Pet Shop Confusion?

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hi! So I'm on autumn of year 1, and so far I have one cat, one small dog, and one owl, as far as pets go. I would like a large dog as well, but the last several times I have gone to both Kana and Grady's shops, they each keep only selling the peach-colored small dog. This has been happening the entire season--I've lost track of how many weeks, but they each keep having only that option. No cats, no big dogs. It's so strange.

I used to see all kinds of variety at their shops, and it seems stuck on the small dog option. Is this just really bad luck, or is there something else going on?
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

As far as I remember it’s entirely random, just like other shops.

Just keep trying.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Terra575 wrote:Hi! So I'm on autumn of year 1, and so far I have one cat, one small dog, and one owl, as far as pets go. I would like a large dog as well, but the last several times I have gone to both Kana and Grady's shops, they each keep only selling the peach-colored small dog. This has been happening the entire season--I've lost track of how many weeks, but they each keep having only that option. No cats, no big dogs. It's so strange.

I used to see all kinds of variety at their shops, and it seems stuck on the small dog option. Is this just really bad luck, or is there something else going on?
Do you have any cows yet? I think the pet shops only start selling certain pets when you already own the animals they are responsible for herding. So, cats will only appear once you have at least one chicken, small dogs once you have a sheep or alpaca, and large dogs once you have a cow.

If you already have a cow then unfortunately it's probably just a string of bad luck! The shop inventories in this game are randomly selected from what I can remember which can be frustrating at times.
Sir Stardust
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Did you turn the game off without saving? That can lock the shop inventories for some reason. I think the way people found to reset them was to buy something directly from a shop and either go into the shipping bin to sell it or to toss it in without opening it. I always forget which, so I just do both. Whichever one it was, that always seems to unlock the inventories again.
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think it was just really bad luck! I played several more days, more of the same problem, but then suddenly all the options came back. So I have my big puppy now! :>
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Terra575 wrote:I think it was just really bad luck! I played several more days, more of the same problem, but then suddenly all the options came back. So I have my big puppy now! :>
Yay, I'm glad you got it!!