IOH Comparison (Up to ToTT)

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
HMDSPrincess919
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Over the past few years I've read many different opinions about the game, and now I want to hear yours. Another thread inspired me to do this since...well this is my least favorite game but I want to hear from others. XD

The main reason I hated this game is because I think it's a bit TOO challenging. Now my teacher made a good point when she said "we only like a challenge when it's easy". However, I don't think this game fits the bill. I felt like some things were way to impossible, things were overpriced, and got SICK of the people leaving. Plus, compared to how easy DS/DS Cute was (after getting the hang of it) this was not a kind transition.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

IoH is one of my favorite DS HM games. I prefer it much more than SI, GrB, and ToTT.

HM DS/DS Cute are also DS HM games I really love. But the style is a lot different from the newer DS games. That's one of the reasons I like it so much. It is like the older HM games for the GBA.

The cast of characters in IoH was great, there was a lot to do, you had a huge field with rocks and weeds, even just getting little things done made you feel accomplished, you really got to improve the island, there were rival couples/marriages/children, yadda yadda.

Sure the game had problems but all HM games do. And I'd much rather deal with the problems in IoH than the problems in the DS games that came after. Of course I still like those games, just not as much.

(Rune Factory games were not considered in this opinion because Rune Factory is a separate series from Harvest Moon. The first RF still counts as HM but I still just don't bother counting it when talking about HM games)
Cherry Blossom
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

I really liked IoH, even if it was a bit challenging.

I always felt accomplished when I cleared my whole field.