* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Apr 21, 2021 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Anonymous Farmer
  Post subject: Town Name?
Post Posted: Jan 26, 2021 10:10 am 
Anonymous Fish

What is the name of the town in the OG Harvest Moon? I've seen results saying "Flower Bud Village", and another result saying "Neighbor Town"...

I checked the manual and they only ever use the term "Town". I can't recall what they refer to it as in-game, either... anyone know?

Getaris
  Post subject: Re: Town Name?
Post Posted: Jan 26, 2021 10:36 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The name of the town in the first snes and gb games is largely accepted to be Flower Bud Village. Although it wasn’t really used a lot until later games.

Now, whether the name was only adopted retroactively after another game introduced it, or if there’s mentions of it in the early games, I’m not entirely sure.

I assume the “neighbor town” name you found refers to the fact the town is next to your farm.

Code_Name_Geek
  Post subject: Re: Town Name?
Post Posted: Jan 27, 2021 6:45 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

In the Harvest Moon 64 manual, the town is referred to as Flower Bud Village. Since HM64 is meant to be a "sequel" to the original SNES game, with the new bachelorettes being descended from the original bachelorettes, it's reasonable to assume that they are the same town. I'm not sure if the town name was used earlier or not, but it was at least in use by HM64.