Rune Factory 5 Q & A

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I’ll never understand how you guys can play on hard mode I keep dying in the volcano on easy :/ and I’m even not at the boss….what’s the best way to avoid the flames?
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:I’ll never understand how you guys can play on hard mode I keep dying in the volcano on easy :/ and I’m even not at the boss….what’s the best way to avoid the flames?
There are 2 ways to potentially avoid the flame pillars. You can either wait for one to die down or you can just press the r button while running to dodge the pillars. Often this results in a perfect dodge and even if you slightly hit the flames you take no damage. This doesn’t work all the time though as you need to be pretty accurate.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Nallia wrote:
LeBurns wrote:
Somerandom wrote:I didn’t know you needed to upgrade your farm tools to level 10 to make them more effective, I should get onto that. However I haven’t had any issues with getting level 10 seeds maybe due to my dumping of coloured grass and medicinal herbs into the fertiliser bin to get my soil to above level 2000. I don’t carry much medicine on me usually so I don’t really have much need to use the grass to make it.

Is it possible to upgrade magic like in RF4? Currently my spells are pretty weak.
Well I gave this a try. I cut a level 6 turnip with a level 1 tool, then upgraded it to level ten with scrap metal and cut another one and both gave level 6 seeds. So that isn't working for me at least. I imagine that I'll need tier 4 tool to get to level 8 seeds, and tier 5 to get level 10. I'm assuming that based on tier 2 stopping at level 4 seeds and tier 3 stopping at level 6.

Note my fertilizer bin has had grass in it since day one, so that really isn't the issue.

I can get gold and platinum now so it's just a matter of getting the skill higher and eating bread to get better tools.
I got level 10 turnip seeds with a level 2 silver sickle that I upgraded with a magnifying glass. I made some Greenifier+ and used them until the soil quality reached 2.0 (it was before I had Ludmila so I couldn’t buy them yet). Then I used the hoe on withered grass to bring the soil’s HP back up since the greenifier dropped it.
Okay I have to admit I made a mistake. When I upgraded a tool to level ten, it was a hoe, not a sickle. My sickle was still level one. Yeah I feel dumb, but at least I know now why I wasn't getting better seeds. I'm at the point now where I can make the fourth tier tools though.

Question. Where do you find stones? Not rocks, not material stone, but stones? I can make a mountain axe, but need stone and have no idea where to find them, or what monster drops them.
Mothership
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

@LeBurns The rocks you find in your field are considered stones and work fine in crafting.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Mothership wrote:@LeBurns The rocks you find in your field are considered stones and work fine in crafting.
I swear I was holding a rock when it indicated I couldn't make the item. Maybe I had already turned it into a material stone first. I'll try again.

Question. I started using the Hidden Item crest and started to notice the (A) pop up in random places now, and when I press (A) I pick up some hidden item. One such location is just at the foot of the stairs outside going up to my room. At least I'm assuming this is from the crest. It reminds me of the places where you find the hidden tree seeds. Anyone else notice this and is there anywhere else that has decent hidden stuff? Note this is not like the blue hidden chests that you can actually see.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

