Critics toward ToTT

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
Rainbowcurry
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I've been playing this game for 3 months and i get why this game have few bad review. While there's a lot of things to do, and a lot of collection to pursue. It have flaws in villager/romance interaction. The character felt flat, but it's not because of the writer, but because of how the game programmed.
We have too much dating dialogue without proper programming. The bachelor/bachelorette keep repeating the same weather/collection dialogue when there's more interesting stuff to say. If the developer just program the dialogue on a cycle, so no repeat it probably would get interesting storywise.
I'd rather read about how kanna/hiro friendship on a date than kana keep repeating himself saying i should collect more fish and stuff
Lewcinda
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

My biggest issues have always been the storage and upgrades only being available once per season. The characters aren't the most interesting, but I generally like their design and back stories. I wish I could marry Mako but « Harvest Goddess » forbid I get to marry someone with actual character in HM. :roll:
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Lewcinda wrote:My biggest issues have always been the storage and upgrades only being available once per season. The characters aren't the most interesting, but I generally like their design and back stories. I wish I could marry Mako but « Harvest Goddess » forbid I get to marry someone with actual character in HM. :roll:
Same here; in fact I really enjoyed this game other than this one gripe. And maybe the fact that stores aren’t open on rainy days. I liked the characters a lot, and the request system was a really fun addition! Though I could never decide who to marry so I still haven’t done that…
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Yeah, things were kinda limited in the game. Aside from the storage, upgrades, closed stores on rainy days, there's also the freshness system that didn't allow you to hoard unless you have the refrigerated cart and how the stores only have 3 products available with limited quantity, at random.

Despite those, I still did enjoy the game quite a bit. The dates were cute and I liked the MC's and villagers' designs, as well as the towns themselves.
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I like the slow pacing of the upgrades. It keeps me from getting too far ahead of the game and finding myself maxed out on everything early in the game with little else to look forward to. I've played well more than 500 hours on this game and really enjoy it. There's so much to do, even after hundreds of hours. And it's just beautiful to look at it.