Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1
(( UNDER CONSTRUCTION ))
I thought I'd make a new thread under Kirie's suggestion now that RF4 SP is out in Japan. The other thread can be used to discuss RF4 SP while this can be more focused on general RF5 Discussion and Speculation.

Release Date: 2020 (JP)
Genre: JRPG / Simulation / Action RPG
Character Designer: Minako Iwasaki
Producer: Yoshifumi Hashimoto
Assistant Producer: Shiro Maekawa
Composer: Tomoko Morita

Characters

(credit goes to Kikki)

None fully unveiled so far except for two silhouettes of our possible protagonists. the 25/07/2019 RF Channel Stream confirms that RF4 SP save data will bring over two guests characters from RF4 into 5.

Info Update Timeline

25/07/2019 - RF4 Channel Stream No. 4. Release of RF4 SP in Japan. RF5 teaser trailer unveiled with concept art, 3D models and silhouettes.

Q and A / What we know so far?

How far is the game into development?
Very early still. Marvelous states that they wish to take time carefully developing this game.

It's coming out in 2020 but when?
Marvelous estimates that RF5 will not be out before March 2020. Anything else is speculation.

How much have they progressed with development?
All we know is the following:
-A central theme for the game has been decided according to Producer Hashimoto.
-3D models of monsters (unpolished) and concept art are finished. Character designs as well, probably.

Anything else is speculation.

Links / Resources

Rune Factory 5's Official Web Page: https://runefactory.marv.jp/series/rf5/index.html
Hakama's Twitter feed (JP and ENG): https://twitter.com/hkm_info?lang=en
The Official Rune Factory Twitter feed (JP): https://twitter.com/runefactory_pr
The Official Rune Factory Update Blog (JP): https://news-runefactory.marv.jp/

Video / Stream / Media Links

Rune Factory 5 Promotional Video No. 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zee5-T4EFqs

General Artwork / Concept Art / Promotional Images

(credit goes to Kikki)

(( UNDER CONSTRUCTION ))
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sweeeet, thanks for the thread Dai! Feels amazing and surreal to have another one of these after so long. So glad the series is back! ;_;

I'm really digging the protag silhouettes! I'm happy they actually gave us a decent teaser this time around. I also really like the look of the monster models personally (but tbf anything is gonna be better than the 3DS ones so that's not a very high bar lol)
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Sweeeet, thanks for the thread Dai! Feels amazing and surreal to have another one of these after so long. So glad the series is back! ;_;

I'm really digging the protag silhouettes! I'm happy they actually gave us a decent teaser this time around. I also really like the look of the monster models personally (but tbf anything is gonna be better than the 3DS ones so that's not a very high bar lol)
Keep in mind it's still early in development. So these 3D models looking unpolished don't surprise me.

Honestly surprised they showed this to us given how you'd think they'd keep this « Cow Poopoo » under wraps. I agree though, I'm glad they gave us something instead of "RF5 has this LOL CYA". Though I've seen one or two "GAME JOURNALIST XDXDXD" articles being all passive aggressive and angry that we only got so little in the trailer and like, what do you expect? We aren't expecting this until Mid 2020 lol.

Speculation on the house from the trailer: somebody mentioned that it doesn't look like a farm house or the protag's house. Besides the billboard somebody brought up...anyone notice the Shield Crest with an X in the left side entrance?

We might be looking at a Guild-themed RF with this fifth entry.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yep! I wasn't the one who mentioned about it not looking like a farm, but I did mention about the shield in the other thread but now that we've moved over here I guess it's allowable for me to repeat myself...I thought maybe this house was actually a weapon or armour shop, with the store entrance being on the ground floor (hidden by the mushroom monster's head) and the second story door going into someone's dwelling.

Speculation, obviously, but I did wonder when I saw that shield :) Hadn't thought of a guild, though. Certainly possible! Maybe it is a guild and whoever lives over top of it (if that's what that house situation is) is the leader. Maybe the protag becomes leader? Interesting idea, anyway :)
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Yep! I mentioned about the shield in the other thread but now that we've moved over here I guess it's allowable for me to repeat myself...I thought maybe this house was actually a weapon or armour shop, with the store entrance being on the ground floor (hidden by the mushroom monster's head) and the second story door going into someone's dwelling.

Speculation, obviously, but I did wonder when I saw that shield :) Hadn't thought of a guild, though. Certainly possible! Maybe it is a guild and whoever lives over top of it (if that's what that house situation is) is the leader. Maybe the protag becomes leader? Interesting idea, anyway :)
I didn't notice your post, my bad. And yeah - the idea of the building being a smithy or shop sounds like another interesting concept. Maybe instead of shipping your crops, the protags here can sell them directly to villagers, marriage candidates or other potential business partners.

The building looks like it's surrounded high in the mountains as well. Hope the town has a seaside location. 3 and 4 just had lakes.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Guild based sounds great, because then instead of the prince/ess points you could have guild points or something similar like in RF4 (I loved that system personally).

There's a ton they could do with it!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Daisuke Tsubasa wrote:
Kikki wrote:Yep! I mentioned about the shield in the other thread but now that we've moved over here I guess it's allowable for me to repeat myself...I thought maybe this house was actually a weapon or armour shop, with the store entrance being on the ground floor (hidden by the mushroom monster's head) and the second story door going into someone's dwelling.

