Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I'm about ready to quit. I've got Reinhard up to 10. He says nice things. But when I tell him I love him I get the "Is this where I'm supposed to laugh as I don't understand this sort of joke." From what I can see online I've met the prerequisites. I know others have had problems triggering confessions but it feels ridiculous.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

K8sMum wrote:I'm about ready to quit. I've got Reinhard up to 10. He says nice things. But when I tell him I love him I get the "Is this where I'm supposed to laugh as I don't understand this sort of joke." From what I can see online I've met the prerequisites. I know others have had problems triggering confessions but it feels ridiculous.
1.) Get him to 11 hearts
2.) Save game
3.) Confess. If rejected, load saved file and do it again and keep doing that.

Once they've rejected a confession they will keep rejecting any further confessions until you've hit the next LP/FP level. Only once you level up do you have a chance again.

Also make sure you've seen all of his friendship events/any other prior requirements. After that itas just RNG and you have to save & reload until you get it.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Speaking of glitches involving Hina, anybody else randomly get requests from her after talking to her despite not seeing the dialogue of her asking you for a favor or the prompt to accept the request or not? It's happened to me twice so far, a request to bring her a flower seed just pops up like I accepted it.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I just had the game freeze on me for the first time. During Cloud helm. I've got the game physical and don't use sleep mode. There was a lot of lag due to the number of enemies. Frustrating, but after all the work I had to do to land Reinhard it's not so bad, I guess.

Be careful to not use sleep mode, tho. From looking online it can cause problems.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Speaking of glitches involving Hina, anybody else randomly get requests from her after talking to her despite not seeing the dialogue of her asking you for a favor or the prompt to accept the request or not? It's happened to me twice so far, a request to bring her a flower seed just pops up like I accepted it.
If that happened to me, I probably didn't notice. I multi-task all the time haha
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

My game froze yesterday when I tried to make a directive with Eliza. I had saved the night before and thankfully nothing really happened up until that point so it wasn’t as bad as it could have been. I’m pretty sure it was a game issue and not a console issue as I could get to the switch menu just fine.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

So I got Scarlett's final event done then Simone was stuck in the Silo even during the Harvest festival but i could still give her my crop. It was just me and Simone in the dark with the Silo's interior in the background and after it ended Ares fell through the map but when I warped it fixed everything. I was laughing so hard
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I've honestly not found any glitches at all in this game. I've played it pretty much non-stop the last couple of days, and beat story mode. I did think that maybe Reinhard was glitched at first, because he wouldn't accept my confession. Turns out that it is because of active events. Once I rushed through everyone's side early romance stories, and got them off the map, he accepted my confession at 8 friendship points. We got married at 10 points. When you confess, it turns out that it kicks in as a side story event first date for the next day, and you need that free to get the confession event. When it says something like "Let's see what's going on in town" in the Side Stories box in the Events tab, and the bachelor/bachelorette is over 8 points, they should accept.

I didn't much care for RF4 at all, I think I just stopped playing before I got that far in the story. I felt nothing for any of the characters, and didn't like anyone of the bachelors, so I was playing as a boy because there was 1 bachelorette that I kinda liked. I've played Rune Factory 1 and 3 a lot. As much as I wanted it, I was never able to get hold of a copy. RF5, I love this game so much. Even after beating storymode, there is still so much I want to do in game. For me, this is the best RF game. I honestly thought nothing could beat RF3.

I got a question for everyone... which boss do you think is the most difficult to beat?
For me, it was that sheep boss in the floating fortress. I could not figure out how to beat that at all, and spent a while gaining a couple of levels. But, I took Reinhard with me and we managed to just barely beat it. Even the final boss wasn't as difficult.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

In my opinion, the bosses I had to solo or fight with monsters were much harder than when I had my awesome team with me. (Reinhard, Martin, and Ludmilla) My hardest one, that infuriated me the most was the almost final boss
Spoiler:
you know who
because I had to solo it. The final final boss
Spoiler:
evil alien fish thing
was much easier in comparison and magic really helped in both cases.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ah yes, those two. I actually did have a follower. I accidentally "captured" one of the monsters on the way to those two. It was one of those red wolves. It really helped me out. I kinda felt bad sending it back to the forest of beginnings afterwards. :lol:
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

K8sMum wrote: May 01, 2022 3:06 pm I'm about ready to quit. I've got Reinhard up to 10. He says nice things. But when I tell him I love him I get the "Is this where I'm supposed to laugh as I don't understand this sort of joke." From what I can see online I've met the prerequisites. I know others have had problems triggering confessions but it feels ridiculous.
It's not working if you have an ongoing Event with another Charakter. Finish the Events, then confess again
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I fina!ly figured out all the little quirks. Once you do that, it's pretty smooth. Now have 3 files with marriages, heheh.