Help me!!!!

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
Someonenotimportant
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

So, I know that I can buy rice/flour, cook it into cooked rice/bread and then cook it again into rice porridge/toast and sell it. But, it takes time and i'm bored with the trick. Can someone please give me some tricks on earning money except for the toast/rice porridge and pineapple seed trick? Thank you. And, did you know that in the town hall, if you go behind the counter and then go to the paper place (that prompt you to press A) there is a random chance instead of only saying "This letter was sent to Town Hall..." you can actually get "..? There's some kind of drawing in it" and it takes you to some kind of drawing in the upper screen. I just figured that out.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I find that animal products sell for a lot in this game compared to other games, especially once you raise their affection. Brush your animals and talk to them every day, and you can also consider raising the amount of products they make with treats (expensive in the short run so not good if you’re trying to make money quick but it pays off later if you’re thinking more long term).

I didn’t know that about the town hall though, cool!
Terdin
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

My main way of earning money beyond what the regular farming and ranching can give me, consists of buying flowers from Cam and making perfume or bouquets, depending on the flower. Marguerite, Nadeshiko, and Gentian, along with Pink Rose, and Red Rose, always give a profit when turned into perfume. Casablanca is best turned into bouquets, and Sunflowers are profitable as either bouquets or perfume, but those flowers aren't available until year 2.

Doing so does take a fair amount of time from you, but no time in the game. Each perfume of the cheapest flowers gives around 300 G at the minimum 2 stars, up to over 700 G at 3 stars.

If Cam sells the right flowers and makes 2 star perfume/bouquets, I might bother making one stack, if higher I usually take the time to make more. Because of that, I have over 9 million in the winter of year 2.

And finding the drawing in the town hall seems to be able to activate about once a week.
Someonenotimportant
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the tricks! I'm in year 3 winter and I only have 2.000.000. I will buy a lot of flower seed/make a flower seed if i can. And my cow, jersey cow, chicken, and silkie chicken produce 3 milk/egg per day so it's a lot of money. Sorry I can't edit my post so I will double reply. :lala:
Terdin
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

If you grow the flowers, rather than buy them, those I didn't mention in my previous post are usually better sold as is, especially if you've fertilized them to one star or more. I'll use the winter flowers as an example since you're in Winter. Checking against the lists at Fogu to get accurate numbers for my math.

Three 1-star Snowdrops sell for 2150 G (a profit of 1460 G if the seeds were bought), or if paying 200 G to make perfume, which if are lucky enough has 3 stars and sells for 2300 G (profit of 1410 G, or in other words, makes you lose 50 G compared to selling the flowers as is) If it's just 2-star perfume, you look at a loss of 510 G compared to selling the flowers.

Three 1-star Gentians sell for 1500 G (profit of 1080 G if the seeds were bought), add the cost of 200 G to make perfume... even at the 1840 G a 2-star bottle gets you, gives a profit of 140 G per bottle compared to selling the flowers. But it will have taken you most of one game week to get it, especially if the flowers are ready for harvest on a Thursday.

Buy 3 half-star Gentians, for 1260 G, make perfume, and you've spent 1460 G for it. At 2-star perfume, you get a profit of 380 G per bottle, at 3-star it's 840 G, and it has taken no time in the game.

Growing the flowers is better for the Farm Rank though. 3 grown flowers turned into perfume/bouquets and shipped yield 62 FR points (not counting the watering), while a stack of 3 bought flowers turned into perfume/bouquets and shipped yield 3 points.

Sorry for all the math, but I've been doing it for myself for a long time, mostly for fun to satisfy my own curiosity. :washu: I'm mostly growing flowers to do requests, and I'm a bit of a hoarder, which will increase once I get the mecha chicken cart and the seed maker in the spring.
Someonenotimportant
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thanks! It only add 100.000 G but it's worth it anyway because it speed up foraging for one season :)