The COMPLETE ToTT Ore Stone Resource

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yep, you are right - as long as they are both at the same description-level of freshness, putting 'older' items on top of 'newer' items will renew the stack's freshness to match the newer items and keep the stack fresh longer!
fluffyalpacas
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I had a really hard time finding ore stones too. Well, I USED to. Ushi No Tane really helped me. Your best bet is to look in all the places everyday and on Winter 2, Raul will put an "Item Needed" request on the Konohana board. He needs 2 of each Falls flower which is Nadeshiko, White Rose and Giberia or something that sounds like that... But NOTE: ALL OF THE FLOWERS MUST BE ONE STAR+ which means you have to grow them yourself with fertilizer. Then on Winter 2nd complete the request and THE REWARD IS 10 ORE STONES.
Xiaonan
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

:lala: This helps alot ~
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

BlueTrillium wrote:Heh, yeah, I thought that at first too, for the longest time.

My first clue that I was wrong was that no matter how many stones I smashed from the same stack, they were all the same star-level.

My second clue was that no matter how often I reloaded the day, the star-level of the stuff I got from smashing the same stack of ore stones remained the same through all the reloads.

Then I saw maxandsam's comment about keeping the ore stones separate, and I could almost hear the DING go off in my head. I had to rush home and try it out right away after work. And it worked!

-BlueTrillium

Amazing guide! I learnt a ton from it. Another thing that may be useful to those unsure of how high levelled their ore stone is, is very simple.

I noticed this a lot in my first playthrough of HM-TOTT, that ore stones near the beginning of the game could only often be found in one place, under the waterfall at Konohana Mid-Mountain. Also, they were more common while it was raining or stormy.

The more important thing, however, links to star value. Before you decide to smash a rock to tiny little bits, go to a shipping bin and see how much it sells for.

If it sells for 1g, then it is basically useless. It will most likely contain scrap metal or copper, at the best.

If it sells for 2g, then it may contain metals such as silver and mithril, and occasionally orichalcum, mythic ore, sandrose or a red/orange wonderful.

However, if it sells for 3g, you can be almost guaranteed the contents is worth something good. 3g is the equivalent of five stars, and may contain gems, rare metals, maybe even a stone tablet.

I came across this one time while I was collecting ore for the Konohana upgrade. I found one worth 3g, and stored it away. Then, when I put my 1g ones on top of it, they were changed too.

Anyway, thanks for the guide! It was a huge help!
LizzyLucky
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

This is EXACTLY the info I was looking for and even more!! Thank you!!!!