Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny Monster Guide

Helpful topics for older versions of Rune Factory.
Redisu
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

hey i have a questions and its prolly been answered just cant find it or i dont know where i'm looking...
with the monsters that grow crops how does that work if i needed the 4leaf clover how do i get my monster to grow it?
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There is no way to force your monster to plant a certain crop. All you can do is earn FP with your monster. Once it has high FP there is a chance it will plant 4-Leaf Clovers
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:There is no way to force your monster to plant a certain crop. All you can do is earn FP with your monster. Once it has high FP there is a chance it will plant 4-Leaf Clovers
The Elefuns grow them and from what I remember it will only grow one rarely, and only at really high FP (8+, I think?). Oddly enough though, my Spring Flower has already planted only 2 Emery Flowers and it's roughly 8 or 9 FP.
Pong_ouT
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

From my observation, you can see up to 4 types of crops a certain monster can grow in monster info page. the upper left corner is the easiest crop that monster can grow (least FP required), then lower left, upper right and finally the lower right which needs the most FP (starts from about 6-7 FP(very rare) and higher chances at higher FP level). The same goes with mining monsters.

I recall having Grim Reaper planted diamonds at 6FP.
MildChild
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

This is a great guide and well organized. Thank you! I do have one comment to add about Pirate Goblins: They can be tamed on Verde Island (at level 1) during your confrontation with the Pirate Captain and his gang. Not much of a fighter, but decent enough for a beginning character.

Does anyone have a list of all the locations? And/or a list of monsters BY location?
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The Goblin Pirates on Verde Island aren't listed on there because they are a scripted event.
They don't spawn there naturally.

The locations in the guide is the complete list.
It includes all locations, including specific floors in the shrines.
AiMakai
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'd like to say that I tamed a Water Elemental on the second floor and it started at level 36. with 2564 HP, 175 attack, 114 Defense, and don't know if it's relevant or not beings as it isn't added to all of the others, 158 Magic attack and Magic Defense.

I haven't taken it out yet and only really just got it and was looking at the stats just now, so I thought I would add a little to this very helpful guide :)
Rinirinrin
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Whoops, sorry wrong thread. ^^;
Sprinkles&Cupcakes
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

By the way, Shayde/Osu...
I still have to give you pictures of the missing monsters, right? ouo;

Edit: Wait, nevermind. The guide is already completed. Stupid me. XD
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well the only one that there isn't a picture for is the Viking Goblin. But in addition to that you could get any high quality images to replace some of the low quality ones that would be great too, if you want.
Vaidurya
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

There are a few monsters that I've noticed missing, including the Dancing Duck, not to mention the notes that Cluckadoodle and Buffamoo are the only "item" monsters that produce daily (might have to get them past a certain affection point, not certain, but mine produce daily). Mkay, I think I'm going to lurk around here and post whatever relevant information I can.

Also, is there any way to add a "family" listing? I.E., Fungi, Duck, Demon, Chicken, Cow, Turtle, Humanoid (all the goblins), Arachnid, Ant, Beetle? Okay, back to the game for me.. :)
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks for mentioning those. But the dancing duck is on there it just is under the wrong name.

But as for family classifications that sound great.
Though Shayde is the one who edits the front page so it's up to her.
Vaidurya
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Osuchin wrote:Thanks for mentioning those. But the dancing duck is on there it just is under the wrong name.

But as for family classifications that sound great.
Though Shayde is the one who edits the front page so it's up to her.
Yeah, I scrolled through and saw the image for the Dancing Duck marked as Peck, but only after I'd posted. Still seemed somewhat relevant, so I didn't edit it out.

Ok, well, I'm going to go back through a few places and see if the higher level cluckadoodle-type are actually cluckadoodles or another species (Peck). In the DS RF games, I found that they'd reuse sprites and change the names without changing colors sometimes. :\ I'll try to help with fleshing out other bits, and now that I've got my sweetheart addicted, I might try a full FAQ on the game while he plays and I type.

In the mean time, it's nice to gather and share information with people who care about it, even if it is only about the monsters. :3

Edit: caught a Spring Flower from Verde Island; it's Level 2.
Vaidurya
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Are stickies immune to the 10-day rule?

Also, I've found a thing or two out about different monsters, and I've been editing the above post (and will edit this post) with fresh things.

Dark Unicorn: in E-3, I've caught DU's between level 61 and 63. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 64 and 65s there, too.
Serenityanne
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hello,
I have been trying to do all these request to get the key to the wind shrine. I have beat the other three shrines. I know it is somewhere on frost island, but I have went over that island a lot and still can't find it.
Help please.