Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

   * Search  * Register
It is currently Aug 14, 2018 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
norelationstojfk
Post Posted: Oct 03, 2011 12:28 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

User avatar
Posts: 263

Offline
omgwtfdoublepost :roll:


Last edited by norelationstojfk on Oct 05, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
 
marzipancakes
Post Posted: Oct 03, 2011 1:29 pm 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

User avatar
Posts: 454

Offline
norelationstojfk wrote:
marzipancakes wrote:
Yes finally! This should be stickied. :)


I wish it could be stickied :( but I'm not sure who to ask for that. For now the next best thing is to keep the link in my signature and post around so people can see it.


Probably just ask one of the mods. o:
Until then, let's keep it on the first page!
 
 
Penthesileia
Post Posted: Oct 03, 2011 4:34 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

User avatar
Posts: 70

Offline
Amazing guide! Thank you so much!
I thought I was fishing in the wrong spot for small eels, but this helps confirm that they're just very efficient at avoiding me.
 
 
Shiya64
Post Posted: Oct 03, 2011 8:36 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Botch Snakehead can also be caught in spring, not just Fall.

Day: Spring 28
Time: 8:13 PM
Weather: Sunny / Rainy
Rod: Fishing Rod
Place: Konohana River
Fish: Botch Snakehead

and If I catch a mackerel I'll let you know. :)
 
 
Shiya64
Post Posted: Oct 03, 2011 8:38 pm 
Anonymous Fish

hehheh "blotch" not botch.

oops. :)
 
 
Shiya64
Post Posted: Oct 04, 2011 4:07 am 
Anonymous Fish

yeesh, sorry for the spam... :o

guess not having an edit button is part of being anonymous?

first, the in-game description for blotch snakehead mentions it being spring, summer, and fall. whether that's actually true, well, I'll believe it only when I see it.

Day: Summer 8
Time: Night (around 9 PM I think)
Weather: Typhoon
Rod: Master Rod
Place: Konohana Waterfall (Upper)
Fish: Large Eel (caught 2, and btw the in-game description says spring. how very reliable... :roll: )
 
 
norelationstojfk
Post Posted: Oct 04, 2011 7:15 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

User avatar
Posts: 263

Offline
Shiya64 wrote:
yeesh, sorry for the spam... :o

guess not having an edit button is part of being anonymous?

first, the in-game description for blotch snakehead mentions it being spring, summer, and fall. whether that's actually true, well, I'll believe it only when I see it.

Day: Summer 8
Time: Night (around 9 PM I think)
Weather: Typhoon
Rod: Master Rod
Place: Konohana Waterfall (Upper)
Fish: Large Eel (caught 2, and btw the in-game description says spring. how very reliable... :roll: )


Constructive spam is not minded at all, especially in your case...do whatever you can to keep this on the first page :lol:

But I figure that the in game descriptions are not always 100% accurate, but most of them are correct.

I'll be putting in all the new and corrected data later today.
 
 
Rina
Post Posted: Oct 04, 2011 7:18 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

User avatar
Posts: 920

Offline
Ahhhh this really helps me thanks ;w;
 
 
Lucaspontes
Post Posted: Oct 04, 2011 11:15 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1049

Offline
I was looking at a japanese guide (http://wiki.gamepit.jp/futago/index.php ... 3%E3%82%8A), and I found something interesting:

池(山3) / サバ / 冬(大雪)

It means:

Bluebell Pond / Mackerel / Winter (blizzard)

If someone is at Winter, could they please check that?
 
 
norelationstojfk
Post Posted: Oct 04, 2011 3:00 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

User avatar
Posts: 263

Offline
Lucaspontes wrote:
I was looking at a japanese guide (http://wiki.gamepit.jp/futago/index.php ... 3%E3%82%8A), and I found something interesting:

池(山3) / サバ / 冬(大雪)

It means:

Bluebell Pond / Mackerel / Winter (blizzard)

If someone is at Winter, could they please check that?


Yeah, that's what I looked at to fill in most of the information, but Google translate didn't give me that. Here's the thing with the ocean fish, the Japanese Wiki listed many of those fish that people here reported to be caught in summer as only caught in winter, and vice versa. I'm running under the assumption that all the ocean fish can be caught in a storm, whether it be a Summer Typhoon, or a Winter Blizzard.
 
 
Lunadora
Post Posted: Oct 04, 2011 3:12 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1828

Offline
on GrB guide the ocean fish can be found on both seasons (winter and summer), as long as there is a storm. I think they would keep this on this game too.
 
 
Lucaspontes
Post Posted: Oct 04, 2011 3:18 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1049

Offline
norelationstojfk wrote:
Lucaspontes wrote:
I was looking at a japanese guide (http://wiki.gamepit.jp/futago/index.php ... 3%E3%82%8A), and I found something interesting:

池(山3) / サバ / 冬(大雪)

It means:

Bluebell Pond / Mackerel / Winter (blizzard)

If someone is at Winter, could they please check that?


Yeah, that's what I looked at to fill in most of the information, but Google translate didn't give me that. Here's the thing with the ocean fish, the Japanese Wiki listed many of those fish that people here reported to be caught in summer as only caught in winter, and vice versa. I'm running under the assumption that all the ocean fish can be caught in a storm, whether it be a Summer Typhoon, or a Winter Blizzard.

I think that's because if you translate the whole thing, it will translate to "Saba" or "Sabah", but if you only translate the name of the fish, then it will be Saba/Mackerel.

Edit:
From Wikipedia
Quote:
Saba, Japanese for mackerel, a fish often used for sushi
 
 
Khaz
Post Posted: Oct 05, 2011 1:59 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Mackerel confirmed! I just caught one Winter 20th during a blizzard in the Bluebell Pond, 8:50PM.
 
 
Khaz
Post Posted: Oct 05, 2011 2:01 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Ugh...double post. With the regular fishing rod, if you need that.
 
 
norelationstojfk
Post Posted: Oct 05, 2011 6:19 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

User avatar
Posts: 263

Offline
Khaz wrote:
Mackerel confirmed! I just caught one Winter 20th during a blizzard in the Bluebell Pond, 8:50PM.


Thanks a ton, Khaz. Now we can say 100% complete :)
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next


All times are UTC - 8 hours


 

Search this topic:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group