Path up to The Oracle's house?

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
Steve
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm in late summer of year 3, on the DS version of HM10, newly married to Reina :heart:, and I know I've met the Oracle and talked to her a handful of times after winding up up there on dates, but I still can't access the path in the Blue Mid area to go up and visit her on demand. That also explains why I'm missing a couple of the remaining few bugs on the list. I've looked at the maps here on FOGU but when I try to go southwest from that area over by the foraging spot in the Blue Mid area, there are trees in the way.

For what it's worth, I have the tunnel fully reopened but don't have the extra path yet. I've lived in Konohana the entire game and am on request level 7. Am I missing something obvious, or is there still more stuff I have to do?
Terdin
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Downhill from the foraging spot, there should be a mushroom visible between the trees. You reach it from by going north from the main path, not southwest from the foraging spot.

Nothing needs to be done before being able to visit the Oracle, other than being on year 2 or later and having had the night-time event where she's unlocked. From your description, you have already unlocked her.

I've been using that mushroom even during the first few game days. In my latest game, I'm still on year 1, so I can't visit the Oracle yet, just have my farmer get puzzled by the text by her locked door, but I make a foraging/bug-catching round there most days.
Steve
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

It worked - and I feel stupid now! Thank you Terdin!