* Search  * Register
It is currently Aug 04, 2020 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Blue Rose
  Post subject: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Mar 12, 2020 8:20 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

So got the game a couple days back and wanted to make a thread for discussion on it.

Just finished arc 1 as Frey on Hard mode. Certain bosses actually gave me a bit of trouble as it has been awhile since I was familiar with the mechanics. Forgot I could bring companions too. Not dating anyone yet, but probably gonna aim for Leon or Dylas. Wanted to mainly woo Dylas this time around, but Mathew Mercer's siren voice and Leon's chiseled and keep calling me.

Need to start a boy file cause I definitely want to marry a girl this time. Forte or Margaret are my main targets, but Dolce and Xiao are sweet too. Might try it on hell mode and see how I do.

Also, I forgot how much I hated Jones and Luminata. Well, I remembered the latter but Jones is...grrr.

Kikki
  Post subject: Re: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Mar 12, 2020 9:20 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'd like to know what everyone's favourite weapon class is. Mine is Gloves, because they are insanely fast, getting in even more hits per second than dual blades (which are my second favourite, but you take a lot more damage when using them than with gloves, so they can't take first place), and they also cause knockback and even juggle the enemies all over the screen, so that they can't attack back very well. You don't even NEED a shield, because as long as you have leveled up gloves on, the enemy rarely has a chance to hit you because they're constantly trying to get their footing back after being punched off of it.

Though I really should try upgrading my shield with a dragon scale to get half the benefits of it anyway. That's the one benefit of a short sword, imo, is getting the full benefit of a shield. Short swords are okay because they're so fast and you can use shields with them, but I still prefer gloves.

Spears are okay, since they're slow but powerful, and because you're at a greater distance, you usually have time to run back far enough to avoid the enemies strikes. I can never make long swords or staffs work for me, or axes/hammers...I just get beat up any time I try to make them my category. (Well, with staffs I end up just not doing much damage...at least I have plenty of time to run away!)

What about everyone else? What does your favourite category do best?

EDIT: Forgot to mention this, but Shan has an RF4S discussion going, too, if you want to see. :) Also, I really dislike Illuminata, too, and am not fond of Jones, though less so.

rachellion
Post Posted: Mar 12, 2020 10:08 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I'm still pretty early game but wow I missed this game so much! I'm about to start the second arc and I'm playing as Lest. Game plan is to play through as Lest, get to NG+ on one file after splitting it to marry all the ladies, and then play through as Frey on NG+.

I think my current game plan is to marry Forte and Dolce first, then Amber/Meg, then Chlorica and Xiaopai. I LOVE Xiaopai but I remember everyone's marriage events and hers was painful to watch agh.

Lol I thought I'd hate Luminata more than before but now I'm like... wow you're just annoying. So much energy...

My fav weapon class alternates between Gloves and Dual Swords for all the reasons you outlined, Kikki. I've been trying to keep both skill levels up so I can keep forging good ones, and also trying to experiment with other weapons classes so I can forge stuff for Xiaopai, Chlorica, and Forte :lol: I've been using magic more often too and just realized I don't think I've EVER used staves lol.

What's your favorite town event??

Simply Unknown
Post Posted: Mar 12, 2020 12:41 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Beat the first act yesterday and the day before Arthur's birthday in-game so I'm pretty happy. I wanted to make sure I brought back Leon in time for his birthday. Looking to hold back on triggering the second act for a bit so I can grind up some crafting and forging skills and get some good armor and weapons.

My favorite weapon has to be the dual-blades because I'm fond of the hitting many times strategy in games like this. Nothing gets me more annoyed than taking a big swing with a slow or heavy weapon and missing. I probably have to go back and train up some of my other weapon skills though.

I like a lot of the events in-game, but I tend to lean towards the ones that show off a side to a character that we usually don't see. Like the one with Bado selling items in a different way that had Forte talk about how he can be pretty reliable with things that matter. Favorite repeatable event is the bucket one with Porco though. Nothing beats running through town, passionately telling everyone that "The Bucket is Here!"

Favorite monster?

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Mar 13, 2020 3:43 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The spiders are cute how they jump around but sweet nellys knickers are they a pain to fight. Faeries are always cute.

I really wish events didn't take so long to both proc and go through. Some of these really shouldn't take days worth.

Favorite weapon is def gloves, double blades or single. I like long swords as well but usually the opponents are too fast for that.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 13, 2020 3:54 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I like the fairies, because I love the way they glide, and they're so pretty. Though they're not very useful very far into Arc 3, unforunately. :( They were great up until then, though!

I don't think I have a favourite event, I just like all of the ones that make me laugh. So anything with Porco in it, or that involves Doug and Dylas at the same time. But I wish Leon had more presence events. Leon seems to get left out of everything.

copernicusmaximus
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2020 4:58 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

« Harvest Goddess » replaying this game makes me remember how much I love it. I also love the abundance of dialogue and town events. I've gotten all different town events this go around, the only repeat so far being the Dolce and Margaret event where she plays in the mansion. Which is a great event, for what it's worth.

