ToTT: English farm degree titles

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
Terdin
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

No, this is not another "what does my rank equate?" topic. I've trawled through all the pages of this forum to see if anyone's already bothered to find out and let others know. Thanks to those topics, I could add a bunch of ranks beyond where I'm currently at in my replay. :washu:

Rank. . . . . . . . . . . . . Point
Beginner . . . . . . . . . . 0
Farmer in Training. . . . 500
Novice Farmer. . . . . . . 3000
Amateur Farmer . . . . . 5000
Confident Farmer. . . . . 10,000
Experienced Farmer . . .30,000

Veteran Farmer. . . . . . .50,000
Major Veteran Farmer. . 100,000
Super Veteran Farmer . 150,000

Farming Pro . . . . . . . . .200,000
Major Farming Pro. . . . .250,000
Super Farming Pro. . . . .300,000

Farming Chief . . . . . . . .350,000
Major Farming Chief. . . .400,000
Super Farming Chief . . .500,000

Farming Boss. . . . . . . . 600,000
Major Farming Boss. . . .700,000
Super Farming Boss. . . .800,000

Farming Ace. . . . . . . . . 900,000
Major Farming Ace . . . . 1,000,000
Super Farming Ace . . . . 1,500,000

Checked the title the first thing I could on Spring 2, Beginner. Didn't cheOn Spring 4, I had a new title, Farmer in Training. I figured I couldn't possibly have earned 3k points in that time, unless the tutorial requests gave a whole bunch of points more than their rank indicate. At most I could have got 500 points at that time, what with harvesting the 9 turnips given me, and catching many of the bugs and fish available.

Farmer in Training could be what actually equates the "Veteran Farmer" of the Japanese version, as the points required for it might be even lower than my guess.

Got Novice Farmer about a week later, then Amateur Farmer in mid-Spring, consistent with the short early intervals. Then followed Confident Farmer in late Spring, Experienced Farmer around the middle of Summer, and Veteran Farmer on Fall 1 after my first tunnel request.

I figured I'd entered the 50k intervals now, and I was right. The next new rank, Major Veteran Farmer, came in Winter 12, a while after my second tunnel request. During the later half of my second Spring, I checked in daily, hoping to see a new rank before I connected the tunnel. That didn't happen. Reached Super Veteran Farmer on Summer 1, after the tunnel was finished. I might now be almost halfway to Farming Pro. Will see if I reach it before I'm halfway through Fall.
Steve
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Cool! I'm in late fall of year 3, and am ranked as a "Major Farming Pro". Do you know, by chance, what actions count for how many points toward this total?
Terdin
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

The actions that count towards it are listed on fogu here I don't think it's changed from the Japanese version to the English version.

From the data you can access, you can at most account for somewhere between half and two thirds of the points you have, as the game doesn't tell you how many times you've greeted villagers, dated, used tools, and several other point-yielding activities. And it only shows you the last 20 or so of the requests you've done if you look at request history, hiding most of those points.

Some of it's partially hidden. It doesn't show any difference between how you've caught a fish, even though hand-caught yield 10 points, and rod-caught yield 1 (unless it's a king fish which gives 500), so take note of the visitations when you're told you've passed another milestone in handfishing.

Before the third tunnel request, I could tally up about 90,000. Afterwards, which added 30,000, and after learning I've caught 1000 of my fish by hand, I now know where about 130,000 points come from. Out of the over 150,000 my current rank say I have. Hence why I might be more than halfway to the next rank.

Made the same calculation for my other save, which is in Winter 10, year 6 and a Major Farming Boss. I can account for about 420,000 of the rank's points there.
Terdin
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

While I'm hesitant to post again, I have an update of sorts on my little experiment. Reached Farming Pro on Summer 23, year 2. Can account for about 140k of the 200k points needed for the rank. This brings another important number to my calculations, as I can now estimate I get about 10k per season from various activities.

I'm looking forward to spring year 3, when I get the seed maker, and the chicken cart. Then I can finally let my farmer get married as I don't want the "child" bed to get in the way of the farm expansion. Probably won't have a child until year 4 or 5, as other things have higher priority than getting a bigger home, and spending the Fall of year 3 in Bluebell won't speed things up. Didn't exactly get an answer to my question about that, but I figure it won't hurt to try.

Sorry for babbling on, but it's not like I have much of an opportunity to talk about games irl. And along with the fourth tunnel request and the mine request, the marriage and child milestones give big points towards the farm rank, which makes it at least somewhat related to the topic.
Steve
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

As of Winter 27, Year 3, I just leveled up to Super Farming Pro.
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

An update post of mine. I could add a breakdown of where the known points come from if needed. Since reaching Farming Pro, I tend to put everything else on hold when I notice a change in the rank and write down what points I know I've got.

Reached Major Farming Pro on Winter 7, year 2.
Spoiler:
174,368 of the 250,000 points accounted for
Reached Super Farming Pro on Spring 16, year 3, the day before the wedding.
Spoiler:
206,526 of the 300,000 points accounted for
Reached Farming Chief on Summer 14, year 3
Spoiler:
243,526 of the 350,000 points accounted for
Reached Major Farming Chief on Fall 20, year 3
Spoiler:
270,721 of the 400,000 points accounted for
Reached Super Farming Chief on Spring 31, year 4
Spoiler:
331,744 of the 500,000 points accounted for
Reached Farming Boss on Winter 15, year 4
Spoiler:
399,216 of the 600,000 points accounted for
It seems like I will be able to surpass the rank of my other save file.
I also hope be able to add a rank or two at the end of the list I've already figured out, if I can keep going that long. At some point, I know the early struggles and courting will seem more attractive. But this time it will be save file 1 that gets erased.

I think I've figured out how some of those 1-point activities work. For buying, bouquet-making, cooking, shipping, and such, every time there's a "ding" means one point to the farm degree. Shipping 12 items in one go gives 1 point. Shipping them separately, gives 12 points.

Back when I was at Super Veteran Farmer, I still thought each item in a stack counted. But when I bought full stacks of flowers, made 7 stacks of bouquets or perfume, and shipped them all in one go, I got 715 points, not 3465. No wonder it took me longer than I thought it should to get to the next rank. :oops: