Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 24, 2020 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Myah-san
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 26, 2006 3:50 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yeah definitely won't be able to tonight. I have plans and besides I'm sure you'll want to take some time to actually play and enjoy the game a bit before I use you as my wifi guinea pig. Heh not like that section of the guide needs to be done right now anyways, have quite a bit of other parts to write up first. *took the day off from writing~* I did make some fixes to the sections I already made, but they aren't worth uploading by themselves.

(update) Version .10 of the guide is up. I finished the (argueably) most important store that needs translation, that being the general store where you purchase all your seeds. Also did the clinic which is important for healign status ailments and buying fertilizer. Next version will have the weapon/upgrade shop added to the list.

(update 2) Version .15 is up. I finished most of the rest of the stores, added more to the certificates/books page, and fixed a few errors here and there.

(update 3) Shameless no additional postcount secret bump technique to keep this on the first page for everyone that's just gotten rune factory!

Thejellofarmer
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2006 12:41 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Myah-san wrote:
(update 3) Shameless no additional postcount secret bump technique to keep this on the first page for everyone that's just gotten rune factory!
Ya but I bump it for you.

Thanks for guide ^_^, needed a guide for if I might get it, I can know stuff.

Myah-san
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2006 3:57 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

TJF: Don't worry about it. I'll bump it again when I finish up the next part... It's just going slow cause I've suddenly become quite addicted to playing the game and taking a break to write something is a pain <_<

Cherubae
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2006 4:42 pm 
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

DAMN GUUURLL GIVE ME THE FISHING POOOLLEEEEEEE

arg arg arg.

Myah-san
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2006 4:46 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Cherubae wrote:
DAMN GUUURLL GIVE ME THE FISHING POOOLLEEEEEEE

arg arg arg.

Are you catching Sara early in the mornings? Like before 7-8ish am? You just talk to her on the pier a couple times and she'll give you the rod. After you do that she won't appear on the pier anymore in the mornings.

<_< Which reminds me... I still need to upgrade my fishing pole and hammer to level 3.

Cherubae
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2006 5:02 pm 
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

She hasn't appeared there yet :lol: maybe it's only on specific days. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I need more 'wild' items to ship so I can buy a spear. I feel gimpy using a sword. Mist came by one day and gave me turnip seeds, then showed up the next day, gave the same text, and gave me another bag of turnip seeds :lol: I dont know if that was intentional or not.

Got my wifi configured on the new ds lite too.

Myah-san
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2006 5:24 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

She did? She only gave me seeds on the first day... Though I have noticed a few other bugs, like occationally after you make an item (can make stuff after the house upgrade) you'll appear above certain things you're supposed to appear below of, like the layering is off.

I got my fishing pole fairly early, probably the second or third day. Honestly I can't use the spear or even the larger swords, they're just too slow (and in the case of the spear, it only attacks straight ahead so it can be a pain to get it centered right on a moving target)

Oddly I can't seem to find where my friend code is in the game. It's probably in some very very easy to spot location that I've just missed ever since I got the game... I only found out the day before yesterday where my money and wood was shown on the menu... for a game that uses the bottom screen for 97% of the gameplay, I think it's a cruel trick to hide the money and wood you have on the top screen in one of the options in the menu.

(edit) What did I tell you? Hidden on that damnable top screen!

2191-2005-5252 if you want to try it later Cher. I can send you a high level ore of some kind if you want some extra cash. ^_^;; about the only thing I can think to send you unless you want some random picture from inside one of the caves.

List of things if you want them (they are mostly stuff I made to raise my level but are too weak for me to use anymore):

Flame Saber (big sword, 25 dmg, 2 strokes)
Wind Sword (regular sword, 12 dmg, 3 strokes)
Onion seed (level 2, will become level 3 with trade)
amethysts (sell for 700G each, if I understand right they'll become level 2 with a trade and thus be worth 1400G each)
sapphire (700G like the amethysts, same deal with leveling)
Gold Ore (have a bunch of level 1's, one level 4, and I've found up to level 11 when mining, sells for 600G X level)

Can also make you a Defender (regular sword, 18 damage, 3 swings, +2 Vit) which is way to low of level for me but I use it anyways cause that's the best sword I can make right now <_< My weapon smithing is level 13, my accessorie smithing is 50 and my character is level 55.

Cherubae
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2006 8:07 pm 
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Well I finally got the fishing pole but it wasn't early morning :lol: I happened to head to the end of the pier to talk to Mei around 2pm, and Sara came up behind me and handed it over.

I'M A FISHING MANIAC! MANIAC!

Myah-san
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2006 9:10 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Argh... have to take a break... I've come quite close to throwing my DS against the wall... In the final cave against the "final" boss... Took a bit of wrangling to get used to his pattern... but not too touch... Till you get him to red, then he kills you nice and fast... You can either stand around him and attack him hoping you kill him before he kills you, or run around like an idiot and hope you can eat enough healing items to keep you alive long enough to hit him one or two shots at a time. Invariably though, both strategies have failed me... So I'm going to try building up my alchemy so I can make a potion that heals more damage, but with only two bottles, it may still not quite be enough -_-

Thejellofarmer
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2006 9:16 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Myah-san wrote:
Argh... have to take a break... I've come quite close to throwing my DS against the wall... In the final cave against the "final" boss... Took a bit of wrangling to get used to his pattern... but not too touch... Till you get him to red, then he kills you nice and fast... You can either stand around him and attack him hoping you kill him before he kills you, or run around like an idiot and hope you can eat enough healing items to keep you alive long enough to hit him one or two shots at a time. Invariably though, both strategies have failed me... So I'm going to try building up my alchemy so I can make a potion that heals more damage, but with only two bottles, it may still not quite be enough -_-
Cant you change your weapon? Try to find a better one.

