The COMPLETE ToTT Ore Stone Resource

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, that's good for people who are that late in the game so they HAVE the mine (which for many folks probably isn't until at least year 6, if they play that long). This guide is more intended for people who don't have the mine yet.
JoeKool
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Hi.....this guide works great
Pretty_Chicken
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Noticed this wasn't on the first post, but you can get an Ore Stone from the Goddess. If you've had 5 visitors in your multiplayer field (doesn't have to be different people, just 5 visits) go to the field, she'll tell you your fees and congratulate you on 5 visitors then give you an Ore Stone :)
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Aha! All right, thank you, I'll see about adding that. I can't do any of the multiplayer stuff so that's why I did not have it. ^_^
LillyKay
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

One of the most useful guides I have come across in this game. How did you figure out the stacking thing?
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thank you very much! *blush*

It was pure luck, really. People on the forum here at the time were talking about the star levels of things they were getting out of ore stones and how that level didn't change on reload even though the actual gems/ores DID change... and then I read that one post I linked to on the first page... and somehow, it clicked! ^_^ I experimented in my own game first to prove it... and thus this thread was born.
JoeKool
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Interesting....
Intelligent you are.
Awkward Llama
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Question:

I used your stacking guide (which is amazing, btw :) ) and got 10 5 star ore stones through Raul's winter request. I then found a lot more and now have 25-30. I then found an ore stone on my second file (a different one) and gave my second file a five-star ore stone so I could start the stack there (you can do this on the 3ds Streetpass thing by putting something in your Send box in one file and taking the item out of the Send box on the other file). When I took my ore stone stack back to the first file, I smashed one and noticed the star rank had dropped to 4.5 stars. Is there a reason for this? :?
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Darn, that is strange. >_< Unfortunately I can't be much help there, though, since I don't have the 3DS version or do the StreetPass option.

I could imagine that trading would somehow affect the star-level of the stone in the second file (though you wouldn't think it would go down), but it seems really weird that the star-level in your original file would be affected. :? That stinks.

But yeah, in normal gameplay without trading the star level would never drop unless you accidentally made a new lower-star ore stone the base for your stack.
Awkward Llama
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

That is really weird since I didn't have any access to 4.5 star ore stones. I guess I'll just level up one of my flowers for Raul's winter request and see how it goes from there. As far as I'm concerned, it's just another (annoying) glitch. Thanks for helping anyway! :)
ravbawa
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I got 9 ore stones in kohana mid-mountain area---

3 used for double bed

3 stored

2 tossed

1 hammered and got a diamond and gave it to georgia and lost 600 Friendship points because she does not like like diamond or any ore,I gave her two and lost 600 Friendship points :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Natsu Dragneel
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I've tried all of the suggested areas for ore stones, and have been searching for two for about 10 game days, but cannot find any what so ever ;^;

It's Winter too DX
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, the random generator can really be mean like that. Hope for a blizzard! That should raise your chances. *cross fingers*
Natsu Dragneel
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

BlueTrillium wrote:Yeah, the random generator can really be mean like that. Hope for a blizzard! That should raise your chances. *cross fingers*
xD
Thanks for the crossed fingers :3
Speckles
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

BlueTrillium, thanks so much for writing this, it's awesome! The star rank stacking thing works for snowballs and freshness points too.
vie wrote:Just consider, may be stacking process also apply at freshness point too.
Like when I have new moondrop (100 Poins) and a moondrop at my storage with (71 poins) both still in 'very fresh' category. if I put my moondrop from storage to bag, both will be 100 points moondrops.

I always found it suspicious, the freshness point. I did have moondrops that stayed at 'very fresh' till almost 1 season at my first year (just have old or bamboo cart). I did a request and kinda amaze that they still at 'very fresh' but others items seemed decay faster. I kept it in mind but kinda forget about it until now.
I tested this and as best I can tell, it works. I put all of my perishable items in my cart and then when I got a new item, I moved the stack in the cart onto the new item in my rucksack, then put it back in the cart. I was using the bamboo cart in the spring, so wild items should have decayed a level in four or five days, but my stacks have lasted about twenty days so far without dropping. The flip side of this is that if you stack onto the older items of the same freshness level, your new items automatically drop to match.

I agree about the random number generator being kind of crazy. I didn't get any ore stones for a really long time and then I pulled two in a row out of the same place. Good luck Natsu!