* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 30, 2020 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Rose Petals
Post Posted: Dec 16, 2012 2:57 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I mean, really worth it. I know they give gifts and everything. But, is it really worth the effort of befriending them?

I'm pretty much done with my main file, and thought on my second one, if the animal's gifts are profitable, then I can use that as an option to get some serious G. I'm still at that very difficult first year.

Are they useful like the animals of SI, where they pretty much did foraging for you, or useless and not worth the effort/time?

Ru-Ne Ni-Chaan
Post Posted: Dec 16, 2012 3:35 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

If you think it's not worth to get Friendships and you want to save your item, you don't need to befriend with them.
Because so far I know, they only give you a gift if you reach high FP with them, they also will follow you if you go near them too.
Not like SI, they will not do anything special for you.

LillyKay
Post Posted: Dec 16, 2012 3:40 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

They give you items that you can make in your kitchen, get from your farm (animal produce or crops) or items made in your makers. According to the guide, there is only 25% chance that you will trigger the event. So, in monetary terms its not worth it.

I personally befriend them because I just like them. I have received items from them about 5 times only but I still go around talking to them or picking them up and giving them food.

Katherine1973
Post Posted: Dec 16, 2012 4:39 pm 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

The main reason I befriended the animals is because once they get to the (...) point the bear and wild boar will stop chasing and ramming into you. That in itself is worth it.

pshycho
Post Posted: Dec 16, 2012 7:06 pm 
Disabled: By request

I didn't really think it was worth it myself, but if you are looking for an extra challenge to add to the game to help yourself to stay interested in the game, then I say go for it.

atsa
Post Posted: Dec 17, 2012 10:57 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Well, If you prefer to sell your items, just talking/ picking them up just like I did~ c:

BlueTrillium
Post Posted: Dec 17, 2012 11:26 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yeah, I wouldn't waste items giving them to wild animals, but it's easy enough to make friends with them just by talking to them/picking them up every day. That way, any gifts you luck out by managing to get from them are basically free. ^_^

clefairykid
Post Posted: Dec 18, 2012 12:03 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Personally, I would say no, not worth it, only if you've done everything else the game has to offer and you just wanted to try it for the sake of it XD

BizaareBazaar
Post Posted: Dec 21, 2012 11:28 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

If you have spare items, maybe it would be wise to!

xxaimlessxx
Post Posted: Dec 25, 2012 2:26 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

i think it's fun at times but i would only give it to them if i don't really need the items anymore. like the ducks like medaka, goby i think is its english name, i just pick one up from the river and i throw it ot them cause its easy to get.