Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

   * Search  * Register
It is currently Jul 23, 2021 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 988 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
Author Message
Kikki
Post Posted: Jun 14, 2021 2:24 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 3866

Offline
I'm glad we won't have 2 Lucas(es) in the game, at least...even if his name has to be Ryker. I guess I don't hate it.

RF5 has received another update today. Patch notes.

It may be a poor translation but...'uncultivated trout' could appear in your farming field??
 
Reply with quote  
Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Jun 14, 2021 10:03 am 
Anonymous Fish

Kikki wrote:
I'm glad we won't have 2 Lucas(es) in the game, at least...even if his name has to be Ryker. I guess I don't hate it.

RF5 has received another update today. Patch notes.

It may be a poor translation but...'uncultivated trout' could appear in your farming field??
Here's a link to someone's translation of the patch notes (they've translated past patches as well): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAkRVqeh0HDmcj11IkvMfHw/community?lb=UgwRKGACTx3jBwhsr7h4AaABCQ
 
Reply with quote  
Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Jun 14, 2021 2:51 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Does anyone know of anywhere I could read/see translated events?
 
Reply with quote  
Simply Unknown
Post Posted: Jun 14, 2021 3:10 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

User avatar
Posts: 56

Offline
Kikki wrote:
I'm glad we won't have 2 Lucas(es) in the game, at least...even if his name has to be Ryker. I guess I don't hate it.

Well, that will make romancing him interesting. I hear Ryker and I think Star Trek, and I don't think this one can pull off the beard quite as well.
 
Reply with quote  
Kikki
Post Posted: Jun 14, 2021 3:38 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 3866

Offline
I do too, lol. When you say 'beard' on RF5's Ryker, I picture that scene from Saiunkoku Monogatari where Shuurei is trying to imagine beautiful, well-kept, silver-haired Seiran with a beard, and in her imagination, a single curl sprouts out of his chin. :) I imagine that's the same sort of beard that Ryker would grow, too. TNG's Riker looked great with a beard. I don't like beards, but he's one of the few men I've seen that I actually think is better suited to having one than not. Ryker...not so much.

Thanks for the translation, Fishie :) I really wondered if there could legitimately be some glitch that makes trout grow on your farm! (And now I'm wondering if the plural of 'trout' is still just 'trout', or if it's 'trouts'. The former, I think. Well, google will help me out with that.)
 
Reply with quote  
sticterl
Post Posted: Jun 15, 2021 7:42 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Posts: 4

Offline
I'm starting to wonder if they changed the success rate of confessing or if it's pre determined at a certain time. i have all conditions met and even tried the new heart level trick from 4. no dice. is anyone else having problems?

Edit: i figured it out. you can't have a sub event going for some reason
 
Reply with quote  
Kikki
Post Posted: Jun 19, 2021 1:02 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 3866

Offline
Xseed did a localization blog on RF5.
 
Reply with quote  
Shan O 123
Post Posted: Jun 19, 2021 2:46 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 7670

Offline
Here’s the YouTube link. https://youtu.be/5fHnucS--6E

It showed up on my feed.
 
Reply with quote  
LeBurns
Post Posted: Jun 21, 2021 10:32 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1213

Offline
Anonymous Fish wrote:
Kikki wrote:
I'm glad we won't have 2 Lucas(es) in the game, at least...even if his name has to be Ryker. I guess I don't hate it.

RF5 has received another update today. Patch notes.

It may be a poor translation but...'uncultivated trout' could appear in your farming field??
Here's a link to someone's translation of the patch notes (they've translated past patches as well): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAkRVqeh0HDmcj11IkvMfHw/community?lb=UgwRKGACTx3jBwhsr7h4AaABCQ


Well I do assume that the NA release will have these bugs fixed at launch, so that does make waiting a little more tolerable. Maybe by then they'll have the Switch 2 (or whatever it will be called) and I can play the game on that.
 
Reply with quote  
Kikki
Post Posted: Jun 21, 2021 10:41 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 3866

Offline
LeBurns wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:
Kikki wrote:
I'm glad we won't have 2 Lucas(es) in the game, at least...even if his name has to be Ryker. I guess I don't hate it.

RF5 has received another update today. Patch notes.

It may be a poor translation but...'uncultivated trout' could appear in your farming field??
Here's a link to someone's translation of the patch notes (they've translated past patches as well): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAkRVqeh0HDmcj11IkvMfHw/community?lb=UgwRKGACTx3jBwhsr7h4AaABCQ


Well I do assume that the NA release will have these bugs fixed at launch, so that does make waiting a little more tolerable. Maybe by then they'll have the Switch 2 (or whatever it will be called) and I can play the game on that.


When there is a Switch 2, there is likely to be a huge shortage, and the majority won't be able to get their hands on one anyway. As bad as it is with the PS5 (which they don't forsee becoming any more available in 2021 at all), or maybe even worse, if the chip shortage hasn't improved any. Plus scalpers have become a terrible issue, snatching up EVERYTHING with bots or whatever, that don't allow normal people to get a real chance at nabbing one of the tiny handful of consoles available.

