Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 22, 2021 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 993 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 67  Next
MaiIsMe
Post Posted: Jan 26, 2021 12:17 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pC4vVs ... =emb_title

XxWizardxMollyxX14
Post Posted: Jan 26, 2021 2:45 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Oh hey, randolph(?) and a completely new character, neat! I hope she's the village granny type--never gets old for me.

Kikki
Post Posted: Jan 26, 2021 4:11 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Aww...the auto translator first described this elderly pair as 'good friends', and I got all excited, thinking they were a life-long platonic pair. But they're actually married, aren't they? :( I'm not opposed to cute, loving elderly married couples, not at all, but a man and a woman being best-buds their whole lives even though they are NOT married would have been far more unique, and more relevant to me on a personal level.

Bluie
Post Posted: Jan 28, 2021 7:40 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Both the old people and the kids are adorable in this game. I am weak.

Kikki
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2021 3:26 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

About the detective, Terry?

Somerandom
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2021 6:35 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Kikki wrote:
Aww...the auto translator first described this elderly pair as 'good friends', and I got all excited, thinking they were a life-long platonic pair. But they're actually married, aren't they? :( I'm not opposed to cute, loving elderly married couples, not at all, but a man and a woman being best-buds their whole lives even though they are NOT married would have been far more unique, and more relevant to me on a personal level.

You’re right, that would be quite unique if they were. I do think a lot of games focus more on romantic pairings (kind of hypocritical of me since this is Rune Factory/HM/SoS, where romance is one of the main features) and completely ignore platonic relationships. I think they are quite beautiful and would like to see more of them in the future. I don’t hate married couples at all, I am just saying that there are very few purely platonic relationships in games.

XxWizardxMollyxX14
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2021 9:36 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Somerandom wrote:
Kikki wrote:

You’re right, that would be quite unique if they were. I do think a lot of games focus more on romantic pairings (kind of hypocritical of me since this is Rune Factory/HM/SoS, where romance is one of the main features) and completely ignore platonic relationships. I think they are quite beautiful and would like to see more of them in the future. I don’t hate married couples at all, I am just saying that there are very few purely platonic relationships in games.

Thirding this. I've known a few irl bff's who lived with each other their whole lives instead of getting married and I absolutely loved them. Maybe it's not connected, but they were always the loveliest people and I would adore seeing more platonic bff's in games like RF and SoS. Give me some old friends who are actually just roommates.

...Man, this topic reminds me of how much I miss my old co-workers Mary and Ruby.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2021 9:40 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I wonder how much the translation could affect some of the platonic relationships in the game? (I wouldn't say it gave them priority but I do feel like Trio put some effort toward emphasizing solid platonic relationships. Maybe a benefit of having so many events...)

If we could ever get a game that emphasized them mechanically, that would be cool.

--
It is AMAZING to me how different an impression characters can give between their portraits and models. I like Terry's model MUCH better than his portrait. So far I'd say the washed out portrait colors look the worst on him... (Tbf the model looks like a character in a comic I read, which gives him bonus points. :lol:)

Kikki
Post Posted: Jan 30, 2021 4:22 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I still wish for that thing I expressed in...oh, some other thread I can't remember now. I want these games that let you get married/have a family to allow us to choose the person we love most, and then just let us decide what to call it/them. This is my husband/wife. My soulmate. My partner. My best friend. I live with them because they are my favourite person in the world, and whatever else there is or isn't between us is our business.

I have no hope of that, though. Ha ha! I feel like Anne Shirley, lol, except that romanticism doesn't comfort me, so I don't feel compelled to call the body of my disappointments a perfect graveyard.

Well, it's fine. They're a cute couple anyway. It's nice that they aren't wandering around alone, like Bokumono often does with elderly villagers. I know that happens in later life. Eventually all people die, and in a couple, one is almost always going to go first, leaving the other one behind for a while. Coordinated deaths are pretty rare. But it always makes me feel a bit melancholy to see that a huge part of their life has already ended and it feels like they're just walking on quietly, a bit outside of a world that is leaving them behind, until they're finished, too. Makes me wonder what the world feels like to my grandmother these days (my grandpa died a few years ago, and to this day I don't know how much they liked each other...it wasn't something that was spoken of, let alone displayed.)

