Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

AnonDude wrote:
XxWizardxMollyxX14 wrote: On the other hand, the first question of the compatibility test isn't asking what gender YOU are, but what gender marriage candidate you're pursuing! Hmmmmmmm~...
A compatibility test? I’m a little slow so I might have missed it, is it on the official website?
Link here. It's in Japanese, though.
Soomi
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Can anyone translated the compatibility test? I can't read japanese but i want to do that test and see who i got :')
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Soomi wrote:Can anyone translated the compatibility test? I can't read japanese but i want to do that test and see who i got :')
Someone translated it on reddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/runefactory/co ... _official/
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Using that translation, I got Reinhart in the quiz...with a picture of Arthur under that. There was one question in particular I felt I could answer either way, so I did it twice...but I got the same result(s) both times.

I don't consider Arthur to be my type, though he did charm me irresistibly into choosing him for my first play of RF4. Wonder if that means I really will like Reinhart best. Right now I'm quite into Martin and Ryuka (gonna call him that until we get an official translation for his name...Gematsu went with 'Lucas' and we already have a Lucas, so...yeah, gonna wait on that one.) and even Murakumo, probably more than Reinhart...though I like him, too. I don't have any interest in the pink-haired one so far (can't remember his name) or very much in Lucas, either, but the other 4 are all really appealing choices, and those 2 are not so far off my radar that really fun dialogue or events couldn't change my mind. In other words, anyone is fair game, at this point.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, I got Lucas and Leon based on that quiz. It is interesting. Not sure I'd fall for Lucas, but everyone is a go until after I see their events.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

In case anyone else is curious, I took the quiz enough times to get all the RF5-RF4 match-ups: Cecil-Vishnal, Ryuka-Kiel, Lucas-Leon, Martin-Doug, Murakumo-Dylas, Reinhardt-Arthur; Beatrice-Margaret, Fuuka-Amber, Lucy-Xiao, Ludmilla-Dolce, Priscilla-Clorica, Scarlet-Forte

The only surprising one out of them for me was Ludmilla-Dolce, but it may have been an odd-one-out sort of thing. Cecil-Kiel would've seemed natural but I'm glad they went with a personality match instead of the obvious.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I find Lucas/Leon to be an odd match up. They don't seem remotely similar to me, so far.

I got Lucas and Leon if I changed BOTH of the only two questions I thought I could honestly answer either way. Lucas isn't my type so far, but I'm not ruling anybody out because this game made an awesome roster of bachelors.

What I find most interesting about the quiz is how they use an RF5 character to represent each trait question. Going by that, I assume that these are traits of the candidates...

Ryuka makes a fuss over everything (is a perfectionist, maybe?)
Lucas enjoys talking to people
Scarlett is always on social media (or something like it)
Ludmilla has a lot of friends
Cecil goes hardcore into the things he likes
Murakumo is a sore loser (or maybe very competitive)
Martin is very dexterous
Priscilla likes to give people gifts
Reinhart is a take-charge, leader type (or the type that others want to depend on)
Lucy is a shopaholic or a trend-chaser (or someone who likes brand names or hot new items)
Beatrice has a job/career that she loves

Well, that's what the quiz made me think, anyway.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:In case anyone else is curious, I took the quiz enough times to get all the RF5-RF4 match-ups: Cecil-Vishnal, Ryuka-Kiel, Lucas-Leon, Martin-Doug, Murakumo-Dylas, Reinhardt-Arthur; Beatrice-Margaret, Fuuka-Amber, Lucy-Xiao, Ludmilla-Dolce, Priscilla-Clorica, Scarlet-Forte

The only surprising one out of them for me was Ludmilla-Dolce, but it may have been an odd-one-out sort of thing. Cecil-Kiel would've seemed natural but I'm glad they went with a personality match instead of the obvious.
Hmm, seeing as how I like Dylas, Dolce, and Margaret the most in RF4, it matches with my interests in RF5
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ha ha, it doesn't work for me at all, on the surface at least. :) I find the quiz pairings mostly really weird. In RF5, I'm most interested in Martin and Ryuka, with a side of Reinhart and Murakumo, but I had NO interest in Doug or Kiel in RF4, and I ended up not particularly liking Dylas after I tried marrying him. I did like Arthur pretty well, but not enough that I'll ever play a file with him again...if I ever play RF4 again, it'll be Leon, probably every time. (And I'm not very interested in Lucas in RF5, though he could turn out to be more interesting than he seems so far.)

Maybe their personalities are quite a bit different in-game than they seem so far. I really don't think Ryuka seems very Doug-like, but there must be a fair few similarities, at least as far as the dev team believes!
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm so happy they finally updated the site! I had been checking it daily lol. Reinhardt looks dashing in his wedding attire. Alice looks fabulous. The kids are so cute! Rnnnngh I'm so hyped! Not into Beatrice's in-game and concept art as much as I liked her on the cover. I thought she'd be the taller older looking one for some reason. She's pretty cute, but I think Scarlett is my current fave out of the girls, with Ludmilla as a second. I'm more into the boys this time, especially Reinhardt and Martin the bishonens hee hee. I'm quite intrigued by Cecil and Ryuka too! I love Ryuka's outfit, expression and eyes. He gives me love or hate vibes. Dear dragon gods please let me gay lol. I'll be fine without the option though because I like the girl protag better, but still...

Can't wait to know more about the plot and who the plot relevant characters are! I think Scarlett and Reinhardt will be the close allies, Beatrice will have some sort of hidden power/treasure that we'll need and Ryuka will be secretly a villain, but will have a change of heart. Maybe Fuuka and Murakumo will have similar roles to Kuruna, especially Fuka who's adjusting to human life apparently, she must maintain some connection to the monster world. I'll need to know more about this game's main themes to speculate more, but these are my guesses.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

runefactor wrote:Dear dragon gods please let me « homosexual » lol. I'll be fine without the option though because I like the girl protag better, but still...
That's pretty much my mood. I want it in the game, but I like Alice more than Ares, but I still want it.
Starrynight28
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

The quiz told me I was fated to be with Reinhardt-Arthur (Neutral type) and Lucy-Xiao Pai (Balanced type).

Xiao Pai hits the nail right on the head (I love her!) but not so much with Arthur...I mean, I like him but he was a little milquetoast? I always ended up marrying Doug and then Kiel once! That said, I do think Reinhardt seems like a guddang hunk so I'm open to it.

And I already have the biggest freaking game-crush on Lucy tbh. She's sooooooo cute. I will brave life as Ares to marry her.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I got Ludmilla! And she’s my favorite. Meant to be. I like the kids! Can’t decide between son or daughter now...
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I just noticed the lack of the BTW button in the screenshots... I wonder how confessing your love, asking out on dates and asking people to be party members will play out now. Hopefully it won't be random or anything. Just like I hope the events aren't randomly triggered anymore either...
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

runefactor wrote:I just noticed the lack of the BTW button in the screenshots... I wonder how confessing your love, asking out on dates and asking people to be party members will play out now. Hopefully it won't be random or anything. Just like I hope the events aren't randomly triggered anymore either...

Wait, I think there was? I just saw an L R Button on the dialogues. I guess they just don’t show during cutscenes, I suppose?