RF ToD (Wii) how to get golem wrestling?

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Yomigami
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I've been fighting the Giant sea monsters using mostly charge running, but I never got the Golem Wrestling skill. The skill under the Raising Island is still listed as "???."
I saw that it's supposed to result in a deadlock if the monster block my charge, but Everytime they do my golem just fumbles the charge (he looks like he trip).
Is there any tip on how to get this skill / enter the deadlock?

Also, I'm playing the Wii version if that makes any difference.
Yomigami
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

and after I posted that, I finally managed to do it... I'm going to describe all I know in case someone else is looking for this topic in the future.

I did this on the first challenging giant battle that I encountered after I started trying to grapple every enemy I found. the usual enemies I encountered died after about 2 successful grab, but this one last for quite a while. it will probably take about 10 grab to defeat this one if I kept trying for it.

when attempting to grab a guarding enemy, I found 3 possible things happening
1. my golem just fumbled
2. the enemy actually avoid my grab by moving sidestep
3. the enemy looked like it was deflecting my grab and a deadlock ensued

I was fighting the godzilla type enemy, I think it was called Redzilla, in the lower area between G-4 and H-4 in the sea chart.

also, just before this fight, I changed the golem head type from flower to normal. I doubt it made any difference, but I'll just say that just in case.

I think that's all I did. after this fight, I went and fight a purple behemoth, but I found this one even harder to trigger wrestling because it's long range attack has, well, very long range (compared to the zilla's fire breath). so that keeps stopping me from getting near him by charging. and doing it from close range is risky because the behemoth will just horn me when I'm building up before the rush.