Er, so yeah. It's nice to see that they each still have their loved one beside them :)

~

Portraits and models are definitely very different in this game. Lucas would be a prime example. He looks like a drying-up old fella in his portrait, but his model is flawlessly gorgeous, with nearly BLACK hair and very sharp eyes and eyebrows that aren't in evidence at all in his portrait. At first I didn't actually recognize the black-haired model as being Lucas at all, lol, even though his portrait was the one on the screen.

Makes me wonder if the challenges of making a good portrait and making a good model are just that different. Reminds me of how they often make character models dark-skinned even when the portraits are all milky (Ludus, for example, whose model is deep brown. Sanjay's portrait was kept quite brown, but his model was notably more so, too.) I sometimes wonder if the model-makers and the portrait-makers are entirely different groups of people with little to no contact with each other...though that seems unlikely.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Jan 30, 2021 8:34 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I would imagine that being able to truly pick what you call your spouse/partner in game is coming sooner than we think. People getting opportunities to announce pronouns is becoming a lot more mainstream, so that sort of thing is only a matter of time. There is a bit of lag in general understanding of ace relationships, though. We're slowly rewiring ourselves (as a society) but it does take time. :/

I would actually bet that the 3D artists and 2D ones actually don't come into contact with one another. In my experience it's pretty rare for a 3D artist to be good at drawing - and fortunate or unfortunate I'd bet they're both working off of the same source material. I'm guessing Marvelous has people or agencies they can outsource portrait drawing to. Maybe people in the animation industry...since they're used to imitating other styles.

That is the funny thing about it, I like the models in RF5 better than the ones in PoOT, but...once we get used to the PoOT models that's it, that's the character's impression. Portraits are very...luck of the draw (so to speak).

Soomi
Post Posted: Jan 30, 2021 9:01 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Terry why you're not a marriage candidate? :') it doesn't bother me sm tho just if we gonna get older marriage candidates characters like Terry is what i had in mind. Remember back then when we thought Lucas just seems too old and somewhat boring etc (i could be wrong tho and saying this in a wrong website) but now after seeing his character potrait he doesn't seem so bad. Im okay with older looking but not when they look old enough to be ur uncle but ofc everyone is different and im glad some of u whos waiting for older marriage candidate finally gets it.

Anyways Cecil looks cute there next to Terry but whats wrong with the way he stands? Its cute but like why LMAO. Not just in this video but also in other promotional pics when he introduced himself to Alice. Not that i have a problem with it but its so distracting that my attention only on him instead of terry. Hes definitely gonna be in my main save file next with luca/lyka. Cecil and Lyka waiting for Alice to (reverse)propose.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 02, 2021 4:02 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I didn't understand the translation of this at all, so I don't know what it's trying to say, but it's about that little girl and Seed, right? I can't remember any names. I can't even remember most of the candidate names at this point.

XxWizardxMollyxX14
Post Posted: Feb 03, 2021 11:00 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

A new RF5 comic came out, just in case anyone doesn't know yet. Here is a link to a reddit post that has it translated in the comments.

I love the way Lucy is drawn in this comic, super cute.

In the last RF4 comic they made two of the candidates 'canon' LI (Dylas and Dolce) for the protags, I wonder if they'll do that again and with who.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 05, 2021 1:52 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

A little clip of Gandage. Whose name I don't like, btw, as it sounds like they put together Gandalf and Bandage. Need some magical healing? Stick a gandage on it! I don't know what he's saying here, but I can listen to him speak, at least :)

Daisuke Tsubasa
Post Posted: Feb 05, 2021 4:10 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

From what I can get via the audio.

"We're glad that Seed can count on you. That includes you Scarlet, I'm thankful. From here on out, please lend us your power/aid in the name of Seed's Justice."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 993 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 67  Next