eShop version fixed?

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
WildArms
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

THanks, if its no problem i would really like if you keep us informed of everything, if the freezes are fixed, i will download it :)
klim28
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

WildArms wrote:THanks, if its no problem i would really like if you keep us informed of everything, if the freezes are fixed, i will download it :)
Same here. I'm still on the verge of downloading this.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I hit fall today. No freezes (I've yet to shut off my 3DS since I started the game), petting animals every in-game day. It's lagged a bit when I went a little crazy on veggies at the end of summer.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I have been petting my animals daily and the game has never crashed, not even once, when does the retail version usually start crashing for most of you?
klim28
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Retail cart version starts freezing on Spring 2. Thats before you can even pet your animals.
Beet farmer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Yeah i broke down and bought the eshop version, i really like this game, but got rid of my retail version long ago as the lag and freezing was so frustrating. I am in summer year 1 and have 2 cows and 4 chickens, 1 cat and 1 dog and as many crops as i can trench in at this point on the konohana farm and have had no issues, i even go over the mountain every afternoon. I have not used the petting minigame yet and probably won't
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

klim28 wrote:Retail cart version starts freezing on Spring 2. Thats before you can even pet your animals.
Oh wow :shock:
Well, unless we (the people playing the eShop version) are very lucky, then I think the eShop version is free of crashing issues (which already is a big improvement), I think it's still to early to say it's free of lag though, since there are certain parts where the game does seem to slow down (like when watering many plants), but it's nothing too serious at the moment.
Beet farmer wrote:Yeah i broke down and bought the eshop version, i really like this game, but got rid of my retail version long ago as the lag and freezing was so frustrating. I am in summer year 1 and have 2 cows and 4 chickens, 1 cat and 1 dog and as many crops as i can trench in at this point on the konohana farm and have had no issues, i even go over the mountain every afternoon. I have not used the petting minigame yet and probably won't
Yay, another person with the eShop version! :lol:
Don't worry about petting your animals, I have been doing it daily and nothing bad has happened, quite the contrary, my cow had 6 hearts before she could give milk!

I have even been walking back and foward from Bluebell and Konohana several times each day to complete quests, without ill results.
Lily Sakana
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Wait - there's an eShop version now? Is it only available in NA because I didn't know of this. Then again, I haven't been on my 3DS for a while since I've been kinda unpacking.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Yeah, it's NA. Natsume's been going back and re-releasing some of their stuff from the last 2 years digitally, as well as legacy stuff like HM GBC (out in EU, not in NA)/RK GBC (out in both). I have the digital version of TTOTT 3DS (I bought the DS version and wanted to move up) and it's great, no freezing and almost no lag.

They do a monthly column now if you're not reading, you really should. They give a BUNCH of info out in it. https://www.facebook.com/notes/natsume- ... 9386285911 is last week's. https://www.facebook.com/notes/natsume- ... 1781186005 is a month ago.
Lily Sakana
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Oh! Well thanks for clearing that up. I have TTOTT on DS and I'm happy like that coz I've nver really been a fan of the petting game, but it's good to know that Natsume are trying to step up their game I suppose •(◕‿◕✿)
NouvelleOrange
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I was looking for such a thread. I sold my Nintendo 3DS XL and Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns as well as Harvest Moon: A New Beginning a month ago or so.

But now, I'm planning on buying a new Nintendo 3DS XL with the release of Animal Crossing: New Leaf (I'll get the limited edition bundle on June 9th) and I was looking on feedback on how the eShop version of Tale of Two Towns was behaving: if the developers went back to correct the freeze bug as well as the constant lagging of the cartridge version. It seems like they did. But please, keep us updated some more, I want to know if you guys have any lagging in Konohana. I remember it was very laggy one you had upgraded (enlarged) your fields to accomodate more crops. Horseback ridding back and forth with my cart in the mountain would also make my 3DS crash.
Abgar
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Getaris here.

I reached fall now and plated even more crops this time.

Still no crashing or lag (besides the little lag when I water several plants at once), but I still have only the first farm upgrade and a few animals (1 cow, 1 sheep, 2 chickens, 1 horse and 3 pets).

I think I am confident enough to declare this version crash-free, but I still need a little more time to declare it lag-free.
Beet farmer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Yeah I am in the fall also and have had absolutely no issues with freezing and really no lag to speak of, just a very small amount, nothing like the game breaking lag that occurred on my retail cartridge.
NouvelleOrange
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Well ! You guys made me succumb. I went to a local book/CD/video games store today and snatched a Pokémon 3DS XL and downloaded Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns once I got home :)
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Finished first year. No freezing, some minor lag when tending max crops (mostly I think because I was looking for it), no lag or freezes after petting mini-game, no lag or freezes crossing the mountains. Very nice to see Natsume corrected these issues.