RF4: How long does it take to get Sprite Swapping?

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Solar Wind
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Thinking of getting this game. But I was curious about how long it takes to get the ability to change my sprite/model. I know how it works and when it unlocks. But I'd like to know how long it'll take to unlock it after starting the game.

I want to pretend I'm Ethelberd and do farm work as penance. Can I do that within the first few hours of playing, or does it take much longer?
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think it depends on how quickly you can speed through the story. I don't remember numbers but it took me some time to finish the second act (and I wanted to beat it as fast as possible cause I wanted to marry Doug. I had to grind a bit and up my forging to get the best possible weapons cause some of the boss fights were pretty tough. Talking in-game time, I'm pretty sure I got to that point during Winter year 1. I don't consider myself particularly good at this game though lol tbh, so if you're a skilled player and find the fighting really easy, I'm sure you'll get there pretty quickly. :3 Hope any of this helps in anyway!
Solar Wind
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

That does help a lot, thanks! So that might be about two weeks for me. Ethel's atonement will have to wait a bit, then.