Anyway, I'm in autumn of my first year with my eyes set on Leon, unsurprisingly. I never got to the third arc in the 3DS game and I only ever dated Leon; we never got married. I feel like I want to pick Arthur as my second file choice because he is SO ridiculously sweet and I'm always pleasantly taken aback by how upfront but respectful he was with his little crush on you. Like I love his love potion line.

Spoiler:
Arthur: Ah, I've handled Love Potion before. I wonder if they're actually effective. Might as well try one-- ...Hmm, I guess not. Nothing. After all, I have always liked you from the beginning, [name].

And then he talks about how he likes cute things and one of your responses is basically "How about me?" and he says totally straight faced "Well of course you're cute." Like okay Arthur I see you shooting your shot :P

Dylas's shyness endears me but like...honestly? His big crush on Doug is like...it makes me feel like a total third wheel :lol: Like I feel like genuinely the whole town wants those two to get together, especially how much they talk about them secretly liking each other.

I'm trying to use a lot of weapons this time and not just immediately drift to dual swords. Laying on spells more this time because I got a high level one early on as a lucky reward.

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2020 5:03 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Dylas is soooo cute. Started dating him and it's fun. He calls me 'Honey' while I went with 'Big D.' Kek.

Not gonna harem cause I don't have the heart to break hearts. I just split my file.

copernicusmaximus
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2020 5:08 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Blue Rose wrote:
Dylas is soooo cute. Started dating him and it's fun. He calls me 'Honey' while I went with 'Big D.' Kek.

I was VERY tempted to pick the "Master" nickname for Leon when it popped up as one of the options. I reloaded the save to see all of his reactions to each nickname and Frey saying "Master" made Leon go something to the effect of "...That has more of an effect on me than I expected." Like...LEWD. :lol:

I think I just ended up going with Leo though.

Blue Rose wrote:
Not gonna harem cause I don't have the heart to break hearts. I just split my file.

I knowww I could never break their hearts. I'd feel too guilty. That's why I'm happy there are so many more save files.

Simply Unknown
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2020 6:59 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I feel like I'm basically recreating my very first playthrough except I know what I'm doing this time. This means I'm romancing Doug as my first husband with no hareming because I never saw the point. Just beat Terrable today which is fun and now to start showering my new Wind Fairy with gifts to boost her magic while my Silver Wolf poisons everything.

@copernicusmaximus: I love the nickname Leo for Leon. I just think it's cute so that's what I think I'll go with this time.

rachellion
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2020 6:53 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Simply Unknown wrote:
I feel like I'm basically recreating my very first playthrough except I know what I'm doing this time. This means I'm romancing Doug as my first husband with no hareming because I never saw the point. Just beat Terrable today which is fun and now to start showering my new Wind Fairy with gifts to boost her magic while my Silver Wolf poisons everything.

@copernicusmaximus: I love the nickname Leo for Leon. I just think it's cute so that's what I think I'll go with this time.

^ this for me too! Just beat Terrable, it's been interesting replaying this game now that I know what I'm doing. I also learned a few more interesting tips from Reddit that I've been implemented and I am WAY richer than I was my first playthrough :lol:

I harmed on my first playthrough and don't remember if I had any issues but now I'm like ...I'll just get everyone up to at least 7 LP and then start splitting my file :lol: Playing through as Lest means I don't have to wait for Doug, when I play as Frey I'm definitely going to amend that to 'play through until end of 2nd arc and get Doug up to 7 LP and THEN start splitting files.'

I'm not getting as many town events so I'm hoping to trigger more of those as I go. I forgot how silly this game is and I love it, such a balm right now :heart:

PedroTheChicken
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2020 8:00 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I love this game so much, I finally met a friend irl who plays it but they haven't gotten the special version yet. This forum is kind of barren sadly. :/ I was looking forward to jumping back in here but it looks like not many people are using it now a days. Hopefully this thread will stay active though! :heart:

I'm trying to remain neutral on the bachelors this time because I actually love pretty much all of them (minus Kiel. He's just too young looking for my tastes lol) but Leon keeps stealing my heart. :oops:

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2020 4:20 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

A lot of the forum goers have moved to Discord. There is an Ushi discord that's a lot more active than here.

Simply Unknown
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2020 4:24 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Is anyone else a little amazed at how overpowered the Green Fairy can be? I used her and my Silver Wolf (not the guarunteed one) to crush everyone in the Buddy Battle and then it was basically her soloing Fiersome (who appeared to have a different name in the Switch version that I don't even want to try to spell) while I ran around healing and my Wolf...tried? Acted as bait? At least I got two ash drops out of it.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2020 5:45 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

All of the fairies are incredibly powerful allies in arc 1 and 2. They won the buddy battle easily for me, as well. Unfortunately by the time you reach Rune Prana, they're no longer of much use, even if you've kept them leveled up. Or they weren't for me, anyway. They're good for keeping the enemy busy while alive, but they were very easily killed and did little damage. They also lost the second annual buddy battle really badly. :(

I like Blue the best because she healed me on top of being an attacker :)