Battle mechanics guide. (RF2) (Boss attack patterns UC)

Helpful topics for older versions of Rune Factory.
Lccorp2
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Most people don't usually bother with monsters, but yeah, cure and medication affect your monster too.

I usually only take out my monster for IW.
Wertville

Post  Posted:

lol, I think your the first person to agree with me on that :D
But I need one on my second file, cause I'm trying to beat the game under level 30 :P
Shows me the true value of wolves... and showed me that level 1 cure does not heal your monster D:
Kupo
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Lccorp2 wrote:Most people don't usually bother with monsters, but yeah, cure and medication affect your monster too.

I usually only take out my monster for IW.
Well... as far as I know, or at least based on what people have said on the forum in past topics, it seems (like Wertville mentioned) that there's only a handful of people on the forums who don't really make use of monsters. Of course I can't speak for other people, and there are definitely other people who don't use monsters at all. But I know I always bring my monster with me in the morning to water crops, or when I'm mining/fishing in dungeons. If it's a wolf it can even speed up transportation. And I think I'm not the only one... but I guess others will have to post on that point.
Lccorp2

Post  Posted:

Wertville: I'll take your word for it. A bit too tired ATM to do testing...long night,

Kupo: Yeah, hm. I think the attitude might be a holdover from the RF1 days when monsters would spoil your combo, and thus people didn't bother with them. I dunno.
Misti Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I never brought monsters in RF1. Just for fun sometimes.

But RF2 gen 1, with the mostly -annoying- but harmless monsters taught me that a silver wolf can really speed up watering dungeon crops and travel time. Too bad it adds to the lag..
DarkAsunder
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

i love to take the biggest monsters on the game and go make them fight against other giant monsters, the place bets with my friends as to which one will win its fun violent and makes a profet!
HMgirlSkyy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks for this great guide :D
I'll use it once I finally get RF2 XD;
Guestie :3
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Very well done guide! Wow, it must have taken you some time...

Thank you~
DiaDiamond95
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the guide! It's very useful! :lala:

Oh, and I can't wait to see what your strategy for Fiersome. (I really need to beat him, but I keep procrastinating. xD)
Lccorp2

Post  Posted:

Thanks.

Personally, none of the bosses are really hard, but I'm the kind of guy who plays those 1945-esque "airplane auto-scrolling" games in arcades, where there are billions of missiles on the screen at once, and touching just one means death. That probably has something to do with it. XP
nobodynat
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

for bane dragon, I only use spear, thats practically all you need...
Run from it, learn/hear movements/sound to tell where/when it stops, hit twice with spear, and run again. Repeat. Works when in phase 2 as well. no damage taken possible.

Crystal Mammoth, I use Sonic Wind Lvl 3 here.
Run from attacks, when he stops or does his ice wall thing, cast magic (2/3 times when he does the ice wall) The ice wall should be out of range, and sonic wind hit him. Average 4/6 hits on mammoth per spell. Repeat, works on phase 2. no damage taken possible.

I cant do the first two without taking damage yet >_> always ran too far away to do any decent damage.

Right now im testing the spear and longsword. Find longsword really useful for taking out monsters because of the wide arc. spears are for bigger things lol ^^

and yeah, I find its too easy to train Magic level, I dont really see much RP consumption changes as I level up... And leveling up is easy, one bar of RP should level up Magic skill if using a level 3 book.

Higher level books give more exp (possibly uses more RP?) Need to find out if higher level weapons (as in type not weapon level) give out more Skill exp as well...
MysticxRadiance

Post  Posted:

This is really helpful! It would have helped me a lot in RF2. It's so detailed :)
Misti Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

But no one seems to be playing RF2 anymore.. :(

I wonder how long it'll take before all the wonderful RF2 guides are replaced by RFF ones >.<
Kupo
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Misti Rose wrote:But no one seems to be playing RF2 anymore.. :(

I wonder how long it'll take before all the wonderful RF2 guides are replaced by RFF ones >.<
I know. It's saddening but I guess it's exactly what happened with RF1... so we must cope. I got RFF kinda late and I'm progressing so slowly that by the time I'm at the point where I can collect information everyone will be done and there will be like 2 guides up already. ._. Oh well, I guess.
Wertville

Post  Posted:

Now you know how I felt about RF2 :D
Jk, lol :P
But I got RFF late... and I'm farther and more informed than many people...
Yes, I play it obvessivly...