Can't unlock Alisa or the Oracle

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
CallieCat
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I have the 3ds digital copy of ToTT.

I am on year 5 and forgot about these two. I have all the requirements yet I cannot get either to trigger. For Alisa I have Nathan at 2 flowers and I am walking to the summit at the appropriate times. Nothing is happening at all. I tried going from both sides.

The same exact thing is happening with the Oracle too- Going the way it is telling me too but no matter how many times I go back and forth I can't trigger it. I have been trying to unlock the Oracle for about an in game year now.

I am also not using my horse either.

Is my copy glitched? Because aside from one instance of freezing up on me and some lag on the Konohana farm I had no issues at all until now. Knowing me I am probably doing something wrong.

EDIT- Solved it. I have to WALK to trigger the event not run. The auto run feature threw me off. I got them to trigger now. Just glad it wasn’t a glitch.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

For Alisa I’m not seeing any extra requirements in the guide.
Alisa is a priestess who spends her time at the church in Bluebell Town. You can unlock her by raising Nathan's friendship to 2 White Flowers, be in Fall of year 2 or later, and then walking to the Mountain Summit between 10:00 pm and 3:00 am on a sunny or snowy day. Nathan appears in your game starting on Winter 3 of your first year. After Alisa is unlocked, she will live at the Bluebell Town Hall. If during the Mountain Summit event you choose to leave (back out) instead of continuing up the mountain to unlock Alisa, then you have another chance at unlocking her the following season and every season afterward if you continue to avoid her. You will still need to walk up to the summit at the appropriate time and have Nathan's friendship at the required level.
It says you only can try once a season. Perhaps playing the waiting game?
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

In addition to Shan's answer, I think you have to be actually walking, and not be on your horse/cart.
CallieCat
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

It’s ok I was able to trigger it. I kept forgetting that there was an option to walk. I am so used to using the default movement speed in these games. Had a bit of a brain fart there :shock:
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Glad you figured it out! Just popping in to say that the lag on the Konohana farm is pretty common, it seems to be caused by having too many things onscreen at once (usually either crops or animals).

And unfortunately the freezing is not unheard of either… It seems to happen during the transitions between the mountain areas for me, and often around 12:00 pm. It’s not terribly common so it doesn’t bother me too mucht but I remember one time it happened at night after doing a bunch of stuff and when I reloaded the game the store inventories changed and I couldn’t buy the new seeds I had gotten before.

Oh I have the physical cartridge btw so it’s not limited to the digital copy. I hear the DS one is a little better than the 3DS one in this regard, is anyone who has the DS version able to confirm this?
frans4life
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Code_Name_Geek wrote:Glad you figured it out! Just popping in to say that the lag on the Konohana farm is pretty common, it seems to be caused by having too many things onscreen at once (usually either crops or animals).

And unfortunately the freezing is not unheard of either… It seems to happen during the transitions between the mountain areas for me, and often around 12:00 pm. It’s not terribly common so it doesn’t bother me too mucht but I remember one time it happened at night after doing a bunch of stuff and when I reloaded the game the store inventories changed and I couldn’t buy the new seeds I had gotten before.

Oh I have the physical cartridge btw so it’s not limited to the digital copy. I hear the DS one is a little better than the 3DS one in this regard, is anyone who has the DS version able to confirm this?
i don't think i'm really qualified to say this, but i have the ds game and have 2 of eileen's upgrades for kono with a bunch of soy'ays growing and fert particles and what not, it seems perfectly fine though i don't really know if this helps.