Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

For me, the more story I can get, the better. The story in RF4 was pretty rudimentary, in my view...I'd love more depth. Though that's not really a Rune Factory trait. All the length was in gameplay time rather than in actually being a deep story...grinding up enough skill to make the gear you need and so on. To find out that RF5 is notably less in-depth than RF4 was definitely anticipation-lowering for me.

Hanging my hopes on the characters and their scenes/events, for this one. I get why they've basically made it a clone of 4, as it's a big comeback game with an at least partially new team, but I hope they'll be a little more ambitious/creative with RF6.

Pretty sure I'll enjoy it even if I'm not hyped, and I think I may gain some hype when the release is imminent. Maybe by the time March rolls in? I should probably look into the characters again, since they've been the most interesting part to me so far.

Next Day EDIT: Digital pre-orders are now live, including a digital deluxe version. Apparently? But not where I live, they aren't. Maybe after noon, here in my time zone?
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^I agree with everything you said.
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I have to admit, I'm wanting to play RF5 on my switch lite right now. It's tough to wait patiently for March to be here.

The one that I want to marry in-game is Murakumo the innkeeper wolfguy. I want to know his loves, his likes, his dislikes, and his hates. And what lunches he will give out, and what his weapon of choice is. And it's cool that he comes with a sister and a niece, to be my in-laws. He shares the same birthday as mine.

Is there anyone that is similar to Porcoline in this game?

I'm wondering if there is any planned DLC.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Well the review here indicated that the MQ is shorter, but that also the relationships were fleshed out more and more interesting. So for me that's sounds better. (I didn't hear any real spoilers, but if you want to go in completely blind I suppose you should leave the review alone).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWFkj772kBU

The same person did another vid on what you can do after the MQ and it sounds like some more dungeons are unlocked giving you more to do. Plus of course marriage, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYitxke2tik
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

How much time has passed between RF4 and RF5?
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I don't think it's directly stated. From what I can tell, a few decades have passed. I'm guessing about 40-60 years or something. Probably no more than a century. I might be wrong, however.
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Does anyone know the price for the NA digital deluxe edition? I know the standard digital version on the NA Nintendo eShop is $59.90.

Also when can we pre-order it on the e-Shop? :? :? :?
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

So, I don't think I'm going to be able to buy both Rune Factory 5 and Kirby and the Forgotten Land since Rune Factory comes out on March 22nd (US) and Kirby comes out March 25th.

My question is concerning the Earthmate limited edition on XSeed Games' store. I want to get the physical Earthmate limited edition with the Wooly Keychain which comes out to $85 US (not including tax, but free shipping).

Does anyone know how long this special edition (with or without the wooly keychain) will be available to order off of Xseed Games' website? I want to make sure I get the special edition.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Harvest Moon kawaii wrote:Does anyone know how long this special edition (with or without the wooly keychain) will be available to order off of Xseed Games' website? I want to make sure I get the special edition.
This might be hard to predict. I don't think they restocked RF4S, so I think it'll be gone once it sells out. IIRC, the RF4S SE was available for at least a few months after release, maybe a bit longer. The PoOT SE is still available. But game speculation is wild. RF5 is probably not popular or desirable enough to sell out immediately, but you can usually get SEs for similar prices for a while after they sell out on eBay, etc.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

My hype level for RF5 is a bit low too. Tho, to be fair, with the state of the world right now, my hype level for everything is a bit low.

I've watched a bit of gameplay and the art style isn't my favourite. The way they walk is really off to me. I am very story driven. I know I'll get the game but I still feel burnt from PoOT and One World. Both had some enjoyment but were so far from what I had hoped for. I've been replaying RF4 on my N2DS (didn't get it for the Switch as it's exactly the same) and I've really liked RF 1-4.

As I said: I know I'm getting RF5. My expectations for it are just more tempered than usual.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, the state of the world is sapping some of the fun out of everything. Making life generally all mucky and muddy and drab. But for me, at least, I don't think it's what's responsible for my lack of hype or RF5. It may take a tiny bit of hype out, but not much. I know if Nintendo dropped a sudden Direct that announced that BotW 2 is releasing in June (random example) I would freak out and be VERY hyped and be throwing a tantrum because I can't have it N-O-W. It's all the other reasons I think I mentioned previously, for me. (Graphics not great, Japanese release not creating much excitement, shorter story, too many gameplay features reused from RF4.)

