Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Rancherita wrote:Did my eyes deceive me while viewing the newest Nintendo Direct at the 28:15-ish mark, or was there what looks like an Alice and Beatrice wedding ceremony?!?!

Is RF5 going the SoS way?!?

Have I missed previous announcements or is this new information?

Edit: lol just saw the new thread. Can I say that I was so blown away seeing two brides together :bunny: , my brain completely failed to register that we now have a tentative release date (March 22, 2022) :lol:
Yup! SSM in RF5 is confirmed!
BlueOceana
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Best by has pre orders available. here is the link. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rune-facto ... Id=6484789
Rancherita
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Canadian preorders now live on EB Games/Gamestop Canada!

Regular edition: https://www.gamestop.ca/Switch/Games/88 ... -factory-5

(Special) Earthmate limited edition: https://www.gamestop.ca/Switch/Games/88 ... ed-edition

Edit: Other links added
BestBuy: Earthmate edition is sold out at date of edit
Standard edition: https://www.bestbuy.ca/fr-ca/produit/ru ... h/15778563

Walmart.ca: Earthmate edition https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/rune-facto ... 5B19A6TYKG

Standard edition: https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/rune-facto ... 6H80LCHXPC
Last edited by Rancherita on Feb 21, 2022 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chicken nuggets
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I know this game hasn't came out to US but what do you guys think it do well worldwide that we would get a (rf 6)? I want to see this series keep going forwards.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Chicken nuggets wrote:I know this game hasn't came out to US but what do you guys think it do well worldwide that we would get a (rf 6)? I want to see this series keep going forwards.
I’m hoping and thinking that the release of RF5 is not just a release of a new game, but rather a revival of the series going forward. Right now I am optimistic about a RF6 and even more after that!
princesscrazy
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Not me here because RF4 came to steam and RF5 also got confirmed
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

princesscrazy wrote:Not me here because RF4 came to steam and RF5 also got confirmed
Do we know when it's coming to the PC? I think I'm gonna wait for the PC release instead of playing it on my brother's Switch...
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

runefactor wrote:
princesscrazy wrote:Not me here because RF4 came to steam and RF5 also got confirmed
Do we know when it's coming to the PC? I think I'm gonna wait for the PC release instead of playing it on my brother's Switch...
I may try to do the same. Right now my Switch Lite just kills my poor old eyes. My daughter has the regular Switch so I could play on the TV, but everyone else in the house want's to watch something also so my best bet is to just play on the PC.

I haven't tried RF4 on the PC though to see how it plays. I've already bought the last two versions of the game so going for three just doesn't seem necessary, and I have plenty of other games to play on the PC anyway.
Shymuffin6
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Has anyone seen this? If I'm looking at this correctly, EU buyers will get the wooly tag for free instead of having to pay $5 for it through the Xseed store for US buyers. Idk it just throws me off if I'm already shelling out $80 for the limited edition, might as well give the wooly tag for free. Haven't pre-order yet but something I saw this morning.
If I'm reading/looking at it correct lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/marvelous_ga ... 0061980675
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

If I recall correctly I think they did something similar with the buffalo plush for EU, plus they had better goodies for the deluxe version of PoOT. I quit being jealous after I actually played PoOT though, lol. I'm planning on ordering the vanilla physical version myself to give Rune Factory another try, though I have yet to decide from where.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You guys just made me realise that I have no plans for purchasing RF5. I don't mean I'm not going to...but I haven't even thought about what edition, or if I'll even bother with physical, or if I'll preorder at all. I do really love steelbook cases (I wish all games came with them as an add-on option) but that's the only thing I'd want out of the Earthmate edition, and it's not worth an extra $25 since it's not even particularly beautiful, unlike the Cold steel special editions I was totally willing shelling out for.

I want to get excited for this game, now, as it's in view...only 2.5 months ahead. But I feel no anticipation at all. I was really disappointed to hear that the story is notably shorter than it is in 4...faster to complete. At least the character events sound really good. But it doesn't seem like RF5 blew Japanese-language players out of the water, either...I don't feel like I saw much excitement generated by its release. I don't know, but...I hope I'll finally get excited sometime before the thing is out, lol. I miss hype...

I hope everybody else has all the hype they can handle :)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don’t think I can handle another physical copy of anything anymore so here’s to getting RF5 digitally.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I’m also not super hyped right now, but I do think about the upcoming release. I might go for the physical version, just vanilla though. I’m pretty sure I’ll be excited once I have it in my hands.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:SNIP

I want to get excited for this game, now, as it's in view...only 2.5 months ahead. But I feel no anticipation at all. I was really disappointed to hear that the story is notably shorter than it is in 4...faster to complete. At least the character events sound really good. But it doesn't seem like RF5 blew Japanese-language players out of the water, either...I don't feel like I saw much excitement generated by its release. I don't know, but...I hope I'll finally get excited sometime before the thing is out, lol. I miss hype...

I hope everybody else has all the hype they can handle :)
Honestly thought the story in RF4 was a bit too long. I mean with the Empire part and the tower, it just seemed like it was going on forever. Add to that plant dungeons, capturing all the bosses, etc. Even a dungeon I had to bring my whole family too in order to open the door. There was a lot to do there.

Maybe the individual side quests, romance quests, etc., will have more to them if they cut down on the major questline. Here's hoping.

As far as hype goes ... I want to pick it up as soon as I can, but still not sure what version, and not sure I want to wait a lot longer for the PC version. Sooner or later I'll need to figure it out though.