Basically, I won't be waiting on a Switch Pro (whatever) for any reason, as I'm never lucky in these matters (I never, EVER luck into finding a hard-to-get item at the right time) so it could be a very long wait. Which...nah. My Switch is in perfect working order, so I don't have a reason to urgently want a new one.
 
Reply with quote  
LeBurns
Post Posted: Jun 22, 2021 7:11 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1213

Offline
Kikki wrote:
When there is a Switch 2, there is likely to be a huge shortage, and the majority won't be able to get their hands on one anyway. As bad as it is with the PS5 (which they don't forsee becoming any more available in 2021 at all), or maybe even worse, if the chip shortage hasn't improved any. Plus scalpers have become a terrible issue, snatching up EVERYTHING with bots or whatever, that don't allow normal people to get a real chance at nabbing one of the tiny handful of consoles available.

Basically, I won't be waiting on a Switch Pro (whatever) for any reason, as I'm never lucky in these matters (I never, EVER luck into finding a hard-to-get item at the right time) so it could be a very long wait. Which...nah. My Switch is in perfect working order, so I don't have a reason to urgently want a new one.


My issue is I have a switch lite, which I got because I have no intent to ever play on the TV. However I've found that the font size in some of the games assume you're on a larger screen and I can not read them on the Switch Lite screen without wearing reading glasses. So I figured if I'm going to have to buy a new Switch anyway I might as well wait on the new one. Luckily I'm in no hurry, but you're right getting my hands on one will take a lot of time.
 
Reply with quote  
LeBurns
Post Posted: Jul 05, 2021 3:13 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1213

Offline
Very nice review of the game comparing it to prior RF games and other farm sims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_gjjm1otNY
 
Reply with quote  
Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Jul 06, 2021 6:57 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1863

Offline
Tanks for sharing that LeBurns.

The game looks really good and fun! I agree that some of the areas look barren and the distant mountains really should’ve been worked on but overall I’m super hyped. It’s cool how you can feed your dragon different crystals but I wonder if that’s all it’s good for :/ it’s an interesting new feature but I want to befriend my dragon and talk to it like with Venti lol.
Also disappointed that even the hard mode is ‘easy’. If my games are too easy, I loose interest fast but hopefully it depends on the player/how you play or they fix that before western release.
Super looking forward to 2021 :lol:
 
Reply with quote  
Kikki
Post Posted: Jul 06, 2021 7:06 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 3866

Offline
This isn't related to RF5, precisely, unless there are people who will be wanting to buy the new system before getting RF5, which was brought up, once, so...

LeBurns, the new Switch has been announced for release on October 8th. It has a somewhat bigger screen (7 inch instead of 6.2) and the dock has a LAN port for more/better internet options if you're into multiplayer. Other than that, it's pretty much the same old Switch. Same battery life, same overall operating power, as far as I can tell. No real improvements to the system's power...no enhancement that makes it worthwhile for those who prefer to play docked unless you have trouble with your WIFI when using multiplayer or online features.

At least, that appears to be the gist of it to me so far. I'd definitely buy this if I didn't already have a Switch, but it's doesn't have any improvements that are important to me as someone who plays entirely in docked mode. (If I played a lot in handheld, that extra smidge of screen size would be tempting.)

EDIT: Announcement Tweet:

Spoiler:
 
Reply with quote  
LeBurns
Post Posted: Jul 06, 2021 9:00 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1213

Offline
Kikki wrote:
This isn't related to RF5, precisely, unless there are people who will be wanting to buy the new system before getting RF5, which was brought up, once, so...

LeBurns, the new Switch has been announced for release on October 8th. It has a somewhat bigger screen (7 inch instead of 6.2) and the dock has a LAN port for more/better internet options if you're into multiplayer. Other than that, it's pretty much the same old Switch. Same battery life, same overall operating power, as far as I can tell. No real improvements to the system's power...no enhancement that makes it worthwhile for those who prefer to play docked unless you have trouble with your WIFI when using multiplayer or online features.

At least, that appears to be the gist of it to me so far. I'd definitely buy this if I didn't already have a Switch, but it's doesn't have any improvements that are important to me as someone who plays entirely in docked mode. (If I played a lot in handheld, that extra smidge of screen size would be tempting.)

EDIT: Announcement Tweet:

Spoiler:


I missed that THANKS. I actually would only play undocked since what I really want is a handheld with a bigger screen than the Switch Lite. My poor old eyes just can't take the tiny written dialog on the small screen. My daughter already has hers docked up to the big Smart TV in the living room. Hmm ... wonder if I could just use her dock if I wanted so I wouldn't have to plug in another dock, if I wanted to play on the big screen sometime?
 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 988 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next


All times are UTC - 8 hours


 

Search this topic:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group