Avatar picture and picture for signature help

For comments about the UNoT website and its player guides.
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

i found a pictute on google a want to use for my avitar and possibiliy my sig but its too big. can someone crop it for me? or like, find a smaller version of the picture?
thanks so much.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sure. Where is it?
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Ahhhh Sorry for the late reply! ive been at work irl all week..
what i typed into google was:
Harvest Moon Skye Fanart
it is the picture of Skye with a cow and sheep in the picture. he is leaning down in it.
it was the first picture that popped up when i typed it. so should be on first page of images.

Thank u SO much btw! :heart:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay; that looks like it might be fanart rather than in-game art. I'm not sure, but if it is, it's best to ask permission to use it, first, and/or to somehow include artist credit, either on the avatar or in your signature (see my signature, for example.) I didn't offhand see any artist credits, but if there is, that's ideal.

Fogu avatars are 150 x 150, so that's how I sized this. I can change the crop content a little, but I can never really get both the sheep an the cow in. Since the sheep isn't facing forward, I went with the cow, but I can change it. This image is arranged in such a way a to not make for a very good signature image, since they are 500 x 200.

Here it is. Let me know if you need additions or changes. I can decrease the contrast on Skye's face, though the overall image is less crisp that way. (The cow would look more grey, for example.)

♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Ah thats perfect! thank you!
i think the picture was by someone on pinterest.
not sure who, but i will say in my sig:

' image from pinterest! i dont take credit for it'
should that be ok ?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You're welcome. :) Yeah, since I didn't find any credits...no name or site to put down...I guess that's the best you can do. I also was unable to get permission to use mine, as the place I got it was Japanese, and the account was defunct by 5 years. Luckily someone here who could read Japanese was kind enough to ferret out their artist account name, so I just used that and linked the source so it would be clear where the image had come from.