Festival question

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
Turnip Scum88
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

K so, not to seem lazy but can I buy a dish from a restaurant and then enter it in the cooking festival? I'm in the first year and am still having a hard time collecting the proper ingredients. I guess I could try but I don't want the other villagers to judge me too harshly... Just wanted to see if anyone has tried it yet.
:?:
:(
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Turnip Scum88 wrote:K so, not to seem lazy but can I buy a dish from a restaurant and then enter it in the cooking festival? I'm in the first year and am still having a hard time collecting the proper ingredients. I guess I could try but I don't want the other villagers to judge me too harshly... Just wanted to see if anyone has tried it yet.
:?:
:(
Yes, you can buy and enter dishes from either Yuns or Howard's Cafés. It not really cheating or anything it's just there for you to use cause that what I did throughout my gameplay.
;)
frans4life
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

sacrilege, jk yeah anything that's above not so fresh (fairly fresh, super fresh) and is in the category you can enter. because howard and yun are cheapskates regardless of the dish pierre will only give you a '...' ranking, one step above failed dish. you can also just not go to the festival if you want, but it's really fast for building friendship as i think you get 1000 FP with your villages team and watchers, ie 1/10 of the little flowers at the side of the dialouge box. https://fogu.com/hm10/basics/friendship_levels.php entering your own made dishes (presumably higher quality than howard or yuns) you fill the hearts the harvest godess shows u quicker, so open the tunnel and it just makes things a whole lot easier. also, if you submit a high quality dish (ingredients are important not just star rating) your village is more likely to win, you can get sweet prizes such as free 6 page carts, free 7 page carts (they're heavy tho) and an assortment of rare jewels (adamandite at 3+ hearts, ~6000 gold each) or diamonds 10 hearts which i never sell. yeet, sorry if u already know this.