Another question regarding rival events

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Steve
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hey guys, long-time player of HM:GB (winter of year 5 in-game, had it since 2013). Reading through the guide regarding rival events gave me a question:

I have been married to Freya for 2.5 in-game years (since Summer 9, Y3), and we have a daughter together, who just "woke up" as I call it (graduated to toddler stage) a couple of weeks ago; for the past few in-game months I have been giving Freya a bad gift, such as an empty can, each day in order to decrease our friendship (and let's be honest, her orange heart post-marriage line annoyed the heck out of me every time I saw it). The guide states that one's friendship level has to be at or below the designated rival event's heart colour for the event to be able to be triggered; as such, the Yellow Rival Event can be viewed only if your heart colour with the applicable marriage candidate is yellow or below. My question is as follows: provided that I get my wife's friendship levels low enough, will I still be able to see her and Ivan's rival events?

Any and all relevant information is much appreciated. :)
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Once you marry someone, you are locked out of seeing their rival events.

Edit: Whoops, just noticed when this was posted.