is the sos poot guide finished ?

For comments about the UNoT website and its player guides.
nightshade2010
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I was looking at the guide and i wondered if it was finished or is there going to be more as time passes ... thanks
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's not finished. It really can't be any time soon. Even under good conditions, it takes Cherubae a year to complete a guide (that's how long it took to complete Trio of Town's guide including the shop inventory pages and everything), and it's only been a month since the Japanese release, plus One World was released at the same time, which she started working on first. (She's already made a walkthrough for the storyline of One World.)

If things go smoothly it'll probably be done spring of next year. We actually were chatting about this (and Cherubae chimed in on this thread too) pre-release, since I knew it took a year to complete a guide, having followed every twitch and turn of the completion of Trio's guide, and I knew there was nooooo way we'd have a guide in English for Olive Town due to how close together the JP and EN releases were. (That's why I made that thread.)
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

What is the time consuming part, of putting up a game guide?

(is a country bumpkin from Illinois)
Sir Stardust
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Keeping up with a day job and gardening, playing the game, taking notes and compiling information, arranging it in an aesthetically pleasing manner, making sure that last picture you uploaded doesn’t screw over the layout of your page and break it and make everything else stop working... (That last one may or may not be from personal experience. :shifty:)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's all time-consuming, lol. Cherubae has a full-time job and making the guides is only one of the hobbies she does in her spare time. Shop inventories are often the last thing to be finished...I know they were on the Trio guide...perhaps they take the MOST time, or are the most fiddly, or the least available. But I don't know for sure how all the pages of information rank in terms of time-taken-to-complete. I don't know what she uses to do it, but formatting can be problematic when posting information to the internet...it can take a lot of time to make things look nicely organized and attractive. It takes a long time to get all that information while making sure it's reliable, too.

The only thing that probably doesn't take a lot of time is when she makes small corrections to pre-existing pages, like correcting a typo or minor bit of incorrect or updated info, etc.
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Okay, would/does she have an assistant that helps her manage this site? Or does she want to do things alone?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

She makes the guides alone, using her own playing experience, experience from other players gleaned from the internet or direct feedback, and sometimes from Japanese guidebooks. This forum is managed by moderators, of which there are currently 5, including Cherubae. So she has 4 people helping her ward off choas within the message forum. Though I think it's really only 3 since I have never seen samurai goroh in all the years I've been here. (I suppose they could still be playing some hidden role, though, that doesn't involve ever actually posting on the forum.)
Madame Madie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sam doesn't talk much, they work behind the scenes to keep order.

Most of us Mods have full time jobs so we don't blether too much on the forum now adays lol.