Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jul 14, 2020 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Pheonixfire
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2010 9:25 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

this is a huge help, even though I mainly just plant 'em, make sure they get enough water, & harvest 'em. *roflmao* At least now I can get a base price, so I know how much to expect. I remember how much of a PAIN it was for me in the first few years on IoH, & the first year of SI. x.x

andydzman
Post Posted: Jan 22, 2010 2:38 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

hey MoloMowChow, i have a quick thing i think u should add into ur calculations. single item cooking :)

take yams for example. they sell for 100 at a average rank, u turn them into baked yams, available first time from diner, doesnt require any extra ingrediants, and now ur making 237g average. thats over twice as much making these crops rediculiously profitable right?

sito-jaxa
Post Posted: Jan 27, 2010 10:43 am 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Is there a reason all the calculations are based on 8 crops per bag of seeds? 3x3=9...

leebot
Post Posted: Feb 09, 2010 2:47 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

sito-jaxa wrote:
Is there a reason all the calculations are based on 8 crops per bag of seeds? 3x3=9...

Most players get into a habit of doing "Thick C" plots in Harvest Moon games, which is probably the justification, though it isn't always to most efficient. It is, however, the most efficient you can do before you get a red wonderful in the watering can, but that's pretty early in the game. It's also the best for regrowable crops, as you can't harvest the center square without harvest sprite help. (Though what I like to do is start off with a full square, then chop down one of the crops on the side after harvesting it so I can access the middle one.)

sito-jaxa
Post Posted: Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

The red wonderful reasoning I get, but you don't need sprites to harvest the middle crop... You can tap it with the stylus. This is why I'm confused about why calculations are based on 8 crops, I'm assuming if you've unlocked pineapples and such you should have at least one red wonderful, so there should be no reason to need a "thick C" at that point in the game...

Overall it doesn't change the usefulness of the calculations, since they're all calculated the same way.

jinnb
Post Posted: Mar 04, 2010 7:39 am 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

O_o I love you for this - I'm also a perfectionist and did the same thing recently for IoH,but I only calculated the greenhouse rates - since I found there were too many variables growing in season in the feilds..:S
I havn't gotten the game quite yet - mabye tommorow or later today but this will help me lots :D~Although,it's not that much help outside to be honest ;~; with all the variables and whatnot,but I think it's a great glimpse at what a perfect season weather wise would be like..O_O

Melody Muse
Post Posted: May 22, 2010 11:21 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Question: Do you guys find it worth it to leave the crops in the ground to up their size, or find it worth it to harvest the day of so that you can start them regrowing?

Thank you so much for the calculations though, they are a HUGE help. I am so glad to see them up. :D

mlc-neochick-14
Post Posted: Sep 22, 2010 6:37 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

No the only storms are in summer and winter. they are a pain and destroy your crops sometimes. but fall and spring are a pain in the but because of the point system. anyways good luck and try your best to plan ahead.

Ninja Cicada
Post Posted: Mar 27, 2011 1:37 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Wait, all these calculations are for ONE BAG of seeds, so if I plant 6 bags of yams in the fall, that's 62400 G!

TheMegg009
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2011 12:15 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

This is a HUGE help! It helped make super helpfull choices(which crops to grow)!

fireflyflower13
Post Posted: Jun 27, 2011 7:54 am 
Anonymous Fish

Omg how long did that take to calculate all of that? I would never even attempt that :o :shock:

princesszelda
Post Posted: Jul 29, 2011 6:27 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

This guide is absolutely fantastic. Thank you very much. :heart:

Drawxne
Post Posted: Feb 17, 2012 7:26 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I'm very glad that they balanced out yams/sweet potatoes by making them extremely sensitive to rain. In previous games, especially Friends of Mineral Town, they were the most BROKEN crop hands down, since you could be millionaire by the beginning of your first winter by exclusively growing them.

NightSurfer
Post Posted: Jun 09, 2012 6:50 am 
Disabled: User Name Change

Wow. That must've taken ages.

Anon001
Post Posted: Jun 10, 2012 5:24 am 
Anonymous Fish

:?: can you please specify when to water crops? or maybe I misunderstood your guide? :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next