looking type (same with Cecil).

But in the end, appearances don't really matter cause you can have a great/likable character of a candidate despite not caring for their appearance, or alternatively, their personality can ruin an otherwise fine design (Pia and Lily for me personally, were frankly, disappointing).

Overall the girls are def cute, but way too safe/same-y and not much diversity really. Murakumo may not be that much older compared to like Reinhard or Martin, but the man is MASSIVE build/height wise and obv werespecies appeal. Lucas certainly is at least late 20s, early 30s altho his appearance is kind of all over the place in terms of trying to gauge his age.

I'd give an arm for a candidate like his sister or Lucy's mom. Technically, Priscilla's sister actually has a nice portrait but her model is a disaster and otherwise she's not much my type ~personally~.
You nailed how I feel overall. Like my issue isn't Hina or Lucy / Julian's moms being unmarriagable but like you said, the fact they seem to be playing it safe with the bachelorettes. Fuka didn't look too young in her Iwasaki art or the anime cutscenes but the proportions with her portrait are an insane turn off. Like if she had just had a portrait akin to Lucy or Priscilla's it wouldn't have been as noticable.

Even someone like Priscilla's sis would have worked as a candidate bc we've had Alicia and Lily in past games.

I'm still holding out for DLC or the small chance outrage on the candidates will actually get to Hakama's PR bc when people get mad on the internet in 2020, it actually makes a difference.

I'm content with the candidates we have but I just wish they took it a step further with the bachelorettes, even if just a little.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote: Honesty, I'm super disappointed how young Fuka looks in her portrait. Like her official art and all that didn't look nearly that young and not to mention the anatomy is just...off. She didn't need to be as big as murakumo or anything, but I wish she wasn't so young looking.
I personally don't see Fuka's portrait making her look young. I think it makes her look small, but that makes a lot of sense to me. Based on her looks, she's associated with Chipsqueak monsters, which have always looked rather small to me. I'm pretty sure the artist's goal was to make her look innocent as well, which usually involves making the character look young and cute as well. So maybe that also has something to do with it.
Kikki wrote:I feel like the guys have the better variety in RF5, compared to the girls. We've got a stalwart and forthright knight type, a quiet, socially-awkward blacksmith (who secretly names his tools like they are pets or friends), a cute young detective type who seems on the perky side, a jovial, manly were-man, a stately older man (who looks and sounds sort of butler-like in being elegant and efficient and capable) and...er, the Butterfly Man. Can't describe him yet, since we've seen essentially nothing of him, though he strikes me as an eccentric, somehow. But they seem like very different types to me, from personality to appearances. I love the variety in the guys, I think it's as good as RF4 that way :) I'm super happy with them. Definitely looking forward to getting to know everybody better.
Butterfly Man feels sort of like a trickster to me, rather cheeky. I don't know why, but he reminds me a bit of Leon so maybe I'm projecting a bit. I would also like to add that every time I see someone call Murakumo 'manly', I get flashbacks to Kirishima Eijirou from My Hero Academia. ...I am honestly unsure if Murakumo acting like Kirishima would be a good thing or a bad thing, but it's fun to imagine at least!
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

And we have the full unveils for silver haired gal and butterfly man.
Beatrice voiced by Tomoyo Kurosawa.
Ryuka voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka.
nongo
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

These last two candidates are definitely top tier. Their designs are beautiful. Their characters don’t seem to be connected though.

Beatrice gives me human venti and a little bit of Mist vibes. I am still convinced she is a De Saint Coquille. They just won’t reveal it yet.

Can someone translate what they are saying in the video?
Katze
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Translations!

Bachelor - Ryuka
The apprentice carpenter, Ryuka, is a mysterious young man with two different sides to him. He’s quite absent-minded during the day, but it seems as though at night he’ll show you his cool side.
Voice line: “It’s beginning...a deep, everlasting darkness.”

Bachelorette - Beatrice
A lovely young lady from the kingdom, Beatrice. Although at times she seems almost otherwordly, she possesses a strong sense of responsibility as well as multiple talents.
Voice line: “When that time comes, will you...be my knight?”
nongo
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Katze wrote:Translations!

Bachelor - Ryuka
The apprentice carpenter, Ryuka, is a mysterious young man with two different sides to him. He’s quite absent-minded during the day, but it seems as though at night he’ll show you his cool side.
Voice line: “It’s beginning...a deep, everlasting darkness.”

Bachelorette - Beatrice
A lovely young lady from the kingdom, Beatrice. Although at times she seems almost otherwordly, she possesses a strong sense of responsibility as well as multiple talents.
Voice line: “When that time comes, will you...be my knight?”
Thank you!

Okay, disregard what I just said. Beatrice is most definitely a princess from another kingdom. She’s similar to Arthur.

Im really surprised Ryuka is an apprentice carpenter. He gave me Animal Parade Wizard vibes so I assumed he’d be a dark wizard of some sort.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A carpenter? Are they pulling my leg? I have never seen a character who looks less like he's in any kind of physical-labour job in my life. (Carpentry is also a skill, I know, but at the same time, it's physical.) He does appear to have a fairly muscular arm through the gap in the sleeve, but even so, I'd guessed him as a wizard or other magician, or possibly an artist of the flaky type, or maybe a botanist or ornithologist or entymologist or slightly mad scientist.

I'm completely taken aback that he's a carpenter. He shows you a different side at night, huh? Is he a vampire? (Be pretty crazy for a vampire to work with wood, though. Might as well work in a church or a garlic farm.) Or is he the male version of Ludmilla...an incubus? Or maybe he just likes cooler weather, lol. I'm baffled. Carpenter could not suit him less. Why would a carpenter wear a cloak with butterflies stuck all over it? The incongruity of this is pretty interesting...

I hope they quickly add them to the official site. I need to see more. Why is he wearing those thick chains around his body? That kind of thing usually indicates some kind of limiter a person is imposing upon themselves. All the other reveals made me feel like I know the candidate a little better, but this one makes me feel like I know even less about him than I thought, lol.

His voice line is very dramatic, too. A deep, everlasting darkness? Is that something he says every night, or is it in reference to something specific? Man, I'm...now he's a bigger mystery than ever.