Would you recommend this game?

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Would you recommend this game as a filler while I wait for my 3DS? Or any of the other handhelds I haven't played. (I have ToTT and DSCute already)
Ranranhinotori
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Yes and no, in my opinion. I liked some parts about the game like being in charge of a stall in the bazaar but I didn't like a few parts about it, I didn't like that it was a game of chance that the other stalls had what you needed that day or not. Also my game was glitched so that might be why I didn't like it much
luph n joii
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Not really. I'd recommend it to those who are new to HM or a hardcore HM fans. GrB is really easy and I don't like the characters that much because they are boring. Shipping bin is absent in this game; you have to sell your stuff at the weekly bazaar. If you like to hoard a lot of things like me, you probably will have storage problem since I always run out of spaces pretty quickly and I can't sell anything until the next bazaar (or you can sell them at stores with cheaper price).

If you like playing as a boy, go grab HMDS (tbh, it doesn't have much different with Cute) or SI if you're up to challenge a little bit. IoH can be fun if you can overlook the poor control (stylus only) which can be tedious at times, but the characters are more interesting than in SI imho.

If you have PSP, definitely get HoLV. You can only play as male and also can't have child, but I think it's a really good game otherwise.
Miss JB
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I would recommend it 100%, I have played it for over 5 years, it was my first harevst moon game and one of my first Nintendo games too! It is a very good game, but it is hard to find these days, I know that everyone will love this game if you really get to play it.
Contributor
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

It is addicting, but-in winter especially-you can get bored easily, and there is not much you can do about that.
blue_wysteria
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

What I really love about this game compared to others in the series is that it's truly casual. While there is the little additional consideration that you need to play a whole day at a time, this game really comes pretty set up from the start... Your house has a kitchen, bath, restroom, and a barn for animals. With the Bazaar happening only one day per week, really anything you're doing to make money is a right step. With other entries in the series I would get sucked into these crazy complicated routines to support crazy game goals and if I left it for a week I would come back like ?????? .... leave Story of Seasons : Trio of Towns or Harvest Moon DS for a year and man oh man, you basically have to start over again....

Grand Bazaar isn't like that, you can pick it up right back where you left off.
Ida
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

This thread exceeds the 10 day limit as noted in the rules and will be locked.