Rune Factory Guide Released! Version .25 (update Aug 31/06)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Myah-san
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Rune Factory Guide Thread
Thanks again goes to Cher. Since she has fixed up the site again I can now upload things so I can once again post the link to my guide ^_^

What's done in V.25:
How to use the guide
The characters
The town
Starting a new game and all the options there
The menus (more or less)
Almost every store done
Ruins/caves guides (started, will do more in-depth stuff later)
Marriage requirements for all the girls we currently know.
Where to get all the tools
How to get into each cave/ruin

What's not done:
Ivan's store and Sarah's fish store.
Seasonal inventory for a couple stores.
Monster and boss strategies*

*big items that will take the most time. The only one on priority right now is stores and their options

What might be added later:
What the girls like/dislike
Where everyone is during different times/raining/etc
selling guide.
Any suggestions/comments/etc feel free to post in this thread.

(edit) Besides losing a good portion of this thread, I can't seem to access my guide on this site anymore, so untill things are put back to normal on the site the guide will be done for the time being ^_^ Sorry for the inconveniance.

I'm hijacking my own thread and making this the thread where my unofficial translation faq/general faq will go. Gathering up all the info I need right now... actually writing a whole lot of « Puppy Doodoo » for it <_< So much prework goes into these types of guides before you get into the meat. Anyways, expect the first version of the guide up in a few days... Unlike my first guide where I worked up a proper guide then started filling, I'm just using my old guide as a basic outline as I go (so it has similar pacing but requires me to plan out less ^_^;; that's sure to bite me in the butt later when I have to reorganize it)

I'll continue to answer random questions while I work on the guide and if anyone wants to make any comments on what I should do differently with this guide then I did for the sprite station one please do so sooner versus later, cause once later comes around I may not be updating my guide on a regular basis ^_^;; Just like my last one, I definitely want to get as much info required together for the first year at least before I slow down on it

Why is it specifically Myah's Rune Factory thread? Well... cause Myah has rune factory, and there is no rune factory specific forum, so I need somewhere to flaunt my ownership. I'll try to answer questions, but know I'm busy... and I mean really busy lately... Poor Final Fantasy 3 came in a day earlier and it's already on the back burner to Rune Factory.

(update):
After 3pm a bath house opens, you can go to it once a day for 10G. Doing so restores your rune points to full

If an entire seed batch (9 squares) of seeds grows evenly, then one of them will have a blue dot that restores 25 rune points when you grab it.

The first cave is unlocked after you have a sword and plow the field 100 times then talk to the Elder (got this info from gamefaqs, they called him the mayor but I'm not sure if he's actually the mayor or now)

The first mine is tough as heck... The monsters do 30+ damage per hit.. I do about 5-6 with my sword. If you run out of HP you die... like die die. Game over die. No being sent back to your house with a stern warning. Though when you die, in an amage to nearly every RPG when you die and you just see a sword stuck in the ground, in Rune Factory your sword is sticking out of an onion.

*update again* Hooray! I figured out I'm supposed to destroy the machines that are releasing the monsters. There appear to be places to plant crops, and rocks to mine in the caves, but alas, I have no hammer -_- No idea where to get one yet besides the battle hammer which is 2400 gold or something like that. I also got the kikai radar (machine radar), but I'm not sure how to work it as it just makes beeps when I use it.

General info:
(update) Time runs about half the speed of FoMT, that is to say days last twice as long. This is probably so you have plenty of time to explore caves and the runes. ^_^ Not sure as I can't access them yet. Time does not pass while you're indoors.

The game features 2 saves which you pick at the start of the game. Once you pick a save slot, there is no way to save in the other slot (that I know of).

You can not start the game as Mist, that means there will probably be a girl version of Rune Factory at some point

There is a 3 minute long full anime cut scene with some very nice music at the start of the game

All the characters have voice actors, but they don't speak many of their lines and even the lines they do speak, they may not speak completely.

This game is very pretty.

http://rapidshare.de/files/30076665/Run ... c.zip.html <--- opening song, the song in your farm house, and (what I assume to be) the spring song for your farm. Recorded with my microphone so they aren't the best quality but they are still nice ^_^

No I don't have my DS setup to take pictures right now... it's a lot of work and I just got the game so I'm going to enjoy just playing it on my couch <_<

Did I mention this game is pretty? Well the character models are a little clumbsy... but the game is pretty~

I got a beating stick from a villager (Sara I believe) with which I can beat things with. Can also hoe things to death.

