Concerning Time...

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Time passes so quickly in this game and it's such a big turnoff for me that I haven't played this game in years. Thing is, I'd really like to come back and play it since it was my first HM game (excluding RF).

The thing I'm most worried about is having the candidates with rivals fall in love while I'm using up all my time farming instead of wooing them. With how much time it takes me to water my crops in the morning, I end up in the late-afternoon hours foraging for blueberries to give to Natalie. I end up reducing how much I plant so I have more time to go forage and therefore I've never had more than 50,000 G at a time in this game.

Does anyone have any tips on how to stay on top of wooing the candidates, while also being able to bring in a profit?

Also, off-topic, but I've been looking at the guide to review myself before I get into this game again I've been reminded about how much the weather system SUCKS.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Omg it has been a while for me as well.......from what I remember I married Elliott and he likes crops that you grow. With his sister I guess you can just save what she likes and ship everything else for money. I fished for cash.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Chances are you'll lose interest in the game before the rivals even start marrying.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

iirc if you don't befriend your rivals, they won't make a move

i resorted to cheating my stamina and hunger just to make this game enjoyable, not sorry at all

when i started out, i let the seaweed max it's stats before i ship it off

what turned me off was the crashes you can have if you have a full field with your livestock outside (this happened to me still even without cheats)
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:iirc if you don't befriend your rivals, they won't make a move]
Nah the events occur if you haven't wooed the marriage candidate by a certain time. You're thinking of Animal Parade.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Tiptoze wrote: Nah the events occur if you haven't wooed the marriage candidate by a certain time. You're thinking of Animal Parade.
ooh dang, that sucks

gotta go gung-ho to wooing then :S
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Tiptoze wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:iirc if you don't befriend your rivals, they won't make a move]
Nah the events occur if you haven't wooed the marriage candidate by a certain time. You're thinking of Animal Parade.
Actually, they're correct. If you don't befriend them, they won't trigger their rival events and get married until after your marriage. Know this because I played SI for 25 game years.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:Actually, they're correct. If you don't befriend them, they won't trigger their rival events and get married until after your marriage. Know this because I played SI for 25 game years.
Really?! The guide makes it sounds more like it depends on the marriage candidate...
For example, if you were playing as the boy character, you are not married, and Sabrina is at a purple heart color, then you can not see the black rival event if you haven't done so already! Sabrina would need to be at a black heart color for the black rival event with Vaughn to be viewable. She would also need to be at a black, purple, blue, or green heart color in order for you to see their second rival event.
In Sunshine Islands, you must wait until you have reached your second year before you can see the first rival event. This gives players a whole year to work on raising the marriage candidate's heart color to above black. If the heart color is not black, then the Black Rival event can't trigger.
But I'll take your word for it, they should add that information to the guide.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I tend to ignore people besides Elliott when I played. After you're married, the rival events will trigger regardless, and hello random wedding dates. I think I had two weddings back to back lol
theboysareback
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I did the exact same thing as Shan, except I gave Elliot foraging items- berries and chestnuts, haha. I also married ...gosh, I think her name was Julia? I gave her lots of eggs if I remember, and those are a dime a dozen. I always go after the candidates that have easy to get, cheap items.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Hey buddy I see you're new here (always nice to see new members!) and I just wanted to let you know that after there's been no reply in a topic for 10 days (30 days for topics in the back fence/posting games sections) it's considered dead and you shouldn't reply to it anymore. I've been called out for it before, so learn from my mistakes, yeah?

But since you're revived the conversation, I'd have to say I'm the total opposite. I always want to go after the challenging ones.
theboysareback
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Tiptoze wrote:Hey buddy I see you're new here (always nice to see new members!) and I just wanted to let you know that after there's been no reply in a topic for 10 days (30 days for topics in the back fence/posting games sections) it's considered dead and you shouldn't reply to it anymore. I've been called out for it before, so learn from my mistakes, yeah?

But since you're revived the conversation, I'd have to say I'm the total opposite. I always want to go after the challenging ones.
Shoot, sorry. I know that rule but I'm rusty and forgot to look at the date.