Myah-san
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 28, 2006 10:15 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

"changing" your weapon isn't the problem... It's being a high enough weapon smith level to make a better one. After a certain point the sword shop owner doesn't make better weapons and you have to make your own.

On a side note... I BEAT THE FINAL BOSS!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!

And wow... the ending is very surprising... If you don't like spoilers I suggest no one read it, and if you do read it and you want to discuss it use small text so as not to spoil anything for those that don't want to see it.

After you defeat the dragon Grimoa, you find out from Linnet (girl with the eyepatch I was talking about before) that an army is approaching to conquer the town. The general is some guy named Zacks, he was trying to use the giant monsters from the ruins and caves to do his bidding, but since you've managed to kill them all, he has decided to stop playing around and is sending an army of tanks. You quickly rush to town and talk to all the villagers. After talking to Godwin (the mayor) Ivan (the unassuming guy who sells things to you on sundays)states that he wants to join you, and you head down to the entrance to the area that Rune Factory takes place in, just in time to see a series of tanks start rolling towards you.

Just as the large army of tanks looks like it's going to steam roll you, Ivan, and Mist... The dragon Grimoa appears again, free of control he quickly puts a stop to the tanks by spraying his breath on them which instantly makes them grow and be covered in various plants and crops. With the tanks disabled Ragna steps forward and makes a big showing and Ezelbad (the general) and his troops run off. It was a sight to behold. Then everyone from town shows up and thanks Ragna. Just when you think it's all over, Ivan leads and heads to the kingdom. I can't quite tell, but since he's being so familiar, I can only assume he's the King's son, or some relation. He then tells the king (Gilbas) about Ezelbad's failed plot to take over.

and then ending credits roll, where everyone's official name in english is displayed. Here they are all listed... and damn his official name is Ragna -_-

I'll post all the official names in a moment. I'm replaying the ending so I can write them down as most of them are different then I'd have liked <_< oh well. Dems the breaks I guess.

(edit)

K just listing the ones I got wrong (and most other people with a shred normalcy in their guesses probably got wrong)

Laguna is actually Ragna
Sharon is actually Shalon
Seshiria is actually Cecilia
Fill is actually Fil (I used Phyll in my guide cause it looked nicer to me <_<)
Zaaha is actually Sacher (o_O No idea how Zaaha = Sacher... but that's what the ending credits call him)
Ann is Anne
Nichol is Nicholl
Noiman is actually Neuman
Kamyu somehow becomes Camus
Linnet is the Mysterious girl I saw in the 4th cave with an eye patch (not sure if she's available, haven't started playing since I beat the game)
Ruudo is Rude (err his name, he isn't actually too rude)
Jacolines is actually Jyacolinus
And Torte is indeed Torte and not Tolte like i had hoped.
Edo is in fact Edo, and not Ed.

*thinks* I think that about covers all the ones that most people weren't sure on.

Cherubae
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 29, 2006 6:57 am 
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Myah-san wrote:
So I'm going to try building up my alchemy so I can make a potion that heals more damage, but with only two bottles, it may still not quite be enough -_-

Did you get the bottle from Mist's house? That's the 1st one I picked up right at the beginning.

Still don't have the 'hammer' tool, but Vil gave me the brush so I could get some love with Bob my long eared goblin guy. Then I was farting around w/ the menus and accidentally set him free :lol:

Mei isn't even in my instruction booklet

Jacaranda
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 29, 2006 8:47 am 
Anonymous Fish

Myah-san wrote:
Laguna is actually Ragna

So... it is Ragna and not Laguna like everyone thought?
*jabs fist into air*

see here if you have no idea what I'm excited about

Myah-san
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2006 1:21 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I got the bottle from Mist house, the bottle in the Jyacolinus' basement, and I managed to get a third bottle from the egg festival (Spring 23rd). You just need a large egg to win it. You get a bottle plus 50,000G for winning it the first time. Not sure what happens every time after.

Oh a little note once you start catching creatures that produce goods... Only the ones that have the "correct" coloring supply things. That is, the giant bees, only the ones that are yellow and black like real bees produce honey. Only the black and white cow monsters produce milk, only the white flying chickens produce eggs, etc etc. I believe the bees are the only monsters with more then one spawn point. The Chicken, cow, and sheep equivalent monsters only have 1 spawn point in the entire game.

Jacaranda: Yes, that is the official romanization of the games... In true Japanese fashion, they've gone all out with "foreign" names thus discarded any rhyme or reason to the katakana they chose. Of course, who knows even now if they are truly official or not as the romanized names in the credits don't match the romanized names that the pictures are given on the website... but I figure of all places this should be considered the most "official" in terms of sources.

UPDATE:

It's been 6 whole days since the last update, but this one should make it mostly worth it as the game should more or less be fully available to someone who reads this last version. It explains how to unlock each caves, how to get past the special locked doors in the caves that have them, added in where to find all the tools, marriage requirements for all the girls we currently know, etc. I'm confident that everything major that's important to just playing and enjoying the game is now in the guide.

So what's left? Actually a heck of a lot of stuff since a lot of the information is just "here's enough to get you through, the rest is up to you." I'd really like to flesh out this guide a bit and make it a full fledged guide (but not a walk through).

The next big step is keeping track of everything Ivan sells on holidays and finish up writing the information for Sarah's store as well as finding out the rest of what the girls require for marriage. After that THEN I'll focus on writing the individual guides for each cave/boss.

Harvest~Princess
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 07, 2006 7:50 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

i may sound really dumb but i don't know which girl is which.....em...could you help with that?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next