Freshness and Stacking

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
quigley
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Let's say I have one 2-star...oh, flour, I guess. I've had it for a few days, and in one more day it'll lose some of its freshness to become "fairly fresh."

Then I get another 2-star flour. But this one is brand new, so it will be Very Fresh for a while.

Since items stack by star ranking and freshness, even though two items might not be on the exact same level of freshness, if I stack the two flours, so that I have two Very Fresh flours, will they turn fairly fresh the next day, as the first one would? Or will they stay Very Fresh longer, because of the newer one? Or will it be somewhere in between?

I'm just curious. :shifty:
Panda123
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I wondered this too, I think maybe it ages faster but not 100% sure.
KellyeTheGreat
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

They won't stack, you'll just have two separate slots. One for Very Fresh, one for Fairly Fresh.

edit: Ohhh, I misunderstood your question. Yes, the above poster is correct. They will both lose freshness points faster, in my experience.
quigley
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

KellyeTheGreat wrote:They won't stack, you'll just have two separate slots. One for Very Fresh, one for Fairly Fresh.

edit: Ohhh, I misunderstood your question. Yes, the above poster is correct. They will both lose freshness points faster, in my experience.
No problem, I know I didn't word it very well. Thanks to both of you! :)
Mulberries
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Try testing it out with something you know you'll be growing a lot with. When I put turnips in my storage, I will have a single very fresh stack throughout the entire season so long as I keep adding turnips to my storage, even though there will turnips in there since the 6th of spring. I did this on my second file that had the striped cart, so the decay rate is not abnormally slow.
I think every time you add something to the stack, it averages out the points, kind of like how in SI where they had the dots for freshness that would go up or down depending on how you stacked your things, only now it's invisible
Ghetsis
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

If you want to save freshness permanently, just wait to year 3, and buy from Grady or Kana the Chicken Cart. But it's veeeeeeeery expensive, you have to pay 300.000G. The other cart which saving freshness permanently, is the UFO Cart which is a reward from Oracle's request. You will need raise Oracle's friendship to 2 Flowers and have Request Level rank 4 or higher. The request will appear on the Bluebell message board. You need 1 Stone Tablet, 5 White Alpaca Wool, and 19,771,116 G (over 19 million G).