First impression: Fun, unique, and pretty. More indepth impressions later... after a few more hours of uninterupted play (or until my battery dies)

(update) Controls:
A: Check things, pick things up
B: Use primary tool, drops item if you are holding something
X: use secondary tool, also puts items into bag if you are holding something
Y: <_< Not really sure
Select: Turns guide square on/off
Start: opens menu
R: Hold while pressing a direction to run
L: Used in conjunction with other buttons
L+A: Select item you can hold from your pack
L+B: Select primary tool
L+X: Select secondary tool
L+Select: Create snapshot (this is weird, explained more below)

After you take a screen shot (which you can do anywhere except in dialogue menus) you then have the ability to go into your house and click on the picture frame. The screen shot will appear and you'll be given a MS paint style image editor so you can scribble notes, or just doodle on it for no real reason. As far as I can tell there is one screenshot slot per save.
Last edited by Myah-san on Aug 31, 2006 2:17 pm, edited 16 times in total.
dreamers
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

i have the game too. i love the opening intro. it's great. i also agree about the character models. it isn't the best. but it's a great game never the less.
shadowrancher
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Sounds fun~ Though I don't know if I'm thinking the beating part is fun.. Oh well. ^_^ No need to hurry with things. It's your game. Enjoy it.
Soni12
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

i really need a DS......i still hav to get this game (when does it come out in english) and HM:DS.

...u can hoe things to death and you can get a beating stick...this game is gonna be fun :twisted:
Myah-san
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

soni12 wrote:i really need a DS......i still hav to get this game (when does it come out in english) and HM:DS.

...u can hoe things to death and you can get a beating stick...this game is gonna be fun :twisted:
There are no announced plans on releasing it stateside. I wouldn't expect an announcement to be made till sometime after HM:DS is released.
Tsuruka
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

OMG BEATING STICK! =0

Now I really am going to get this game. XD

And Paku Romi does Laguna's voice. <3 She's one of my two favorite voice actresses. Now if we could just get Ai Maeda in here somewhere... *shifty eyes*
Richy
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Nice, I like the review. I'm getting the game this 24th. -_- I have to wait at least 4 more days.. damn I have a question though. You said you can beat things to death, does it do damage points or do you have to hit whatever it is a certain amount of times? (I know, weird question)
Myah-san
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Richy wrote:Nice, I like the review. I'm getting the game this 24th. -_- I have to wait at least 4 more days.. damn I have a question though. You said you can beat things to death, does it do damage points or do you have to hit whatever it is a certain amount of times? (I know, weird question)
Not weird. When you fight things and you hit them the damage appears below them in a similar style to Secret of Mana. In fact you can hold and charge your weapons before attacking much like SoM. Not that the compat systems are in any way identical.
zecow
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

How do you have it if Play-Asia and Lik-Sang say its not released until the 24th?

-still wants Innocent Life-
Myah-san
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Like all games, dates aren't set. There are official release dates, that is the day the game is supposed to be shipped, or the day the game is supposed to be on the shelves. Many stores still put out games a few days early if they can get away with it. It almost guarantees their stock will be sold out before someone elses. Of course companies will try and put a hamper on it, but they'll never be able to stop it completely.

I'll try and fix my webcam or digi cam and take some snapshots... I don't feel like the hassle of hooking up my DS to my PC... it requires taking off the case and resoldering... Not even sure if it's worth the effort to keep doing it because sooner or later I'm going to kill this poor DS <_< though it would give me an excuse to get a DS lite...
Soni12
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

you farm in this game too so you have crops and animals like fomt right.and do u upgrade your house (and tools) and buy can stuff at stores (food,animal) too right :?
Richy
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Myah-san wrote:
Richy wrote:Nice, I like the review. I'm getting the game this 24th. -_- I have to wait at least 4 more days.. damn I have a question though. You said you can beat things to death, does it do damage points or do you have to hit whatever it is a certain amount of times? (I know, weird question)
Not weird. When you fight things and you hit them the damage appears below them in a similar style to Secret of Mana. In fact you can hold and charge your weapons before attacking much like SoM. Not that the compat systems are in any way identical.
Oh, it seems cool. I've never actually played Secret of Mana but I know what you mean. Holding and charging the weapon kind of reminds me of Fable when charging the bow o_o
Myah-san
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

soni12 wrote:you farm in this game too so you have crops and animals like fomt right.and do u upgrade your house (and tools) and buy can stuff at stores (food,animal) too right :?
I'm not sure about animals... I haven't found a shop that sells any so far, but those options may not appear till you have a barn. There is definitely fodder and I can buy eggs, and eggs have to come from somewhere.

Yes you upgrade your tools, and I believe you upgrade your house... Though your house is quite huge for a starting house. Plenty of room to buy things to put into it.

There are makers in this game, just not sure how many. I saw at the very least an option to buy a seed maker and 2 others. Honestly didn't pay too much attention <_< trying to enjoy the game for awhile.

I found the WiFi options for the game, but I have no one to test it with yet -_-

I have a sword, but I'm not sure how to get into the mines... The theory I saw on gamefaqs was talking to the Mayor after you got a sword... no go there. I also still haven't found where to get the hammer or scythe. Scythe isn't too big of a deal cause you can always pull weeds, or even use your sword ala Link.
Popuri Adorer12
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Hope this isn't a dumb question, but can you get married in it like other HM games?
Thejellofarmer
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Popuri Adorer12 wrote:Hope this isn't a dumb question, but can you get married in it like other HM games?
There's a sticky at the top >.> you could've read it.

http://www.fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?t=31536

Yes you can.