RF4S General Discussion

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
copernicusmaximus
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I just wanna make sure to win the festivals in my first year since everyone says the festivals are all much harder year 2 and on. My silver wolf and green fairy decimated the buddy battle year 1. I also waited until after the big catch contest on Summer 15 to rescue Dylas :lol:
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Quick question, did anyone else notice the text sometimes using "Dearest" in place of the MC's name? I first noticed during the spring harvest festival I believe. There's a line of dialogue when talking to Kiel that, in the 3DS version, you find out he named his vegetable whatever your character name is. Playing this on the switch, however, he apparently named his vegetable "Dearest." I thought maybe they changed it, don't know why they would have, but all the other dialogue regarding this event is the same, including Kiel saying something like "Let's go, Dearest. Oh, I mean the vegetable."

But then, I just got to my wedding in the game (Marrying Arthur), and the dialogue is saying "Arthur, do you love Dearest and pledge your companshionship" etc.
I'm just wondering if anyone else ran into that, or if it's just some weird hiccup with my particular copy, lol. It's funny, I suppose, though it's making this wedding scene a little odd. :lol:
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Ehppy wrote:Quick question, did anyone else notice the text sometimes using "Dearest" in place of the MC's name? I first noticed during the spring harvest festival I believe. There's a line of dialogue when talking to Kiel that, in the 3DS version, you find out he named his vegetable whatever your character name is. Playing this on the switch, however, he apparently named his vegetable "Dearest." I thought maybe they changed it, don't know why they would have, but all the other dialogue regarding this event is the same, including Kiel saying something like "Let's go, Dearest. Oh, I mean the vegetable."

But then, I just got to my wedding in the game (Marrying Arthur), and the dialogue is saying "Arthur, do you love Dearest and pledge your companshionship" etc.
I'm just wondering if anyone else ran into that, or if it's just some weird hiccup with my particular copy, lol. It's funny, I suppose, though it's making this wedding scene a little odd. :lol:
I haven't reached the marriage portion yet, but I did see the same thing about Dearest at the Spring Harvest Festival. I was like you and thought they had changed it for the Switch Release.
nongo
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Guys! After playing this game for sooooooo many years, I finally triggered Leon's event(the event that allows you to marry him.) I remember triggering it once before but that was on my male save slot. :( But this time it's finally on my females'.

When people said triggering events on the switch version was changed to be easier than the 3ds', I wasn't sure if it was true or not. However, I quickly unlocked the 3rd arc two weeks after completing the 2nd. I thought it was just pure luck. Perhaps they made events trigger easier depending on who you woo.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

From what I heard, the 3rd arc is hard coded to trigger at a certain point after completing arc 2 (or has priority compared to the other events). Im Not sure about marriage events, but i think if you've seen all the pre-requisite events (which is RNG based) + other requirements i think the marriage event should now pop up for the next event assuming all the requirements are met.

Not as sure about the marriage events, but I remember seeing people say the 3rd arc trigger was specifically made easier to get for the switch version.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Simply Unknown wrote: I haven't reached the marriage portion yet, but I did see the same thing about Dearest at the Spring Harvest Festival. I was like you and thought they had changed it for the Switch Release.

Huh! They must've grabbed the wrong tag for some dialogues. Makes more sense I guess than them changing that one piece of dialogue when there was no real problem with it before. o:
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Welp, I completed Act 2. Now hopefully Act 3 will trigger soon because I want to have Venti at my wedding!
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Finally started dating folks. My main files will be Leon, Margaret, Dylas and Forte. Will watch the other characters events on youtube later.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If you didn't grab it and want it, do it quick!
bitsy_bites5
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:If you didn't grab it and want it, do it quick!
Aaand I was too late by a couple hours to get it for free.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Does anyone else forget how useful the Seed Dungeons are until they find them way later than they're supposed to? Because they aren't doing much for me levelwise, but I'm zipping through them to get chests full of items to sell which is really helping my wallet. I also found two late-game weapons, both with over 2000 attack power, so that is really useful for me.
nongo
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Simply Unknown wrote:Does anyone else forget how useful the Seed Dungeons are until they find them way later than they're supposed to? Because they aren't doing much for me levelwise, but I'm zipping through them to get chests full of items to sell which is really helping my wallet. I also found two late-game weapons, both with over 2000 attack power, so that is really useful for me.
The seed dungeon is basically for early level grinding and like what you said, for searching through chests.
Once you're high leveled and have gotten the sword and shield seeds, there's really nothing left to do. I still keep it in case for the chests though.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

nongo wrote:
Simply Unknown wrote:Does anyone else forget how useful the Seed Dungeons are until they find them way later than they're supposed to? Because they aren't doing much for me levelwise, but I'm zipping through them to get chests full of items to sell which is really helping my wallet. I also found two late-game weapons, both with over 2000 attack power, so that is really useful for me.
The seed dungeon is basically for early level grinding and like what you said, for searching through chests.
Once you're high leveled and have gotten the sword and shield seeds, there's really nothing left to do. I still keep it in case for the chests though.
I completely forgot how to get seed dungeons and had to look it up. I'm now done with the second arc and man next playthrough I'm definitely jumping on that wagon earlier... would've made life a LOT easier, haha. I can't believe I forgot how useful they are - I remember LOVING that mechanic playing the original RF4.

Second arc is done! I'm now splitting my file in order to date each bachelorette. I've been testing out the trick listed on the forum to wait until the LP level is just about to change and confess right after it goes up. It does seem to work! I successfully confessed to Amber and Forte using that trick, when before I was just confessing randomly and it never seemed to work.

Has anyone done a harem in this game? I don't remember having issues with dating everyone in the original RF4, but since we have so many save files I'm not bothering with it this time. I am curious whether it's harder and I am just misremembering that...

I keep thinking oh I'll finish Eliza's requests and unlock NG+ and then look at the later requests and make a face like... ugh okay maybe not :lol:
CandyQueenFogu
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Dang, missed the DLC :( It's strange, though, (not bad strange, just different) to see Rune Factory advertising for DLC. I know Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns did it, and the Natsume releases of Harvest Moon, but I can't seem to recall any DLC for ANY Rune Factory game in the past (unless I'm misremembering RF4 for the 3DS?)
nongo
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

So I went back to play my 3ds copy of this game and it felt soooo weird! I've gotten so used to the upgraded graphics and bigger resolution that the 3ds one felt like a port from the switch.