Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Shortybread
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Ahh, I skimmed the topic because I missed a lot of conversation but I just wanted to post cause I'm SO HYPE!! :heart: I love Rune Factory, and this game happening at all is like a dream come true. :lol:

I definitely think the building could be MC's farmhouse - doesn't seem too unlike one to me - but a guild or a smithy would be SO cool, so I genuinely hope that's what it is. I love guilds in video games in general, and management elements where you get to run a shop or business are so fun! I think they would be really well suited to Rune Factory already, since you can make your own accessories/weapons/tools to begin with. Would be neat if the townsfolk posted requests for items they want you to craft, and you can deliver them to them! If the building is far away from town, that would be cute, working on stuff at your workshop and then running it out to the town for people~ :lala:
I'm not gonna get my hopes up for that, because like people have mentioned it's all speculation!! But dang, that idea is so cute, I love it. :lol:

I'M SO EXCITED to see the bachelors and bachelorettes too!! RF4's cast had such great designs imo, and all of the characters felt really intricate and in depth to me? At least in comparison to previous games, as well as earlier games in the SoS/HM franchise. I (still) couldn't choose who to marry, because everyone was so darn charming... ;-;
And I'm so hoping for some more Univir characters! Or a new fantasy race?? That would be super exciting. :0c
It's probably too early to tell, but I think the MC's seem super cute too, LOL!!

The color purple being important is also very interesting!! Don't know how to take that but--
Spoiler:
it being related to the Dark element or a Dark dragon would make a lot of sense!!
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

^ A workshop could be really fun!! They already had some light shop-managing mechanics in RF4, and I found it pretty fun. Would be really cool if they expanded upon it in RF5! And I also really love the idea of a guild. :heart: So many possibilities.

And I'd love to see more of the Univir too! And more mermaids. I'm gonna flip my lid when they start revealing bachelor(ette)s

I really love the interview that Kikki linked. They sound so enthusiastic and excited to make something truly special. I'm not worried in the slightest and feel like this could be the best RF yet. *-* Fingers crossed!!

And yeah that teaser was more than I was expecting so I'm super hyped over it lol.
Any RF news is good news to me, and super super exciting. :heart:
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I read the article and I can also tell the creators are really into both of these games. I'm glad also that Rune Factory is coming back. It's a game series that more people need to play. RF4 I need to play. I never got into it sadly much and I've played two in the series. I want to play the DS version and the new version. Hope both these do well because this series are good. =D.
nongo
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I really hope this game does well too considering it died for a few years.
I remember reading comments saying, "Rune factory what's that? Is that like a Stardew Valley rip-off?"
Like no, nothing is a rip-off from anything. RF came before Stardew. I really hope this game coming to the switch will give it a lot of heat and gain more interest from non-fans.
MaiIsMe
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Will they have new news this month too?
nyahoarder
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Can't believe I missed the announcement on the RF4S save data bonus! Aaa I was really hoping for cameos from RF4 and I'm so glad it's confirmed we're getting a couple. I definitely could see Margaret and Dylas, as was mentioned. Arthur and Amber also seem pretty likely? (But personally I love Xiao, so as unlikely as it is... please?)

I wonder if the game will still have cameos aside from the save data bonus ones? It'd be a little off if you had to have RF4S to have cameos at all (plus they're from only one game), I feel, but I could see them avoiding doing 4+ cameos to focus on the new cast.

Late to this conversation but I really hope the house in the illustration is some sort of shop. It'd be fun if they built up that mechanic more! It was neat in RF4 but kinda felt dull and not fully realized.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

News has been pretty slow to non-existent as expected. FoMT Switch releases this month where most of Marvelous's PR has been focused on alongside Daemon x Machina so hopefully after that the momentum goes back to normal. We did have a slight update on 5 a while back during briefings about the Chinese versions for RF4SP ::

Marvelous has shared some new info on the development of Rune Factory 5. We’ve learned that the game’s “world view”, protagonist, and scenery have been finalized.
World view probably refers to the game's overall themes. Well, whatever the case I can keep waiting. A ton of games ahead of us + ones I haven't finished yet.
whimsicalwendall
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I love the guild/smithy idea! The building they revealed looks a little decrepit to me, I wonder if rennovating it will be on the menu. I think a Harvest Moon: A New Beginning style set-up where you spruce up an old town and recruit new villagers from surrounding towns or by saving them (or defeating them in their monster forms if we go down that path again and I hope they do) would be thematically consistent and also a lot of fun.