I didn't notice your post, my bad. And yeah - the idea of the building being a smithy or shop sounds like another interesting concept. Maybe instead of shipping your crops, the protags here can sell them directly to villagers, marriage candidates or other potential business partners.
That's okay! I mean we have a few threads going on right now with some of the same info overlapping, so it's easy to miss stuff. I wasn't the one who mentioned about it not looking like a farm, though...although I agree that it does not. Nor does it look like it'll be the MC's own house, to me...which makes it more interesting. If it's not the MC's house, why show this? What makes this building important? Which is why I thought the idea of it being a guild was actually really interesting, because it if is I think maybe that would be a big feature of the game.

I really loved the Prince/ess points, too. :)
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The building is definitely going to play a pivotal role. It could be anything from a guild to a shop to an armory, etc. It could be similar to that giant community centre in Stardew Valley that needs to be gradually rebuilt then upgraded with more rooms and facilities.

I speculate that players will run into that building fully abandonned and part of the plot is restoring that place to whatever it was originally intended for. It appears outside either 5's town or a farm house. So the location is another thing to consider.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Daisuke Tsubasa wrote:The building is definitely going to play a pivotal role. It could be anything from a guild to a shop to an armory, etc. It could be similar to that giant community centre in Stardew Valley that needs to be gradually rebuilt then upgraded with more rooms and facilities.

I speculate that players will run into that building fully abandonned and part of the plot is restoring that place to whatever it was originally intended for. It appears outside either 5's town or a farm house. So the location is another thing to consider.
Fixing up the community centre in SV was the best part of the game, imo, so I wouldn't mind a bit if RF5 did something a little similar.

It might just be me but...doesn't it look like this house is situated right on a cliff? It looks like there is nothing behind it, to me, so I'm thinking there's no farmland back there, further adding to the thought that this probably isn't the MC's house. Not that the MC has to have a farm attached directly to their living space, of course.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:
Daisuke Tsubasa wrote:The building is definitely going to play a pivotal role. It could be anything from a guild to a shop to an armory, etc. It could be similar to that giant community centre in Stardew Valley that needs to be gradually rebuilt then upgraded with more rooms and facilities.

Fixing up the community centre in SV was the best part of the game, imo, so I wouldn't mind a bit if RF5 did something a little similar.

It might just be me but...doesn't it look like this house is situated right on a cliff? It looks like there is nothing behind it, to me, so I'm thinking there's no farmland back there, further adding to the thought that this probably isn't the MC's house. Not that the MC has to have a farm attached directly to their living space, of course.
The isolation of this plot pivotal building is something to note. Like it seems too far into the outskirts even for Bokujo / SoS / Stardew Standards. Granted, Selphia had houses near cliffs too. Hard to tell as we'll need to see more art of the town itself before we can speculate further on its layout.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I wonder if this building might be something you can build up as you go...maybe this is its look at the beginning of the game, and you can build it up and maybe the area around it, too, to integrate it more into civilization in some way. Of course this is pretty distant speculation at this point, but we don't have enough info to do more than speculate, right now, and I actually really like the theorizing part that comes before a game is released. :) It's even fun to find out just how bizarrely WRONG you were on some points, once the facts are really all in. This part makes me a bit giddy, lol.

(This disclaimer brought to you by the fact that I once had someone tell me...not on FOGU but on an AC video somewhere...like I'd done something immoral, that what I was saying was 'pure speculation!'. And on a comment where I prefaced it by saying 'this is just speculation, but...'. LOL. There seems to be a subset of people who get really angry by people sharing ideas rather than just dry facts. I'm not sure why!)
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nah, no worries, speculation is the name of the game around here. One of the reasons the pre-release time for RF4 was so damn fun was all the crazy theories and stuff along with the hype :D It's the reason I joined Ushi in the first place though I had been lurking for years!

It's also a bit different for RF compared to Bokumono since there's more RPG in it, so more fantastical elements, story, villains, etc. More to talk about imo.
Anon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm the one who mentioned the house not looking like a farm house, but when watching the teaser again, I noticed that as the monster models appear, the picture house zooms out, and right at the end we can see some stairs leading down... maybe those stairs lead to the farm field?
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I dunno if anyone mentioned it, but there's also what looks to be a request board of some sort next to the building

Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anon wrote:I'm the one who mentioned the house not looking like a farm house, but when watching the teaser again, I noticed that as the monster models appear, the picture house zooms out, and right at the end we can see some stairs leading down... maybe those stairs lead to the farm field?
Could be! I did see two sets of stairs going down in front of the house...could definitely be down to a farm field, or maybe down a slope toward other buildings or something. I really do think there's nothing behind the building, though, just a drop off a cliff. The building/house doesn't look dilapidated, but it's not very fancy-looking, to me...looks like it could do with some sprucing up. I love to spruce up towns, so that'd be awesome if it turned out to be true.

I wonder if there will be any new crops? RF's magical crops are really fun :) I was just thinking that if it really is farm plot down those steps, maybe they're down a slope so that you can make a paddy or bog. I'd love to grow magic cranberries, lol. (Cranberries has been my big crop wish in Bokumono for the last few years, and I guess it's carrying over. I don't know why I care...)

EDIT: Hmm, I suppose this building could be a little closer to a town than it initially looks. Perhaps the way to town is just down those stairs. I wonder if the board is for requests, or for town or guild news or something? It doesn't look like the board will be Eliza II, at least. I don't know why I think that, though, lol. Since when does any notice board look like it will be sentient?