Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
KuroNeko77
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Trailer from today's Direct

Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Time to resurrect this thread. OP to be updated.

I got some names from the trailer. Knight chad is named Reinhardt, the cooldere blue elf is Scarlet and pink haired bachelorette is Priscilla.
Poppyseed
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Wow. Just got hit with that outta nowhere. The character designs all look cute, which is about what I expected.
KuroNeko77
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Daisuke Tsubasa wrote:Time to resurrect this thread. OP to be updated.

I got some names from the trailer. Knight chad is named Reinhardt, the cooldere blue elf is Scarlet and pink haired bachelorette is Priscilla.
It seems there's a slightly different English trailer, I'll have to check it as well.
FuranSuwa
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I'm super glad and excited that this is finally coming !

However, I can't lie there and must say that I'm a little disappointed on the visuals there. Frontier and Oceans were exceptionally beautiful to me, but this is kinda lacking...The colors are way too bright and the bloom too strong (but that's something that can be changed late in production), and the nature's green is way too flashy... It seems like the world will be bigger, but it looks really empty compared to what Rune Factory used to give us.
I kind of expected this to happen, as the game is developped by a new studio that may not have the means it used to, and that the game was made pretty quickly. But there is still time X)

I love the new portrait style though, it has that rustic/brownish side I loved in Frontier !
Kitto
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

FuranSuwa wrote:I'm super glad and excited that this is finally coming !

However, I can't lie there and must say that I'm a little disappointed on the visuals there. Frontier and Oceans were exceptionally beautiful to me, but this is kinda lacking...The colors are way too bright and the bloom too strong (but that's something that can be changed late in production), and the nature's green is way too flashy... It seems like the world will be bigger, but it looks really empty compared to what Rune Factory used to give us.
I kind of expected this to happen, as the game is developped by a new studio that may not have the means it used to, and that the game was made pretty quickly. But there is still time X)

I love the new portrait style though, it has that rustic/brownish side I loved in Frontier !
I agree. One of the things I've always loved about RF is how the towns are designed but this is kinda disappointing to me. Are the trees just.. copy pasted??

The character designs are, as always, on point though
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh, uh, wow! Was not expecting expected this AT ALL!

I will agree that this looks different from what was expected. I don't actually know what I was expecting, I just know this is different. I'll be honest, it looks a little too saturated, but this is something I can get used to. It's weird to say that this doesn't really give me RF vibes. But we haven't seen anything, relatively speaking, so this is nothing but a very fresh, possibly under-baked take.

Still, happy to see something, at least :) Loved all the designs I saw! Adore the FeMC design! :heart:

One last note to make everything "right"—no commentary, just need to leave this here for no reason in particular... no reason, at all...
Spoiler:
Last edited by XxWizardxMollyxX14 on Sep 17, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

So ecstatic to see this. Have to agree with others that the town seems lacking but maybe there’s more to it than first glance. Love the character designs but I definitely want to take a clippers to the mc’s cowlick XD

No ‘reason at all’ huh XxWizardxMollyxX14? :lol:
Gotta say, that one...area is awfully close to her skin tone :shifty:
Last edited by Kross lover/fan on Sep 17, 2020 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Embry
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Omg, I love the female PC design! Please, please let there be g@y marriage like in FOMT so that I can actually play as her!

I agree I'm not crazy about the overall aesthetic, but I could probably get used to it. And the "ranger" idea is intriguing!

EDIT: HEY, admins, why the heck are you still censoring the word g@y? And why are you turning it into homosexual, when g@y is a less stigmatized term? It's 2020 and this is a thing even in Harvest Moon games, get with the program please.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Embry, the admins don't censor anything. There is an auto filter than can be turned on or off in your own profile. Go Profile, then Edit display options, then look at the Enable Word Censoring option and and choose whether to turn it on or off. It's an automatic thing. No idea if there is any way for the admins or site owner to pick and choose which words get censored. G a y is probably censored because there are still a lot of people who use it like an insult (though not so much around here.)

~

About the game...I think some of it looks really weird. I need to watch it another five times before it'll all sink in, but I was definitely thrown off by how it continually flipped from cutscene images to gameplay images. I liked some of it and didn't like other bits, but I think I can get used to the bits I wasn't thrilled by, sooner or later. The Switch style will just take a bit of getting used to. I do hope it'll get improved a little overall before release, though.

EDIT: I feel like the walking and running animations are really awkward. I like most of what I saw, and already love a few of the character looks, but the colours and crispness felt a bit off.
Last edited by Kikki on Sep 17, 2020 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kross lover/fan wrote: No ‘reason at all’ huh XxWizardxMollyxX14? :lol:
It was back breaking work, but someone had to do it.

So the more I watch the trailers, the more I'm getting a feel for the direction they're taking the graphics in.

A few things that caught my eye:

-It's quite interesting to note that it looks like our farm is on the back of a flying dragon, which is... a thing XD
-Livia/Rivua(?) is cute as hell, I already love her more than anything
-Reinhardt is definitely eye-catching
-Loving the concept of being a ranger and having what looks like a team (if uniform is anything to go by)
-New-ish battle system is something I'm looking forward to learning more about

And I think that's it for now.
Shymuffin6
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I really wanna see how the artstyle looks for the portraits. Also to make sure that we do get portraits for rune factory 5 lol . I'm okay with the colors so far...may take a bit to get used to
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Shymuffin6 wrote:I really wanna see how the artstyle looks for the portraits. Also to make sure that we do get portraits for rune factory 5 lol . I'm okay with the colors so far...may take a bit to get used to

We ended up getting a slightly different trailer than that of the Japanese Direct. The Japanese trailer did show some portraits!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MV8nQW ... D%E3%83%AB

I don't know why that link is so long lol.

Anyways I'm just really excited. I share some of the apprehensions as others here with the graphics and the environments. Some look a bit flat to me. But overall I'm just so excited. To jump from just getting silhouettes of the main characters a year ago to getting a full trailer now... It's kinda wild. But I'm happy. :)
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

This was a nice thing to wake up to today! Hella excited, def gonna import. Animations could use some work but meh, it looks great to me overall. :D

I really hope they allow s/s in this one though, some of the girls are super cute! (Blonde with freckles and pink haired one especially!)

This means in a few months we'll probably start getting famitsu previews and reveals!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hey Kirie :)

Xseed already has a page up for RF5. I like that they've got 'in-development screenshots' written down there, too. The characters look great, but I hope they refine the walk/run animation at the least, but I do think some of the shots need a touch of refinement. Probably they're still getting improvements :)