Speaking of surrounding towns, I really would like there to be some! Even if they're just small traveler's outposts between dungeons or if they're not home to any named characters, I'd love some other towns you can visit to flesh the world out a little more.

Characters are always what excite me most about new games, I just love learning about and getting attached to a new cast, and I cannot wait until they reveal them--even of it probably won't be until next year. ;w;
Starrynight28
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It seems like the game would be at least a year away if they only just finalized the main concept and the main characters :o :eek:

Man, I'm so excited. I can't wait to make time go faster by playing RF4sp 150000 times while waiting.
Selfish_Ocelot
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm all for them taking more than a year if needed to get the game as polished as possible, This could be the game that launches the RF series into the mainstream a la fire emblem if they play their cards right. The farming genre was sort of revitalized by Stardew Valley, everyone and their mother has a Switch, and RF's rpg mechanics and story are an added value to people that just see a farming simulator. And with 4 special relatively cheap (in switch terms) it can grab some attention while 5 is developed.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I'm hoping that with RF4 Special released outside of Japan, we can finally start getting more information on RF5. I'm hoping for some pictures of the townsfolk next as well as what our protagonists are going to look like. Am I also the only one hoping that the games take place outside of Norad, maybe even in the former Sechs Empire itself? With Elthelberd (hopefully) dead now, maybe Norad would send some Earthmates over to help revitalize the empire as a peace mission of some kind?

The Empire could have had a Shadow dragon related to it like the elemental dragons are a part of Norad, or the colors could represent the new flag of the republic? Either way, I'm hoping for something new compared to the dragon-based plot since they've already made the best dragon possible. There is no way to top Venti.
nongo
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Simply Unknown wrote:I'm hoping that with RF4 Special released outside of Japan, we can finally start getting more information on RF5. I'm hoping for some pictures of the townsfolk next as well as what our protagonists are going to look like. Am I also the only one hoping that the games take place outside of Norad, maybe even in the former Sechs Empire itself? With Elthelberd (hopefully) dead now, maybe Norad would send some Earthmates over to help revitalize the empire as a peace mission of some kind?

The Empire could have had a Shadow dragon related to it like the elemental dragons are a part of Norad, or the colors could represent the new flag of the republic? Either way, I'm hoping for something new compared to the dragon-based plot since they've already made the best dragon possible. There is no way to top Venti.
That would be interesting. I would be happy with RF5 taking place in either the sechs empire, eastern nation, or Elven Kingdom. I also would love there to be more variety of species in a town. We have Univir, Mermaids, Dwarves, Elves, Dark Elves, half-monsters, and even vampires. Although, I think having too much of a variety will make things messy but most of all, I want a mermaid character again. I want to learn more about the mermaid species and how they aren't shunned or hunted down by people. Pia from RF3 just came off as a normal girl in town who happens to also be a mermaid. Her backstory and family are never mentioned or explored.
SilverYogurt
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Breathing life into this old account of mine to get on the RF5 hype train with some theories!

As for the color purple,
Spoiler:
I agree with the theory that it’s about a Dark type dragon. Every RF game so far has had its own unique elemental dragon at the core of it, and usually the protag’s color scheme is also tied to the dragon type as well. (Raguna is very earthy, Kyle and his kids have red hair, Micah is a bit odd but I always told myself he has “beach” blonde hair and ocean blue eyes, then Lest and Frey have the wind [green/white] color scheme.) It was always my theory when I played earlier games that there will at least be 1 dragon per element per game for a complete series; I wouldn’t be all that surprised if the Dark was also the Light dragon, as a few in game items have Dark/Light bonuses together simultaneously. This is my theory anyway haha.
Additionally, my guess about the return characters:
Spoiler:
Wouldn’t it be so fun if your spouse and child from RF4S came to RF5? And that way it seriously does depend on your save data! ^_^
I really found this account by looking up RF4 tips as I play 4S with barely any specific memories of 4, found a thread where I made a comment, didn’t realize it was my own comment and was laughing at the joke I made...Lol! So here I am, back again, and very excited for the future! Really...really gotta update that signature, though. The RF x Dr Who crossover is an incredibly dated notion, yeesh...
MaiIsMe
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Runs factory 5 still set to release in 2020

Bribri
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

They showed it in the direct! It's delayed but that's OK!