Warning Glitches List.

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
the Silent Mistress
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I want everyone to post glitches they found that mess up the game for them so that others (like myself) will be able to avoid them.

The only glitch I'm aware of is the, what I have dub, "Dog Invisibility Glitch."

What happens: Your dog vanishes into thin air, but it still says that he is in the stable on the map and no matter how hard you look you can't find him.

How did this happen: I took my dog with me to a new island and he vanish when I got there. I think it happen because the welcome-to-the-new-island cutscene was not program to handle the prospect of the player taking their dog along with them. So it just flat out deleted him from existence, even though the map still says he is alive.

I've had my game suddenly decide to delete itself one time, but I don't know what exactly caused that to happen.
Cherry Blossom
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

My cow got stuck in a wall once. O_o
I'm pretty sure that's a glitch.
But it just happened randomly, sooooooo...
EpicSauceMoon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Uhhhhhh....
My husband looks weird while sleeping?
Lol I haven't encountered any glitches...
zoko
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

EpicSauceMoon wrote:Uhhhhhh....
My husband looks weird while sleeping?
Lol I haven't encountered any glitches...

That happen to me once but I find it cute
chocolatechip
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

The only glitch I'm aware of is the one that happens to Vaughn after the stary night festival. He doesnt leave the animal shop and wont accept gifts for a week.
However, I've never had it happen to me, but I know it can happen.
Lenny
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Wow... poor dog :(
Anyway thanks for the warning :) Fortunately I still haven't encountered any glitches
Veggie Angel
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Beware of the Harvest Goddess in the Mine.

If you go to floor 255 in the mine two days in a row and the first time you arrive after midnight the second time you arrive before midnight, the second time you arrive the Harvest Goddess will tell you that you already celebrated this achievement and come back tomorrow. DO NOT SAVE.
Reload your game and go to the surface.

If you save you will never get another wonderful from the Harvest Goddess in the mine. You will only get the message that you already celebrated this today and to come back tomorrow.

It was lucky that it was late in the game for me because it happened to me in year 5.
Eaglestar51
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

One time, I could run through the black background around the pet stable (when your on the inside) and it was completely harmless.

*Sorry to those of you who are going to get mad at me for posting on this more 10 days after its origonal post date. The glitch was discovered by me recently and I wanted to share it*
Melian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

The thing that happened to my file is probably a glitch. One day I arrived at Mushroom Islands, everything looked normal, and when I entered the little shack my pig wasn't there. It was never seen again and now has 0 hearts :(

I have no idea why this happened.
Veggie Angel
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Melian wrote:The thing that happened to my file is probably a glitch. One day I arrived at Mushroom Islands, everything looked normal, and when I entered the little shack my pig wasn't there. It was never seen again and now has 0 hearts :(

I have no idea why this happened.
Have you tried walking near the bushes while holding up a blueberry? The pig always comes running when I have a blueberry nearby it.
Melian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'll try that, but I don't believe it will work. I don't remember if you can see the image of the pig when you go to the Mushroom Island, but I know that after he disappeared I can't...
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

One glitch I've encountered was when my cow magically became one with the wall. Didn't effect me that much and she returned to normal a day later. Another one that happened was when I raised Sunny Island and the credits started to roll, the game froze when Wada tried to walk across the screen. I fixed it by raising Sunny Island on a NON festival day and it worked fine. Other than those two, nothing major.
Melian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Just to let you know, the blueberry bait didn't work :(

Thanks anyway, Veggie Angel.
carebear9788
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

If i do the petting game, Often my game'll freeze. Any extra milking game. Also, I THINK if i remember right, If i walk in the coop, Sometimes it'll freeze.
purplily
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

i know this really doesn't relate to this SI game, but the original DS one had a ton of glitches too. Like, whenever i went to my house, it would sometimes black out the bottom screen black(or top i dont remember) and couldn't see myself. i had to find my way back outside blind. Then one time, i was jumped on my horse to ride on it but i rode on nothing like my horse was invisible. it was freaky... then here's a big one. i looked up this cheat to get L milk from cows by brushing it really fast then quickly milk your cow. but i really didn't understand the little note on the bottom that said something like "this has been illegal to 'bla de bla" countries and would cause a disturbance in your game". and it did one day. my file froze on me and then soon it did the same thing to my sis. for yrs my sis had been mad at me for destroying her game until she figured out she could do a new game. and Now she's going much faster pace! (she's still mad at me -_- but she also destroyed my game acww like permenately) So... sorry if i was off topic. i dont know if i had any glitches or not on SI. i havent been playing for that long and i kinda stopped cuz i got bored. but glitches could happen!
Don't you just hate glitches?
Noodles! :wink: