getting tamed monsters to attack enemies

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I have a buffamoo, a cluckdoodle, and a wooly, I took Millie the buffamoo and Easter the cluckdoodle to the forest area, to see if they know what to do. They just ambled around and left the task of enemy slaying to me. Is this something to do with their levels, and their loyalty?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No, those two animal types are very gentle...they're not fighters. (The schmooly would fight quite a bit more than the wooly, but I personally like to go with fairies, for fighting earlier on...those little gals are MEAN.) If you want animals to help you fight, you need aggressive ones. Even if you wander into an area with wild Buffamoo and walk up to one, it might not attack you...it might just stand there passively. If the monster is slow about attacking YOU when they're wild, they'll be very slow to act in battle once you tame them, too. Pick the ones that come after you aggressively when you're out in the field or in dungeons. The harder the monster was for you to beat, or the more damage it did to you, the better.

In RF4 you can have up to 200 monsters before the game won't let you have any more (that's how many monster barn rooms you can build...enough to house 200 monsters). Tame lots of different types to at least try them out. If they're not useful...if they don't either give products, help farm, or be good fighters...then you can just release them.