The Official 5-Gifting Guide

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
*Harvest King*
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

In response to all the “What do I give…?” questions I’ve been seeing around Fogu, I have decided to make a topic detailing what to give who in Harvest Moon : Sunshine Islands. Simply refer to this little guide when deciding what to give who to get their 5-gift Sun Stone!

Now, here’s some basic stuff:
~ If an item is eligible towards the 5-gift count, a person must have a :lala: over their head when they accept the gift. Otherwise, it is only a 100 point gift and will NOT count.
~The gifts do NOT have to be given 5 days in a row.
~A person will NOT accept a gift until you have talked to them for 4 or more days. On the 5th and up day, they will accept gifts. If you ignore them for 3 or more days, they will decline your gift again.
~An easy way to bypass this talking to the islanders for 5 days rule is to give a gift to the people on their birthdays. This makes it easier to get you 5 gifts, especially if the people have birthdays early in the year!
~The gift doesn’t have to be worth 300 points; it can be worth 500 or 800 points as well! Generally speaking, however, 300 point gifts will be easier.

***~ I will only list what I believe is the easiest gift to give. There are gifts that are harder to obtain, but will yield more LP/FP. The gifts listed here are the easiest gifts to obtain that will go towards the 5 gift count!***

~If I provide a link to the person, it means Cher has already provided the necessary information to gift those people. The link will take you to the Harvest Moon : Sunshine Islands site.
~I do NOT provide info on Mineral Towners because they do NOT have any Sun Stones to give!
~If you want me to add anything, correct anything, or if you want to help verify the two (???)'s, then feel free to tell me, I take criticism well! =D

Without further ado, the unofficial guide to 5-POINT GIFTING!!!

Mark /Chelsea: These two are the only Villagers, besides the H. Sprite, that don't give out any Sun Stones. Unfortunately, they also have the easiest way of gifting; EVERYTHING you give them is worth 300 points!

Denny: ALL sizes of fish, Curry Powder

Elliot: Bamboo Shoots, Chestnuts, Gelatin, Chocolate

Pierre: Oil, Gelatin, Chestnuts, Blueberries, Seaweed, Bamboo, Chocolate, ALL sizes of Fish, ANY cooked recipe

Shea: All sizes of Fish, Herbs, Bamboo, Blueberries, Chestnuts, Animal
Products

Will: Flowers, All sizes of Fish, Herbs, Blueberries, Bamboo, Chestnuts

Vaughn: Chicken feed, Pet Food, Milk, Mushroom Clusters, Chocolate, Animal Products (specifically Milk!)

Alisa: Gelatin, Blueberry, Chestnut

Julia: Animal Products, Pet Food, Chicken Feed, Flowers, Gelatin

Lanna: Chocolate, All sizes of Fish, Gelatin, Blueberries

Lily: This one is a hard nut to crack; I don’t recommend going after her Stone (or hand in marriage) unless you want to spend BIG bucks. Some things are easier than others to collect, like: Suffolk Wool, Truffles, and Gold Ore. I have heard that it's easiest to befriend the Mice on Animal Island, seeing as they will give you items from the mine INCLUDING Gold Ore for Lily! You could also get a Red Magic Grass from Will on your birthday, but he has to have 7 or more hearts.

Natalie: Blueberries, Blue MagicGrass, Toy Flowers, Gelatin, Chocolate

Sabrina: Flowers, Gelatin, Gems from the mine

Witch Princess : All Herbs (Red Grass specifically)

Taro : All Herbs, All sizes of Fish, Lumber, Any Crop or Animal Product,
Mushrooms, Blueberries, Chestnuts, Bamboo, Pet Food, Chicken Feed

Charlie : Any form of Curry, Gelatin, Blueberries

Chen : Gelatin

Felicia : Flowers, Eggs, GEMS from mine, MOST crops

Mirabelle : Animal Products, Flowers, GEMS from the mines, Pet Food, Animal Food, Lumber, Material Stone

Regis : Gelatin, Gems and Ores from the mine

Gannon : Any form of Lumber, Stone, Branch, Gelatin

Eliza : Flowers, Gelatin

Nathan : All sizes of Fish, Most cooked recipes (he's a big guy, he really only wants dessert!), Gelatin

Witchkins: Any form of Animal Food, Rubber Boots, Poison Mushrooms

Harvest Goddess : Strawberries, Flowers, Crops, Animal Products

Harvest Sprites : These guys don’t have any Sun Stones, so I won’t put up their gifts. However, their Description in the game gives you a pretty good idea of what they do and don’t like. As for the Indigo one, where it says “What Villagers Like”, put him in a house with people that like simple gifts, and give him the same things you would give the villagers!

Wada : All sizes of fish, All Crops

Sub-Villagers

Kirk : Stones, Weeds, Chocolate, All sizes of Fish

Nick/Haila-These guys’ Sun Stones are probably as tricky as Lily’s, though not quite as intense. You have to learn 40 recipes from Nick and 30 Recipes from Haila to get their Sun Stones. Since each can only produce one recipe PER DAY, these Stones will take over a season to receive. After you have learned the last required recipe they will reward you with the stone. RECIPE GUIDE

Carol : All cooked recipes

Martin : All sizes of Fish, Blueberry, Chestnut, Seaweed

Ray : Chocolate, All sizes of Fish, Blueberry, Chestnut, Seaweed

Slater : Anything you can find in the mines EXCEPT for [Junk Ore, Black Herb, and Gelatin], Many Cooked Recipes

Isaac : Anything you can find in the mines EXCEPT for [Junk Ore, Black Herbs, and Gelatin], Flowers
Last edited by *Harvest King* on Mar 09, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 18 times in total.
lemo_the_lemon
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Peirre: Oil, it's easier

Vaughn: Mushroom Clusters

Lily: Get the mice up and they'll eventually bring you Gold.

Charli: Gelatin

Chen: Gelatin

Witchkin: Poison mushrooms

-thumbs up- This isn't bad. HOWEVER. I do not beleive Mar/Chelsea give a 5 300FP gift sunstone.
*Harvest King*
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Thanks! I'll add that stuff to the list right away! =D
lemo_the_lemon
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Cool :D

Just checked the sunstone list, and Mark/Chels definately DO NOT give 5 gift sunstones :C
*Harvest King*
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

ooh, I'll add that in. I thought they did... Oh well! Thanks again!
lemo_the_lemon
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

All good XD I know I had a tough time finding gifts for everyone (I have all the people sunstones except for the fishermens, Carol's and Halia's 2 heart lol)
*Harvest King*
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

lol, I know, right? I felt the same way!
lemo_the_lemon
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks « Harvest Goddess » for geletin though XD But damn I having a hard time getting Halia's FP up >___< since all I can do it buy food from her and all her food sucks..
Gosalyne
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

From what I found in my game:

Cliff: Chocolate
Popouri: Chocolate, Eggs
Karen: Eggs, Diamonds
Dr Trent: Colored Grass
lasse4eva
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Thank Gaaad someone has finally come to my aid. :heart:
i've been having trouble with the main villagers for sometime now...
basher11
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

doesn't nathan count? [the guy in the church?]
pink_polka234
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Pierre will also take gelatin
lossoldier
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

pink_polka234 wrote:Pierre will also take gelatin
and every recipe ingredient( chestnut, blueberry, and i also think bamboo shoots).
Mizukii
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Helpfull, thankies :)
haloharvestmoon
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pierre also likes that stuff you get off the rock near the beach on sprout island. I thinks it's seaweed..?