GAY WEDDINGS? In RF5

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
crazy cat lady
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

We have come a long way from best friend ceremonies being removed in the English version of HMDS cute. :heart: (I really love XSeed so much more than Natsume... for so many reasons...)
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I was looking through the comments under the official JP Twitter page regarding the gay marriage patch. They are mostly positive and excited about the patch actually. The main complains they have are this feature should have been included since the beginning and more dialogues for the marriage candidates.

That being said, we have really come a looooong way. A long time fan would not have imagined this will be possible when I was playing my first Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons game and wanted to marry Cliff so badly playing as a boy.

I just wish they will include this feature for all the remakes as well so that I can go after all my favorite Bachelors.

Sorry for posting a lot under this post. I am just really happy. Imagine all the kids who are able to play these games and want to go after their favorite candidate regardless of their gender and etc.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

iloverainbow wrote:I just wish they will include this feature for all the remakes as well so that I can go after all my favorite Bachelors.
Yeah, I hope this is the new standard.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

runefactor wrote:
iloverainbow wrote:I just wish they will include this feature for all the remakes as well so that I can go after all my favorite Bachelors.
Yeah, I hope this is the new standard.
I was actually really worried about the future of Rune Factory because it wasn't included in the base game whereas Marvelous' two latest Bokujou Monogatari titles did. It didn't make a whole lot of sense to not include the option when it's from the same publisher and it generates better news press.
Gorgophone
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote: I was actually really worried about the future of Rune Factory because it wasn't included in the base game whereas Marvelous' two latest Bokujou Monogatari titles did. It didn't make a whole lot of sense to not include the option when it's from the same publisher and it generates better news press.
Same, I thought it was a sure thing for RF5 because of SoS. When I saw it wasn't, it felt like they went from "we're not including it because it's just not done" to "we totally could include it and have actively decided we're against it". Ouch.

I'm so glad they're adding it after all. Big love to XSEED for encouraging them.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Gorgophone wrote:
Ronin19 wrote: I was actually really worried about the future of Rune Factory because it wasn't included in the base game whereas Marvelous' two latest Bokujou Monogatari titles did. It didn't make a whole lot of sense to not include the option when it's from the same publisher and it generates better news press.
Same, I thought it was a sure thing for RF5 because of SoS. When I saw it wasn't, it felt like they went from "we're not including it because it's just not done" to "we totally could include it and have actively decided we're against it". Ouch.

I'm so glad they're adding it after all. Big love to XSEED for encouraging them.

I could be wrong but I could’ve sworn I read an article a few years back that stated that the director/creator of the RF series broke off from Marvelous. Or he’s at least now a separate branch? Anyway, he’s separated from them somehow and is making his own games/brought the RF games with him.
So it might’ve not been Marvelous’ idea to exclude s/s marriage….

Edit: yes, here’s the article. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silico ... a-inc/amp/

Hashimoto opened a subsidiary to Marvelous, so chances are, they don’t have a say/much of a say in what goes on in RF anymore. They still fully own the SoS series of course so that could explain some things.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Marvelous owns Hakama and both the Bokumono and Rune Factory IP, afaik, so they do have as much say as they decide to exert...it's just that RF is under Hashimoto's full control now when it comes to decisions during development. However, Xseed said that it was Marvelous they contacted and who said 'yeah, that has to go in there,' so we don't know whether it was Hashimoto's team that agreed to add it in, or if Marvelous itself said 'this is what you're gonna do because we're not giving you a choice.' Seems odd that it wasn't put in from the beginning if the Hakama team/Hashimoto themselves always felt it should go in.

But we don't know. I don't, anyway. Maybe Hakama was set to put it in the next game and decided at the expression of concern from Xseed that they should push it ahead right away and patch it into RF5. I don't know of any way to find out who specifically gave the orders to add it in and made it happen, whether they were at Marv's main body or if it was Hashimoto or someone on the Hakama team.
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I keep re-remembering that this is actually happening and feeling happy again.
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Soapylion wrote:I keep re-remembering that this is actually happening and feeling happy again.
Same, I came back to bask in the excitement for a minute.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

JayDucky03 wrote:
Soapylion wrote:I keep re-remembering that this is actually happening and feeling happy again.
Same, I came back to bask in the excitement for a minute.
I've rewatched the trailer so many times to remember it.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Honestly i think what was best is i literally missed out on almost everything after because i saw it and just. was losing it. couldn't believe it was happening. even in the back of my heaad at random itll still just "i can be gay in rf5...... :pleading emoji:"
Moondrag
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I don't know of any way to find out who specifically gave the orders to add it in and made it happen, whether they were at Marv's main body or if it was Hashimoto or someone on the Hakama team.
Double checking the Xseed Development blog, at the "Localization Begins" part of it:
We asked our main liaison with the development team—Marvelous’ localization department in Japan—to check their plans for same-« Chicken Hugging » marriage. They confirmed that it was not planned for Rune Factory 5, but that they would ask about the possibility of adding it. Thankfully, the game’s producer at Marvelous and others within the company agreed that including this feature was important and began to push for it. At the same time, Marvelous’ localization team laid some ground rules for its implementation to make sure that players would have the same experience regardless of which character they pursued.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks :) I read that whole thing before, though, and I remember, but to me that doesn't clear it up. Even the part where they specifically mention the 'producer at Marvelous' doesn't really tell me who is responsible for what when it comes to Marv vs Hakama/Hashimoto, now that they're separated out as a dev team. The producer at Marvelous doesn't sound like part of the Hakama team to me, so...I don't know. Maybe this is all the Hakama team...or maybe Hashimoto had nothing to do with this and it was the main body's (Marvelous) decision to add this even when the Hakama division itself did not. To me it sounds like Hakama didn't put this in itself, that Marvelous, as the main body, made that decision after the fact (maybe partly thanks to that survey? I don't know that, either) but that might be selling Hakama short. I just don't know.
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I hope they announce the special / deluxe edition soon! Can March 2022 come any sooner :? :? :?
LunarCatt
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm so so so happy that Xseed included gay marriage! I literally started crying with happiness when I saw the trailer! :D It means so much to me that I can play Rune Factory (a game I've loved since childhood) and just be me! A bi girl! :D EEEE!