The characters and events are probably worth playing for on their own. I know I'll enjoy it, because it's clearly built on RF4s formula. But it's not hype-able, for me. I do hope to start feeling anticipation once the date gets really close, though. There's not enough hype to get worked up on more than a month and a half in advance, but I think I'll probably start to get twitchy for it in the week prior to release. I hope so. The anticipation for a game you really, reeeeeeeeally want is good stuff and I'd like to feel that again.

Maybe we can do something to build our hype up? I don't feel the need to yet...too soon...but come March I may comb the forum to see if there was a thread on RF5 after Japanese release, with stuff they loved about it written in there.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I'm playing the heck out of Legend of Arceus and really enjoying it, but I'm not a Pokemon fanatic and don't need to catch 'em all. I will be all played out by the time Kirby comes out and will most likely trade it in for Kirby.

I always buy RF, SoS etc digitally, but may go hard copy this time. And yeah: I'd be doing a happy dance with news of BotW2. I think the earliest we can hope for is the end of the year or early 2023. Please prove me wrong, Nintendo!

I think the idea of trying to stir up some hype is good, Kikki. Part of my hype with games is when the energy from Fogu goes up.
I miss the community when games are released and the energy naturally goes down.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I miss Fogu enthusiasm, too. I know this is a very old forum and people have just drifted away or become lapsed players within the fandom, but still...it was really fun when the excitement got going. The lead-up to Trio was so good! It was very busy for a fair while after release too, while we all played.

Anyway, if nobody else does it, come March 1, I will make an RF5 Hype Train thread, purely for the purpose of feeding (or creating, if we're really lacking even a natural seed of it) our excitement for the release. Criticism, doubts or general negativity are entirely allowed anywhere else, of course, but not in that one thread, because it'd ruin the point of it...which is, of course, to feed or create hype. We'll ask people who have already played to tell us what they loved most about the game, what people who haven't played are most looking forward to, their favourite screenshots or fan art, if applicable...stuff like that.

EDIT: Just to be clear; I'm not laying claim to a thread like that. If anyone else wants to make it, by all means, do! But if no one else has (or has at least stated their intention to do so) by March 1, then I will.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

K8sMum wrote:SNIP

I've been replaying RF4 on my N2DS (didn't get it for the Switch as it's exactly the same) and I've really liked RF 1-4.
Just wanted to note the post marriage story parts they added are very good, but you can view all of those on YouTube now I believe. One of the best parts of the new sub-stories IMO is the added animation to the character sprites. I REALLY wished they would have done that for the whole game. Loved them.
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I've been really trying to get into RF5, but, after my initial hype for it died down, I've been struggling to get it back up again. To be clear, I am the kind of person who grows my hype via spoilers. When I don't have them, I tend to lose interest. I'm kind of frustrated over my lack of hype with RF5.

That's not to say that I haven't found any spoilers.
Spoiler:
General consensus is that RF5's story is about 2/3 the length of RF4's story with fewer extras in RF5 than in RF4, and, from what I know of RF5's plot, it's just not that engaging to me. Other big issues include RF4 being more stable/less glitchy than RF5. I know RF5 is still being patched, but still. A glitchy launch always leaves a bad taste in my metaphorical mouth. I like the design of most of the characters, but I've struggled to find anything else. (Plus, plenty of games have pleasant designs. I need more than that to get hyped.) I can't seem to find the cool details that I liked from RF4. I've also found how the character's likes/dislikes being hard to find alarming so late after the Japanese launch. That kind of stuff usually get spoiled right away so people can start preparing for the love interests.
I am really, really hoping it's just a case of a lot of stuff being locked behind a language I don't speak, but, usually, for games that are loved, a lot of stuff get spoiled, especially when one looks for spoilers. Legend of Arceus is perfect example. A lot of stuff about that game got spoiled before release and a lot more got spoiled after release, and now I'm interested in getting it where before I had 0 interest in getting another Pokemon game after not enjoying that Pokemon Sword/Shield and the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl remakes. I hope something like that happens with RF5 (for me - I don't try to surprize people with spoilers!).

I do still intend to get the game, but I don't think that I will get it at launch.