the flowers aren't increasing no matter what I do...

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
Val12345
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hello, so I am facing a problem. No matter how many gifts I give the villagers or talk to them, their flowers are always low (1 flower always) and also for the bachelors their flowers are always white. Is that a glitch? and can it be fixed?

And also each time I participate in a cooking festival my animals get sick the next day and their hearts drop to zero.
Can you please help me fix those two problems?
Kindly, Val. :heart:
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Val12345 wrote:No matter how many gifts I give the villagers or talk to them, their flowers are always low (1 flower always) and also for the bachelors their flowers are always white. Is that a glitch? and can it be fixed?

And also each time I participate in a cooking festival my animals get sick the next day and their hearts drop to zero.
Yikes. It sounds like something glitched. Stupid question: Are you feeding the animals on cooking-festival days? Those days are always a challenge to complete all the chores and cook something, but you have to feed the animals. As for the white flowers, I'm pretty sure same-« Chicken Hugging » bachelors/bachelorettes can't go beyond the white flowers, but someone who has played the game more recently can confirm that.
Val12345
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Yes i am feeding and taking care of them before I go, plus I have dogs and cats to take them inside the barn but somehow they get sick each time I attend a festival.
And for the balchelors or the villagers I always give them gifts daily and on their birthdays but nothing happens, on the dialogue box it always shows one flower no matter how manny gifts I give, The number of flowers never increases, even tho Im on my 2nd year in the game and every day I've been trying but nothing happens.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Seems glitched to me. I would start a new file in the other save slot and play a bit as a test.
Val12345
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Great idea! cz I don't know what to do other than restarting a new life in the other file.
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Val12345 wrote:Great idea! cz I don't know what to do other than restarting a new life in the other file.
Too good a game not to see through to the end. I've logged more than 500 hours on it and still have things to do. And as long as we're on the topic, I'll suggest this game is the best looking handheld game in the BokuMono series, with Hero of Leaf Valley second. I know the 3D is nothing much, but the landscapes are so beautiful. Maybe we should start a separate thread for this.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

^^^ I agree! ToTT was really enjoyable through and through. I also hope you finish it and have fun!
Val12345
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hey guys, a little update!
So I have an R4 card for my nintendo DS and I downloaded Harvest Moon The Tale Of Two Towns from the internet on my R4 and it turned out to be the european version so I tried to download the american version and started playing from the beginning and my friendship with the villagers works just fine and increases when I give them gifts, plus as for my animals I have a cow with a friendship of 8 hearts even if I attend festivals it never decreases. Everything worked out fine when I downloaded the american version!

So a little tip, if anyone wants to download hmttott on R4 I recommend to download the american or japanese version 'cause the european one is glitched!
:heart:
Val12345
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I just wanted to add that I played Harvest Moon games since I was little (about 10 years now) and they're all so amazing: Harvest Moon DS/DS cute, Sunshine Islands, Island Of Happiness, Happy Fishing, Rune Factory, More Friends Of Mineral Town, Grand Bazaar and The Tale Of Two Towns. I never played a series of games so fascinating! It taught me a lot over the years, I just wish the series of harvest moon can still create new games like those...