There are several places like that in town and in other areas, even dungeons, but I don't remember them typically until the icon pops up again. Two pretty consistent ones seem to be the one by Silo's stairs, which is usually food related, and in front of Ludmilla's, which has been grass, flowers, or various crop growing things. Related, but there are multiple breakable boxes in town that can contain goodies too.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Random question, but is it possible to lock yourself out of a festival? I'm asking because I reached a part in the plot where
Spoiler:
everyone is losing their memories and not getting out of bed
, but I triggered it right before the summer Harvest Festival. I had to stop playing because my switch needed to recharge, but I want to know if I have to beat the next dungeon before I can have the festival. I have some saves beforehand so I can go back if I need to, but I'd rather not have to rush through a dungeon just so I can do the festival, especially if I don't have to.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Simply Unknown wrote:Random question, but is it possible to lock yourself out of a festival? I'm asking because I reached a part in the plot where
Spoiler:
everyone is losing their memories and not getting out of bed
, but I triggered it right before the summer Harvest Festival. I had to stop playing because my switch needed to recharge, but I want to know if I have to beat the next dungeon before I can have the festival. I have some saves beforehand so I can go back if I need to, but I'd rather not have to rush through a dungeon just so I can do the festival, especially if I don't have to.
Spoiler:
Sadly, the answer is most likely yes. While I never experienced a festival during that point of the plot, I think I recall not being able to gift villagers, or buy anything from the stores. In other words, their schedules are pretty much wake up, sit at table depressed for 16 hours, sleep.
Since it's the harvest festival, I'm not sure if Simone would be able to accept an entry since her response is going to be a "..." and the townsfolk are too mopey to take any gifts in this state.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Ah, you are about to my most unfavorite dungeon in the game! I agree it would probably interfere with the festival, though I didn't have one going on at the time either. If you have a prior save, I would try reloading it and doing the festival and whatever else you want to do before triggering it again.
Spoiler:
I tried to rush through it to get everyone back to normal and it still took me a couple game days to try. The saddest part is still getting charged a boatload at the clinic while everyone is zombies! Come on! How is that even a thing! Lots of reloads for me. Also try to bring some good monsters with you if you have them, it helps a lot!
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I’m also at that point in the game. >_< I was truly not expecting that.
Spoiler:
I hate that it interrupts everything so badly! I don’t even really like doing dungeons, I’m just slowly advancing the plot. I haven’t played in two days because I’m going to want to one-shot that, and I’m going to hate it. I crafted a piece of armor that trivialized the last dungeon, so I hope it carries me.
Thanks for the tips on beating it quickly!
Floh
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Hey,
since I haven't had the time starting the game earlier, I just played it for the last days.
I'm on the 9th day of spring in my first year, allready rescued Misasagi and got the mission to bring back some monsters Livia asked for. I also build a monster barn on my dragon.

I took the goblin archer, because I was exploring the forrest and found it by luck, but I can't tame it with the mirror. There is something like a green chain orb around it (I guess it's the catching mechanic of the mirror), but it just keeps breaking free. I do hardly damage to it and it drains my RP very fast, so my question is, when is the right time to do those missions or am I doing anything wrong?

It bothers me to allready accept those missions and not being able to complete them. I played these games since RF1 and I know, how many things work, but I feel even after exploring and fighting way to weak for those one star monster quests. At some points the mission discriptions feel way to inaccurate.

Thanks for the help.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure what mirror you are talking about. The way to catch wanted monsters is to use the seal spell after you've worn them down a bit. Make sure you hold ZL long enough to fully charge the spell. I've also found it helps if they are facing you.
Floh
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

K8sMum wrote:I'm not sure what mirror you are talking about. The way to catch wanted monsters is to use the seal spell after you've worn them down a bit. Make sure you hold ZL long enough to fully charge the spell. I've also found it helps if they are facing you.
Thanks,
I didn't charge the spell and I'm a bit to low. Mixed something up and thought, this was a mirror spell, but I think Livia told me something else with a mirror.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

About locking yourself out of a festival, I got to that point in the story right before a festival too! It's been a while, but I remember on the day of the festival, there was no indication the festival would happen. I was worried I'd be locked out of the festival for the day, but I managed to beat the dungeon and advance the story that morning, and the town went back into "festival mode" with the confetti and music and I got to take part in the festival like normal! I think the festival definitely would've been skipped if I hadn't managed, though...

By the way, apparently the game was patched recently. I noticed the crafting menus now show the recipe level normally. Anybody know what else got changed?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I've kind of lost motivation with continuing the main story after fainting and having to pay all my money at the clinic a few too many times... The combat isn't difficult, but I'm occasionally getting randomly knocked out by dark goblins doing some kind of a ranged attack. Even if my HP is almost full, I die instantly against that attack, and it can come from outside my field of vision. Is there anything I can do to defend against it? I'm still enjoying this game and I'd like to finish it, but this specific enemy seems kind of unfair.