RF4 - Rafflesia

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I'm having hard trouble against this plant boss. What is it weak against? Is level 50 high enough? And what is the best strategy to kill it?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Rafflesia is level 39...but level isn't as important as gear (armor, weapons, accessories, food buffs). I don't think they actually have any weakness, but I've seen it said that their weakness is water. But then, I've also seen some people claim fire weapons work best. You could try crafting a weapon with a water or fire attribute, or using water or fire magic against them, and see if that makes a difference. I think though that they have no weakness and that the magical weapons are simply BETTER weapons and do more damage, which is why they work so much better. The weapons I've seen the most people saying they were using at that point of the game were Kote and Sea Cutter, I think. Also, if you haven't been using any of your weapon skills (the ones you learn as you level up your weapon fighting skills), you should try them out...they do higher damage.

I'm not sure if they work on boss monsters, though I know they work on regular monsters...but you could try throwing failed dishes or Object X at it to give it debuffs. (Failed dishes and disastrous dishes are what you get when you try to make a food above your level or with ingredients that don't go together, and Object X is what you get when you fail at making medicine...you can just deliberately fail on an easy recipe, if you want to make them.) Object X causes poison, seal, paralysis, sleep, fatigue, and sick. Can only help you, if you inflict all of those on your enemy...they won't be feeling too good! (Just don't accidentally eat one yourself!) You can try that. It's a good tactic to have on hand at other times even if you find it doesn't work against boss monster (I can't remember if it does or not.)

You just have to keep trying different things until something works. If you've been using spear to attack long distance, or magic, then try fist or dual swords to attack faster at closer distance, or vice versa. It's more likely that your gear isn't good enough than that you are under-levelled. Level is not very important in RF4 in most cases, since in late game you may find yourself to be level 140 and defeating monsters who are level 300+...gear is MUCH more important. So grinding your crafting skills up is more important than fighting to increase your character level.

I suggest having a full party (two allies) so that they can take some of the attacks instead of you, preferably while doing damage of their own. And make sure you have enough healing food or medicine along with you, maybe even stuff that gives you buffs to make you a stronger fighter. Oh and...make sure to kill off the 3 sprouts before attacking the main body. Should help.
dragoonfarmer13
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure if it's the same across every safe file and I can't remember which chest I got it from, but if you managed to snag a Silent Ring from one of the many wrong paths on the way to the dungeon outside in the Autumn area (or it might have been a wrong path inside the dungeon but I'm pretty sure it was outside), you can equip it to completely defang the boss. It can't regenerate its limbs or attack while silenced. Good luck!