Important detail about the 3DS version

Ask questions about the original Gameboy game from 1997 [ Game Guide ]
Abgar
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

This is just something I thought was worth sharing with you guys, just in case.

To use the timer feature in the 3DS virtual console version of this game you Must close the game by pressing the 3DS' power button, using the usual method of pressing the home button to sleep the game won't work and you'll just waste the 12 or 24 it would take to upgrade your tools.

You don't really need to turn off the 3DS, you can play other things while you wait, just press the power button once and the timer will work in the background after you close the game.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Natsume thought it was important too.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 4338588396
Usagi5678
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I just discovered the details about the timer this morning when I looked in my shed and the gold sickle wasn't there.So I actually followed the directions and hopefully when I go back to the game at 5 PM my gold sickle will be in the shed.Otherwise I'll be starting a new game.

EDIT: It worked.Now the sprite is upgrading the hoe.
Last edited by Usagi5678 on May 19, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abgar
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

It works, I got the golden sicke this morning by closing the game with the power button.

It was kinda confusing when I loaded the game because the sprites hadn't done any work and I wasn't sure if time had passed in the game at all, but the gold sickle was on my tool shed, all my grass had been cut and my chicken was unhappy, so I guess the sprite just decided he would only cut the grass :lol:
XxNanaxX
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Using the Power button is not necessary. All the game needs is that you come back to your game via the "Continue" option from the title screen instead of from a suspended state. So all I did was reset my game from the VC menu, and then go back to the 3DS home menu the normal way. When I came back to my game, I was at the title screen, so I picked Continue, and I had my upgraded tools.
Taya
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I got the golden sickle no problem.

Now I am in the process of getting the golden hoe. I set the days to slow so if I wait 24 hours, how many days will have passed? I don't trust those sprites to do a very good job on my farm.
Abgar
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

XxNanaxX wrote:Using the Power button is not necessary. All the game needs is that you come back to your game via the "Continue" option from the title screen instead of from a suspended state. So all I did was reset my game from the VC menu, and then go back to the 3DS home menu the normal way. When I came back to my game, I was at the title screen, so I picked Continue, and I had my upgraded tools.
Just pressing the power button is faster than that though.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I know this is a year old, but this answers my question. Thank you so much!
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Sorry for double posting. I got my hoe upgrade. Will I get another chance to upgrade my sickle?